JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Background:

There was a protest against the extended mask wearing ordinance earlier in the week in my hometown of Moscow. It was organized by Christ Church of Moscow, which is a very controversial church. Some say they border on being a cult. Whole other issue I don't think is appropriate for the forum.

So, the church has a peaceful protest outside of City Hall. They are singing hymns when the local police come up and make five arrests. This makes national news and Tucker Carlson does a segment on it.

This attracts the attention of Ammon Bundy, who lives in the Boise area. His group, People's Rights, organizes a caravan to drive up to Moscow today to hold a rally outside of the police station.

The entire event is video taped and can be found here on Facebook: People's Rights

So the incident that occurred starts at the 1:26:45 mark.

Two men begin arguing. The guy in shorts is pro-mask and the guy in pants is anti-mask. Apparently, the shorts guy said some things to begin the argument and the pants guy starts approaching him arguing. Shorts guy starts backing up and pants guy continues advancing. Shorts guy is holding a mug of coffee and backs into a pickup. Pants get keeps getting closer so shorts guy throws hot coffee into his face. Pants guy reacts by punching shorts guy in the face. Pants guy then continues punching shorts guy and knocking him down.

Pants guy is clearly armed OWB with a 1911. Shorts guy is unarmed. Officers interview both and review video by witnesses.

I videoed a replay of the video taken by a witness. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to post it. Says it doesn't have a valid file extension, despite me changing it to .mov. Whatever.

Anyway, after reviewing it, I think both are wrong. Pants guy shouldn't have advanced, shouldn't have gotten so close, and after the first punch that caused shorts guy to retreat, should not have continued the assault.

Shorts guy should not have been wearing shorts, lol. And, he should not have instigated the exchange and should not have thrown coffee in pants guy's face.

Officers ended up letting both go and I doubt they will bring charges against either.

Interested in other's take on this.

sigh.png

I ended up posting the actual scuffle on YouTube...

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

My take :
If you are armed...Don't get into arguments or altercations.
Think "Mild Bill" not "Wild Bill"....:D
Andy

Agreed, completely.

My father gave me some very good advice, very long ago: "Ignore the idiots." He was and is right; nothing good comes from engaging with the stupid, emotionally distraught, intoxicated, or otherwise unbalanced types. Time, money, and energy are all finite, so no need to waste it on such engagements.

This happened 15 miles from me and is a good reminder how stupid can happen anywhere. My girlfriend wanted to go to this rally but I advised against it. If I would have gone, I would not have been open carrying and would have considered not carrying at all given the atmosphere and context.

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Agreed, completely.

My father gave me some very good advice, very long ago: "Ignore the idiots." He was and is right; nothing good comes from engaging with the stupid, emotionally distraught, intoxicated, or otherwise unbalanced types. Time, money, and energy are all finite, so no need to waste it on such engagements.
If you try to argue with a stupid person, they'll win by bringing you down to their level and beating you with experience.

Last Edited:
The guy lost most legal defense as he pursued someone clearly trying to leave the confrontation. Shorts guy might regret throwing the coffee, and he's lucky it didn't cost him more than some equal rights and lefts, but everyone is better off it stopped there.

Interested in other's take on this.

What I saw:
Apparently words were spoken, pizzing off pants boy who was armed. Pants boy moves toward shorts boy in a threatening way, with both hands out so he can punch shorts boy when the opportunity arises. Shorts boy backs up to get away, but is finally penned against the pickup, and can't go any farther. Pants boy continues approaching with the apparent intent to give shorts boy a beating. Shorts boy uses what is apparently the only weapon he has - the covfefe - and does a good job dousing pants boy, who then gives shorts boy the beating he was apparently intending to give in the first place.

I say pants boy's menacing approach was assault, thus pants boy appears to have started the physical altercation. If shorts boy had been armed, and if he believed pants boy might beat him, take his gun, and use it on him, shorts boy could justify use of lethal force instead of dousing with covfefe.

Last Edited:
Mr. Jack Azz Dumbtwit, meets Mr. Moron VonNumbnutz....
.... They then decide to compete to see who's head is emptier.

After a thorough review of the video, a tie is declared and both claim victory....
....All those that were witness to this event, find they have lost brain cells.:s0092:

Another reason I want to move to Idaho... Looks like good ol fashion settle your differences and call it a day to me.
guy lost it, but stopped after the first salvo. Didn't even need a ref there to call tko. I got into a lot of fights as a kid, but they always ended with me and my "sparring partner" laughing and comparing bumps and cuts in the office while we waited for the principal to call us in... actually made some good friends that way.
this also reminds me of a typical Friday evening around the house with me and my 4 brothers. Only reason mom and dad even found out is because one of us had a fat lip.
.non story. Is it a miracle pants guy didn't reach for his gun? Nope. I have a big ol sledgehammer and a some railroad spikes in the garage... but I'm not going to use them to hang a poster for my son when a stapler or a few thumb tacks are sufficient. It takes a lot more than a disagreement over a mask to warrant taking a life. I choose to believe that most folks can make that distinction even when their temper gets the best of them... and let's face it...tossing coffee on that guy was like tying to put out a grease fire with a glass of water. At that point a few haymakers were warranted, but still the gun stayed put. things in our house could get pretty heated when 5 boys and only one box of Mac and cheese left, but the knives on the counter never came into play.
The vast majority of those that carry would rather take a superficial bubblegum whooping than take a life.... It's projecting the worst of what you believe yourself capable of onto others if you believe otherwise, in which case you need to check yourself... cuz that ain't normal.

rub some dirt on it and get back out there Jonny.

Another reason I want to move to Idaho... Looks like good ol fashion settle your differences and call it a day to me.
guy lost it, but stopped after the first salvo. Didn't even need a ref there to call tko. I got into a lot of fights as a kid, but they always ended with me and my "sparring partner" laughing and comparing bumps and cuts in the office while we waited for the principal to call us in... actually made some good friends that way.
this also reminds me of a typical Friday evening around the house with me and my 4 brothers. Only reason mom and dad even found out is because one of us had a fat lip.
.non story. Is it a miracle pants guy didn't reach for his gun? Nope. I have a big ol sledgehammer and a some railroad spikes in the garage... but I'm not going to use them to hang a poster for my son when a stapler or a few thumb tacks are sufficient. It takes a lot more than a disagreement over a mask to warrant taking a life. I choose to believe that most folks can make that distinction even when their temper gets the best of them... and let's face it...tossing coffee on that guy was like tying to put out a grease fire with a glass of water. At that point a few haymakers were warranted, but still the gun stayed put. things in our house could get pretty heated when 5 boys and only one box of Mac and cheese left, but the knives on the counter never came into play.
The vast majority of those that carry would rather take a superficial bubblegum whooping than take a life.... It's projecting the worst of what you believe yourself capable of onto others if you believe otherwise, in which case you need to check yourself... cuz that ain't normal.

rub some dirt on it and get back out there Jonny.
The gun stayed put because the pants guy was never threatened. If shorts guy got the upper hand on the fight, would the gun have stayed put? At that point, pants guy or shorts guy could grab it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews