JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This :
View attachment 628924
Is no different than :
View attachment 628925

Both are rifles....Both were made to accurately place a projectile on a target.

The fact that one is a semi-auto rifle with a 30 round magazine and the other is a antique single shot flintlock , does not change the fact that both are rifles.

If I use either rifle I can :
Hit my target...
Win a shooting match...
Hunt and or bring him dinner...
Defend myself...
Have fun...
Exercise my 2nd Amendment Right...

If I misuse either I can :
Harm or kill myself or others.

Again all the same , because both are just rifles.
Andy
And both have the same likelihood of shooting random, innocent people all on their own with no input from an evil mind ... 0%

And both have the same likelihood of shooting random, innocent people all on their own with no input from an evil mind ... 0%

Also very true...and something that I should have stated in my post.

What I do like to do with both of them....Is take them both out at the range on the same day....its fun to shoot them both and have folks shoot a modern rifle , then a rifle made about 1800....one right after the other....:D
Andy

So, my question is with so many hunters hating us (anyone who owns an evil "assault weapon") and wanting our firearms confiscated, how do we get them on our side? Or at least get them to quit trying to throw us under the gun control bus?

I personally don't see them coming around until the govt goes after their "sniper rifles" and room clearing "combat shotguns", but by then it'll be too late for us.

I'd be interested in hearing someone's tactics on this. I don't hunt and cannot really put myself into Mr. Fudd Hunter's shoes...The way I see it, if you let the government dictate that "you don't need an AR to hunt" today, then you lose the AR tomorrow. And then, maybe a year later, they'll say "you don't need a lever action to hunt"...and then at some point we'll wind up with "you don't need to hunt" at all.

So, if you've had this conversation, I'd like to hear your experience on the arguments put forward by Mr. Fudd Hunter and how they countered *your* arguments. Thanks in advance,

I'd be interested in hearing someone's tactics on this. I don't hunt and cannot really put myself into Mr. Fudd Hunter's shoes...The way I see it, if you let the government dictate that "you don't need an AR to hunt" today, then you lose the AR tomorrow. And then, maybe a year later, they'll say "you don't need a lever action to hunt"...and then at some point we'll wind up with "you don't need to hunt" at all.

So, if you've had this conversation, I'd like to hear your experience on the arguments put forward by Mr. Fudd Hunter and how they countered *your* arguments. Thanks in advance,
If society functions based purely on needs....well then I don't need about 2/3rds of the excess government bloat that I contribute towards with my tax dollars. I don't need lying, cheating politicians. I certainly don't need people bubbleguming in my ear about 30 round magazines. There are a whole lot of things that would get swept away in a hurry if everything required a proof of necessity.

I think you misunderstood. The 2A doesn't require you to be a hunter. I don't hunt, yet I have many reasons to own a gun and 30 round magazines starting with "because I want to."

Basically if NOBODY in the world hunted, there would still be 2nd amendment. How easily the two are conflated. Not saying we don't need hunters. We need everyone.

You're right, I got that cockeyed.

We don't need the NSA/CIA secretly monitoring US citizen in mass

We don't need the ATF sending guns to Mexican drug cartelS

We don't need Dems weaponizing the IRS
Or the FBI.

We don't need Dems trying en mass to flood the US with illegal immigrants, them protecting them more than they do American citizens

We don't need Dems violating Federal Law helping Illegal immigrant criminals evade the Law

We don't need Dems passing Red Flag laws that circumvent due process

We don't need the Dems and corrupt Clintons using political connections to try to set up a legally elected President of the people

Icould go on and on, but for these reasons and so many more we absolutely need 30 round magazines, and 40, and 90 and 100 and anything else we can get a hold of.

this govt is the type of govt our forefather's wrote about. Only we only know of 1% of the evil they do against us.

I have family friends that own what used to be an elk ranch near Whitefish MT. Last time I visited it was a totally different type of demographic than Kalispell, which has had a constant influx of left leaning Calis moving in for some time. Yup, eventually the state will flip over. Better to live someplace the Calis don't like.
And where would that be? O, it is a secret, got it!

As a more 'seasoned' members of this forum who has been shooting, hunting and all things outdoors since I voted for my first President (Ronald Reagan) I have given this a lot of thought and have tried to look at it from both sides.
Unfortunately (and I'll admit I am reluctant to admit it) but there is a lot of self-rightious arrogance within the anti 2A hunting community.
Many of them consider themselves 'purists' and quite frankly put tmeselves into what they believe are 'elite' circles.
They refuse to accept basic factual concepts yet continue to spout the same rhetoric over and over. The statement by Chipper Jones is a good example of what I am referring to:
I liken it to drugs – you're not going to get rid of all the guns. But AR-15s and AK-47s and all this kind of stuff – they belong in the hands of soldiers. Those belong in the hands of people who know how to operate them, and whose lives depend on them operating them. Not with civilians. I have no problem with hunting rifles and shotguns and pistols and what-not. But I'm totally against civilians having those kinds of automatic and semi-automatic weapons."
This is nothing more than an uninformed and uneducated (and probably scripted) response he, like many, will use over and over.
The bottom line is I do not believe there will be any reaching these types however I also believe they are in a minority who seem to keep to themselves, are not aligining with the anti left and are probably largely in part 'harmless' in the big scheme of things.

The bottom line is I do not believe there will be any reaching these types however I also believe they are in a minority who seem to keep to themselves, are not aligining with the anti left and are probably largely in part 'harmless' in the big scheme of things.

How about when the anti2A ballot initiatives come around? Are they staying home or voting "yes"? If the latter, they are harmful, if the former, they aren't helpful.

Letting Fonda stay in Montana is like letting Soros stay in this country...should've been fixed a long time ago

I have been writing about this traitor to the Montana Constitution and to the Second Amendment for some time.

I have mentioned him in telephone conversations and IN PERSON to other people. Inside and outside of this state - MT.

He LIED when he ran for office the last time when it came to gun issues.

One year later or LESS than one year AFTER he got elected for Governor the last time - he flipped flopped again aka LIED to the MT people and he went over to the DARK SIDE of anti RKBA issues big time.

My born/raised Montana husband and I did not vote for him.

He has a record of many anti RKBA stances in this state.

There is more to say but it is NOT all gun related.

HE IS IN THE POCKET of all of the BLOOMBERG and others of his ILK anti gun groups.

HE and TESTER are lap dogs when it comes to ALL of the cult followers in the ANTI GUN section of the D. Party.
FACT not fiction and NOT speculation!

I will say one other thing. Don't blame 'all transplants' because some of the transplants are FAR MORE CONSERVATIVE in MANY ISSUES, not only in GUN ISSUES, than many long time - generations of Montana people. And that IS a fact because I have met them and my MT born/raised husband - several generations here can attest to that FACT.

Are some regular citizen transplants to MT, HOLLY-WEIRD and GANG RAP folks and their movies, music, cult like policies, FAR left schools/universities, politics, brainwashing, social engineering, some RELIGIOUS leaders in the churches/temples = FACT not FICTION, FAR L and FAR R news to blame?

YES, some of them are to blame! YOU can see this on the city councils and small town councils ACROSS this state when it comes to FULL COVERAGE including at the state capitol! SEEN it all as in hours and hours online.

Now, if I would mention ALL of the religious leaders who are anti gun - anti self defense but PRO illegal aliens and other ILLEGAL/CRIMINAL things - I would get DELETED HERE. But it sure seems funny to me how they (Some Christians and many Jews) are for MANY ILLEGAL THINGS that are against the Constitution of this country and state (MT) but they are AGAINST the LEGAL things for average citizens who are NOT criminals when it comes to GUNS. And the politicians and SJW types LOVE THEM for their anti gun stances and in other issues!

