JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Head Count...

• Total voters
Yeah, thanks...still didn't see it. Probably too busy paying attention to the traffic.
If you're heading east, it's a rather big turnout at the road, but I don't remember it being well marked.

Salmon River Road is too far east. Miller Road is the 2nd right after you cross the Salmon River according to Google Maps. It's right after a 4 lane passing section that goes slightly uphill, almost smack dab between the Salmon River bridge and the Mt. Hood Village RV Resort.

Try this map and see if it works:
Dropped pin Near Miller Rd, Welches, OR 97067 https://goo.gl/maps/e1p5UVPM6Af2pkKTA

Here's a screenshot as well, just to be safe:
IMG_20190426_000751.jpg

You can see the Salmon River bridge at the top left, and the RV park is the green spot to the bottom right. Where I put the pin should be the fork in the road. The map shows the downhill road that parallels the river, but that's private property and no shooting. People shoot there anyway, but I wouldn't risk it.

Follow the right fork up to the top of the hill, and when you reach the landing the quarry will be on your right. You can't miss it!

Hope this helps! :s0155:

Went there and checked it out. They now have a flip sign to indicate if "Workers Present". Fish & Wildlife people showed up just as I was leaving. They were very friendly.

Around 50 meters or so of shooting distance to backstop berm. Wouldn't feel range safe if more than two shooters were present.

Shotgunners leaving the most empty shells as trash (several hundred). Virtually no discarded brass evident. Only a few aluminum/steel pistol casings on ground.

Went there and checked it out. They now have a flip sign to indicate if "Workers Present". Fish & Wildlife people showed up just as I was leaving. They were very friendly.

Around 50 meters or so of shooting distance to backstop berm. Wouldn't feel range safe if more than two shooters were present.

Shotgunners leaving the most empty shells as trash (several hundred). Virtually no discarded brass evident. Only a few aluminum/steel pistol casings on ground.
The flip sign has been there for years. It's almost always closed during the summer. Surprised they haven't yet.

Not sure if you went up top or down below but the bottom is private property and the top has 100+ yard range.

As for brass anything left by shooters is picked up by the homeless tweakers that live in the woods nearby.

I'm trying to organize a clean up of Miller's Quarry. I posted a event and thread asking for help. If anyone involved with the clean up that happened in 2018 would please reach out to me and see if we can organize this.

I'm trying to organize a clean up of Miller's Quarry. I posted a event and thread asking for help. If anyone involved with the clean up that happened in 2018 would please reach out to me and see if we can organize this.
I'd be interested, I was part of the first one. In fact it was my idea. Last time I was there it was disgusting.

I'll make a couple calls tomorrow to BLM and Dump Stoppers to see what their requirements, (restrictions!) are about COVID and group cleanups.

If we don't like those requirements, I'd suggest we just go clean it up without trying to include them in the project. It doesn't take a whole lot of people to make a big difference. We would just need to chip in and deal with the disposal ourselves.

Trash removal will be a challenge. We'll need some wagons and/or wheel barrows to haul the trash to the gate. From there, 1 or 2 pickups to make a dump run to the Sandy Landfill. Pay by the pound and it doesn't cost that much.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Bill

Hello, @Joe Link ,

Thank you for this great forum and the opportunity to reach out and connect to our awesome community of gun owners! Here's a list of some of those dedicated NWFA members who came together as one to do some good for recreational shooting on public land. They represent half of those in attendance.

@ConcernedCitizen
@Ed Guinn
@Kristina
@Freshman
@bugster42
@Rem700..300
@jbett98
@6Corsa6
@Mister Bisley
@Cosimel
@citizen a
@Reno911
@Cogs
@Delasangre4231

Did I miss anyone?

Thanks again, Joe. Your forum is being used for the good of preserving and protecting our privilege to shoot on public lands and helping to overcome the stigma of people with guns in the woods. We appreciate the platform to communicate to each other.

Bill

Hello, @Joe Link ,

Thank you for this great forum and the opportunity to reach out and connect to our awesome community of gun owners! Here's a list of some of those dedicated NWFA members who came together as one to do some good for recreational shooting on public land. They represent half of those in attendance.

@ConcernedCitizen
@Ed Guinn
@Kristina
@Freshman
@bugster42
@Rem700..300
@jbett98
@6Corsa6
@Mister Bisley
@Cosimel
@citizen a
@Reno911
@Cogs
@Delasangre4231

Did I miss anyone?

Thanks again, Joe. Your forum is being used for the good of preserving and protecting our privilege to shoot on public lands and helping to overcome the stigma of people with guns in the woods. We appreciate the platform to communicate to each other.

Bill
Any of the members apart of this clean up interested in joining us for this year's clean up?

Went up there a couple days ago...most of the trash was at the lower shooting site. Not that much debris at the actual quarry, mostly shotgun shells and a few disintegrating targets. Appears most visitors never walk further up the road to shoot.

Went up there a couple days ago...most of the trash was at the lower shooting site. Not that much debris at the actual quarry, mostly shotgun shells and a few disintegrating targets. Appears most visitors never walk further up the road to shoot.
I was up there last weekend. Yeah, not a ton of trash. But still trash and shells. I wanted to get it clean before the bad weather hits to minimize the junk after winter.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews