JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The radio station America FM was doing one of its 'Is Anyone Listening?' bits this morning.

The first question was, 'Ever have a celebrity come up with the 'Do you know who I am?' routine?'

A woman called in and said that a few years ago, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings, MT, she had occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does

not take reservations
. The wait was about 45 minutes; many local ranchers and their wives were waiting.

Ted Turner and his ex-wife Jane Fonda came in the restaurant and wanted a table. The hostess informed them that they'd have to wait 45 minutes.

Jane Fonda asked the hostess, 'Do you know who I am?' The hostess answered, 'Yes, but you'll have to wait 45 minutes.'

Then Jane asked if the manager was in. When the manager came out, he asked, 'May I help you?'

'Do you know who we are?' both Ted and Jane asked. Yes, but these folks have been waiting, and I can't put you ahead of them.'

Then Ted asked to speak to the owner. The owner came out, and Jane again asked, 'Do you know who I am?'

The owner answered, 'Yes, I do. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant and I am a Vietnam Veteran.

Not only will you not get a table ahead of my friends and neighbors who have been waiting here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye.'

Only in America , is this a great country or what?

To all who received this, this is a true story and the name of the steak house is:

Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse
204 W. Main ,
Manhattan , MT 59741
(406) 284-6929

If you ever get there, give this fellow a sharp salute, buy a steak, and tip the waitress.

They have ten steaks on their simple menu from 32 oz. to 12 oz.

Toothpicks on every table!

Keep passing this on. We should never forget our "national traitor "!

Great post! I was born and raised 8 miles from that steak house and ate there several times. People like these mentioned in the story are all over Montana, it truly is a wonderful place to live and visit!

Maybe this is something I should have know but can't seem to recall anything or maybe I am to young to remember. Remind me what was the issue??

The attachment is a picture of Jane Fonda at a North Vietnamese gun battery in 1972 as part of a two week trip. She strongly opposed the war (as did many Americans), but crossed the line in her support of the VC, which was heavily used as propaganda. She was at the height of her popularity and this was very demoralizing to our troops. She was young and stupid and allowed herself to be used as a tool against our troops. Just about everything you will find on the Internet has been carefully massaged to the point of making her sound like some sort of victim. That's not the case, she was unapologetic for several years, and then only because she was forced to for career reasons. Yes, she is a great actress - she is also the worst kind of Hollywood scum.

I still think she's bottom of the barrel drew and not even snopes can change that.
You make it sound like I said something of supportive of her. I most certainly did not.

So she didn't try to jump the line at steakhouse. She is still a reprehensible person.

I chuckle when I think about the vet spitting on her at a book signing.

drew. I would never insinuate that, I only mentioned my thoughts on her as a person.
She even sucked as Barbarella, and the only movie she was in that was worth watching was
"on golden pond" and that's only due to the fact that her fathers acting allowed me to look past her being even in it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top