JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was participating in a thread that suddenly disappeared. Completely. It was the "Is this a good gun?" thread. Unfortunately, it added several pages before I could get back and read those before it disappeared.

So when a thread disappears, typically what is the action? Is this something a moderator might step in and do? Or is it initiated by the original poster? What are the mechanics of a thread going away completely like that?

Thanks.

I was participating in a thread that suddenly disappeared. Completely. It was the "Is this a good gun?" thread. Unfortunately, it added several pages before I could get back and read those before it disappeared.

So when a thread disappears, typically what is the action? Is this something a moderator might step in and do? Or is it initiated by the original poster? What are the mechanics of a thread going away completely like that?

Thanks.
The dickhead OP got himself and his thread removed.

I had an idea it was something like that. Those latter pages must've had some juicy stuff in them.

Well, I was trying to be constructive in that thread. Based in part on some of my life experience. Too bad for him that he crashed through the guard rails. Some people just can't be told. I will say this, you come to NWFA asking for advice, you're gonna get it. Thing is, it may not be what you want to hear.

I had an idea it was something like that. Those latter pages must've had some juicy stuff in them.

Well, I was trying to be constructive in that thread. Based in part on some of my life experience. Too bad for him that he crashed through the guard rails. Some people just can't be told. I will say this, you come to NWFA asking for advice, you're gonna get it. Thing is, it may not be what you want to hear.
It got pretty exciting the last three pages or so.

It got pretty exciting the last three pages or so.
Damnitall. I always miss the good stuff. I just had to go off and eat my dinner. Now look at what it cost me.

Seriously, it's rare for me to stay at the keyboard and follow a post as it unfolds. My loss in cases like this, I guess.

Damnitall. I always miss the good stuff. I just had to go off and eat my dinner. Now look at what it cost me.

Seriously, it's rare for me to stay at the keyboard and follow a post as it unfolds. My loss in cases like this, I guess.
I barely caught it in time. I think I must have read it right as it was getting deleted.

As to the post under discussion, I seriously hope Ike-what's his face figures this out before HB1240 passes. Otherwise, he's stuck. Before I made my first post in response, I looked at the text of the proposed bill again. It includes semi-auto shotguns with pistol grips and vertical foregrips as the one shown in the picture had. If the bill passes, he won't be able to legally sell it.

I barely caught it in time. I think I must have read it right as it was getting deleted.

Sorry guys that was my fault, I mention the mods and they brought down the rain, but that dude was talking chit within his first few posts on the forum.

Here is a recap of how it was finished....

baby ninja GIF

When I first saw that thread, I remember thinking just how dangerous threads like that can be for the thread starter.

The intention is usually to draw attention to the item they're trying to sell in the classifieds, hopefully attract a buyer. The problem is, comments on selling price and such are not allowed there, but in the regular forum, he's fair game, and better have thick skin.

That makes me feel even worse for missing the good stuff.
Here is a recap of how it was finished....

baby ninja GIF
:s0140:

It was a one act play:

"No one wants to buy my RIA VR60 what ever shall I do?"
"Lower the price."
"Well yeahbut."
"It's not that great a gun."
"But I have accessories."
"But your gun sucks."
"You're a poopoo head."
<Repeat>
<Repeat>