The ANTI GUN, PRO ILLEGAL ALIENS (I am NOT talking about LEGAL immigration now.), pro bum/pro transient/pro on the dole folks, and the SJW types have the MOST PEOPLE TURN UP for ALL of these events since the AVERAGE JANE/JOE are working or are elderly/handicapped and might not be able to make the trip to Helena or all over this HUGE STATE at the other events. THEY HAVE SCHOOL KIDS and teenagers come to ALL OF THOSE EVENTS TOO! The CHILDREN talk about ANTI gun rights and they have LISTS typed up for them! Shades of FL and in other states with those other kids/teens!

YOU should not trust all Rs or a man/woman with a R by their name when it comes to Pro GUN Rights and in other Constitutional issues. FEDERAL and state!

In another thread, if I have time later on, I will tell you how some Rs have SCREWED us in gun issues too.

Old Lady Cate

I am a Christian - no specific 'religion/church' now, pro RKBA, pro Constitution and pro MT Constitution who knows the truth when it comes to some of these Montana ALL HAT - NO CATTLE politicians! I am a transplant to this state and I came here as a widow. I am a fiscal conservative and a conservative with a libertarian slant in some issues. I am FAR more conservative with a libertarian slant in most Constitutional issues than many born/raised MT people who some other people THINK are supposed to be SO very conservative when they are NOT. LOL I might have to swing over to the Libertarian Party again soon too. I have supported Many Republicans, almost all of my life - 69 years old, and Several Libertarians in the past. I campaigned, supported and voted for Ron Paul in 1988. I voted for Reagan the first time around too. I voted for one GOOD Dem in the past in my former township. Secretary/treasurer. He had an outstanding record and he actually KNEW what he was doing and did not run with an INITIAL by his name to win the vote. He did declare his party and it showed but he ran on his good record! He had a GOOD record! But back there - people DECLARED THEIR PARTIES and out here MOST OF THEM HIDE their party affiliation! LOL What a joke! I never saw such crazy ballots until I moved out west. Plus when they run, most of them out here, don't even show what they STAND FOR in their campaign literature - I kid you not. One lady did this time in town and I spoke to her a couple of times and gave out HER information to other people here close to my home.

Letting Fonda stay in Montana is like letting Soros stay in this country...should've been fixed a long time ago

I can't stand HANOI JANE. I thought that she was a traitor to this country and that she should have been held accountable for her actions with the Viet Cong and all of North Vietnam. HJ divorced TED so I do not think that she has a HOME or HUGE RANCH to live on here in MT unless she visits TED or others of her ILK. I could be wrong because she DID own a LOT of real estate all over the country and not just in CA.

MY late husband and other Vietnam Veterans like him DETESTED Hanoi Jane and hung her pictures up when they took a 'leak' aka urinated.

I detest Soros and would say some other things but I better NOT now.

I can't figure out him LIVING in this country. He was a traitor too. He IS a traitor to the USA and if you go down the rabbit hole with his connections and GROUPS out in the open and secret - you, not you personally, would be shocked. FOLLOW the money, follow it some more and CONNECT THE DOTS!

Cate

BULLOCK vetoed permit less carry TWICE for sure. Most people were for it - Rs and Ds. So they could not over ride his veto.

The only reason that he legalized switchblades is because ONLY 1 Dem voted against it so he did sign that into law. I believe that I got that right without LOOKING it up and my husband and I are talking about it now. I could be wrong about the 1 Dem, my memory or his memory, but it did become LEGAL to carry a switchblade knife. We don't carry them but we know people who do and who MAKE them too.

Cate

16gnae.jpg

Bullock goes on stage with his 'cowboy boots' and the mass media gush-swoon about his boots.

ALL hat - NO cattle!

Give me a break! LOL

I wonder if this man will be in the next debate for President. Someone is paying his way.

Plus he keeps on using MT resources for his security detail. Our tax dollars at work. Ugh.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR