Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

missing threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice if some threads are missing? I went to look for the thread in the Legal/Political section about the killing of Al-Alwaki and can't find it. Am I blind or are threads getting deleted?

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

They are being deleted as they must be getting to vitriolic.

3. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

The Mod's have been engaging in some selective enforcement of the no politics rule - probably it got yanked. Personally I find political debate to be engaging and fun - you just gotta have a thick hide and not get all personal and bent out of shape about it. Some of the Mods apparently feel differently... some seem to be taking sides.
    I've read the no-politics rule and its intent sounds good in theory - but politics tends to bleed into almost everything so enforcing such a rule is tough - doing it fairly is near impossible.

4. Stomper

You're .... keep your opinions to yerself! ;)

5. locobob

Bring it Boy! ...I'll give ya a... you won't forget! ;)

6. Stomper

LOL... that ain't possible, ya eunuch! :p

7. locobob

Thinking bout doing some open carry at the Occupy Portland rally..... god I'm so confused!

MikeE and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Stomper

Umm.. no, that could turn out in tears... wouldn't be prudent.

9. locobob

I going to demand that Wall St. buy us all a SCAR H with their purloined bonus money.... why not... I still wouldn't be the craziest guy there I'll bet.

10. Kevatc

I agree that the political threads can be fun. The Al-Alwaki thread deletion confuses me because if memory serves a mod or two engaged in the conversation and the thread went for at least 100 posts over a couple days. Why did it take so long to delete???

11. Stomper

Maybe it was me calling that one guy a 105-lb sack with one leg shorter than the other and wearing special shoes to keep his head from flopping around when he walks... it coulda been that, Dunno.

MA Duce and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

It was an interesting and rather entertaining discussion. I know it's frowned upon but would it be possible to have stuff like that moved to "off topic" to carry on with here?

13. locobob

Well gosh darn it! The mods pulled our colorful political insults.... I'll give em props for not making this thread vanish though.

So can I get away with calling Stomper a Chi-Bagger?... J/K J/K I'll quit while I'm ahead ;)

14. Kevatc

The thread did vanish. I can't even find the "likes" that I doled out or received. Weird to let it go so long before pulling the trigger on it.

15. locobob

Actually I was referring to the present thread in my last post. The Al-Shouldascumbagterroristhaveconstitutionalrightscausehesacitizen thread is MIA.

16. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

They had to check the constitution and make sure due process was satisfied before they deleted it. Rather then just delete it with a drone. These things take time.

17. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

Perfect!

18. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

Why is there a Legal and Political section if the subject of politics is taboo? this makes no sense.
    I also believe it was an interesting discussion, rather spirited at times but never really got ugly. But why yank the entire thread and all traces, likes, comments etc etc. Oh well, I guess Big Brother really IS watching! Sssshhhhh!:paranoid:

19. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Hey mods, I don't mind being called names. I can take it. Leave the threads alone.

(Anyone hear pink floyd right now?)

20. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Answer: Rule 9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).