JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You haven't lived till you've gone noodlin' with a scuba and a 100 round AR. Scuba so you can stay down longer, 100 rounds cause you can't see bubblegum in the mud and who wants to reload under water?

Obviously this governor is simply doing it wrong. Someone get the man a scuba suit and an AR :rolleyes:

I may need to add this to my Bucket List!:D

You'd hope but look at:

He won by 91%.

He terms out in 2021.

I'm curious what he said on record while campaigning and how that lines up with what he's saying now.
I'm sure he knows 2A rights are important to most Montanans - I mean it's not like he was campaigning in Portland.

He always gave the 2A lip service, but would always veto pro-gun bills and started to go full blown anti after his last reelection.

Ray

The 2A doesn't mention hunting or tax paid protection for governors. You first. One is giving up a right. The other would be giving up a privilege.

Last Edited:
You haven't lived till you've gone noodlin' with a scuba and a 100 round AR. Scuba so you can stay down longer, 100 rounds cause you can't see bubblegum in the mud and who wants to reload under water?

Obviously this governor is simply doing it wrong. Someone get the man a scuba suit and an AR :rolleyes:
You're definitely onto something here. I can picture this and what an image it brings to mind. :eek:

Wrong. If the hardcore 2A people keep saying "Fudd this and that" and they "don't need hunters", you'll end up losing a lot of people that could be allies. Any interest group that uses arms needs to onboard.
I think you misunderstood. The 2A doesn't require you to be a hunter. I don't hunt, yet I have many reasons to own a gun and 30 round magazines starting with "because I want to."

Basically if NOBODY in the world hunted, there would still be 2nd amendment. How easily the two are conflated. Not saying we don't need hunters. We need everyone.

I get real tired of the efforts to narrow the 2A to hunting.
So do I - and especially when most of these idiots mention round amounts 'you don't need' are higher than what is typically legal.

Therefore to equate 'need' of what is most likely higher than what is legal is pointless and nonsensical - but does anybody try to make that connection?

Americans don't need pandering leftists who think they have a higher moral authority over our lives and personal property. My $.02

Wrong. If the hardcore 2A people keep saying "Fudd this and that" and they "don't need hunters", you'll end up losing a lot of people that could be allies. Any interest group that uses arms needs to onboard.

We've all met/seen these guys:

Fudd.png

You know, the "hunters" that are very hostile towards the 2nd Amendment. There seem to be more "hunters" that are against us, with the same mentality as the most virulent anti, advocating for an AWB, handgun bans, magazine bans/limits, universal background checks, mandatory buybacks, closing all the so-called loopholes, outlawing all guns but the ones they like, etc............

A few weeks ago, I this very discussion with a neighbor, who's an 80 some odd year old "ban assault weapon" "hunters". I informed him that AR's are great for coyote hunting, the reason for the 2A and a range of other topics, but he wouldn't budge. It's funny that before this we were friendly and would talk for a little while every time we met, but since he found out that I own an AR, he won't even look at me, my wife or even in the direction of my house. I guess that he's worried my "evil baby killing assault rifle" will jump up and get him. This guy definitely deserves the term "Fudd".

So, my question is with so many hunters hating us (anyone who owns an evil "assault weapon") and wanting our firearms confiscated, how do we get them on our side? Or at least get them to quit trying to throw us under the gun control bus?

I personally don't see them coming around until the govt goes after their "sniper rifles" and room clearing "combat shotguns", but by then it'll be too late for us.

Ray

His last name (Bullock) is derived from the British slang word bollocks.

Bollocks /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Middle English origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in colloquial British English and Hiberno-English as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

His last name (Bullock) is derived from the British slang word bollocks.

Bollocks /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Middle English origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in colloquial British English and Hiberno-English as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

Ray

Roll up your sleeves and EXPLAIN why that cake is famous. EXPLAIN to them that they are holding the last pieces, and that a bunch of the cake is already gone.

I sympathize with what you are saying, but there is no magic bullet (no pun intended).

Winning hearts and minds is a function of time.

This :
AR15.jpg
Is no different than :
DSC06814.jpg

Both are rifles....Both were made to accurately place a projectile on a target.

The fact that one is a semi-auto rifle with a 30 round magazine and the other is a antique single shot flintlock , does not change the fact that both are rifles.

If I use either rifle I can :
Hit my target...
Win a shooting match...
Hunt and or bring him dinner...
Defend myself...
Have fun...
Exercise my 2nd Amendment Right...

If I misuse either I can :
Harm or kill myself or others.

Again all the same , because both are just rifles.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR