JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else notice if some threads are missing? I went to look for the thread in the Legal/Political section about the killing of Al-Alwaki and can't find it. Am I blind or are threads getting deleted?

The Mod's have been engaging in some selective enforcement of the no politics rule - probably it got yanked. Personally I find political debate to be engaging and fun - you just gotta have a thick hide and not get all personal and bent out of shape about it. Some of the Mods apparently feel differently... some seem to be taking sides.
I've read the no-politics rule and its intent sounds good in theory - but politics tends to bleed into almost everything so enforcing such a rule is tough - doing it fairly is near impossible.

The Mod's have been engaging in some selective enforcement of the no politics rule - probably it got yanked. Personally I find political debate to be engaging and fun - you just gotta have a thick hide and not get all personal and bent out of shape about it. Some of the Mods apparently feel differently... some seem to be taking sides.
I've read the no-politics rule and its intent sounds good in theory - but politics tends to bleed into almost everything so enforcing such a rule is tough - doing it fairly is near impossible.

I agree that the political threads can be fun. The Al-Alwaki thread deletion confuses me because if memory serves a mod or two engaged in the conversation and the thread went for at least 100 posts over a couple days. Why did it take so long to delete???

Well gosh darn it! The mods pulled our colorful political insults.... I'll give em props for not making this thread vanish though.

So can I get away with calling Stomper a Chi-Bagger?... J/K J/K I'll quit while I'm ahead ;)

Well gosh darn it! The mods pulled our colorful political insults.... I'll give em props for not making the thread vanish though.

So can I get away with calling Stomper a Chi-Bagger?... J/K J/K I'll quit while I'm ahead ;)

The thread did vanish. I can't even find the "likes" that I doled out or received. Weird to let it go so long before pulling the trigger on it.

I agree that the political threads can be fun. The Al-Alwaki thread deletion confuses me because if memory serves a mod or two engaged in the conversation and the thread went for at least 100 posts over a couple days. Why did it take so long to delete???

They had to check the constitution and make sure due process was satisfied before they deleted it. Rather then just delete it with a drone. These things take time.

Why is there a Legal and Political section if the subject of politics is taboo? this makes no sense.
I also believe it was an interesting discussion, rather spirited at times but never really got ugly. But why yank the entire thread and all traces, likes, comments etc etc. Oh well, I guess Big Brother really IS watching! Sssshhhhh!:s0131:

Why is there a Legal and Political section if the subject of politics is taboo? this makes no sense.
I also believe it was an interesting discussion, rather spirited at times but never really got ugly. But why yank the entire thread and all traces, likes, comments etc etc. Oh well, I guess Big Brother really IS watching! Sssshhhhh!:s0131:

Answer: Rule 9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top