JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Head Count...

• Total voters
Reactions
5-23-18 Cover Flier.jpg

Miller Rd, Welches, Google Maps: Google Maps
GPS: 45.366495, -122.007198

Directions: From Sandy, Oregon, Head East on US Hwy 26 E, 14 miles (16 mins) to Right on Miller Rd. Follow 'Cleanup' direction signs.

Details: Join Trash No Land, Clackamas County Dump Stoppers and the Bureau of Land Management for a Stewardship cleanup at Miller Quarry in the Welches area. We will be cleaning up the Quarry and neighboring private land.

Bring: Your own lunch, outdoor clothing, boots, gloves, rakes, magnet & manual pickers and a stewards heart!

All are welcome! We recommend children be of age 12 or older and be under adult supervision as there may be hazardous materials and sharp objects.

After the event, enjoy an afternoon of recreation as you wish! If you plan to shoot after the cleanup, be sure you have legal targets, target stands, fire prevention gear, eye and ear protection! Public Land ONLY.

Firearm Policy: Handling or use of a firearm during event hours is not allowed at our events and is not an official part of our events. You may recreate as you wish after the event concludes.

Sat, June 23. 9 AM to 1 PM. Miller Rd, Welches, OR.

Website Event Page: Welches Miller Quarry Cleanup
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1677016065709432/

Questions? Email Bill Cogley, Trash No Land, President, at [email protected]

Sponsored by Trash No Land, Clackamas County Dump Stoppers, BLM.

Stewardship Keeps It Open!

Trespassing and Target Shooting on private land is illegal without permission from the land owner. The lower section of Miller Rd is private land, yet, there has been shooting in that area. Trash No Land has been given permission to enter the private area for cleanup only. We appreciate good neighbors and respect their land.

Support the shooting sports by not trespassing & shooting on private land without permission!

This cleanup is our first 'Official' cleanup with the Bureau of Land Management. It's at a place where property lines are not easily identifiable and therefore, people have been trespassing and shooting on private land nearby. We'd like to help raise awareness of the private land location and encourage shooters to respect the land owners wishes for no trespassing or shooting on their land. The owner has given us permission to enter his property for part of this cleanup. He is glad to see us offer to help.

The residential community, around this shooting area, is not happy with the target shooting noise and trash. We will be working on some PR with the local residence to help them understand the importance of promoting responsible shooting and the good it could do for their community. We hope as many of them as possible come to help out and see what we're all about.

So come join us June 23rd! We'll have a 'blast'!

It would seem prudent to leave the hand cannons and AR pistols at home for the after party?

If they upset about the noise and trash, making a huge ruccus after the cleanup would be kind of self defeating. Perfect use case for suppressor and .22s.

It would seem prudent to leave the hand cannons and AR pistols at home for the after party?

If they upset about the noise and trash, making a huge ruccus after the cleanup would be kind of self defeating. Perfect use case for suppressor and .22s.
Oh I think that's okay. They understand it goes on and we gotta have our fun. At least they will know it's being done by a group of good shooters who respect the privilege and are trying to help make a difference in their community. I can't see cowering to anyone who might feel a need for hiding in their safe place when they hear a gun shot! It's just the way it is.

BLM says it's okay because the nearest residence is 1/4 mile away. Any closer and they would have shut it down. Some of the BLM would rather shut it down but they can't.

It's how we let them know we were there and did some good. (But I wouldn't doubt it if BLM gets a few new complaints about it!)

Last Edited:
Its a long haul but might come up Friday and stay somewhere . It will be good to get away after a 3 bedroom and 1 bathroom remodel. Plus our daughters HS graduation this week plus party.

I went up to Millers Quarry today. Yep, the road is fine. Pot holes are minimal depth and will not be a problem for most any vehicles. All the way up and down their okay.

The gate is immediately off Hwy 26 and is always locked. (We will have it open on cleanup morning and will place a sign that says no shooting for cleanup today). No road sign with the name but I'll also have our cleanup direction sign pointing the way.

Miller Quarry Before 1.jpg
How do you like that paint job on the 8 of 2018?

Miller Quarry Before 2.jpg
Oh look! It's duct tape over a 6! Sure faked me out from a distance! Until I looked closer.

Miller Quarry Before 3.jpg
Maybe we should bring some duct tape for the ne of June and paint ly for July? It would fake people out for another month! :)

Miller Quarry Before 4.jpg
Just before the road wye's off, look to the right...

Miller Quarry Before 5.jpg

Miller Quarry Before 6.jpg
Just after the wye will be our meeting location (1/4 mile fr gate). It's the high road to the right.

Miller Quarry Before 7.jpg
This is at the 1/4 mile mark where we'll meet.

Miller Quarry Before 8.jpg
Lets get that monitor out of there. (I walked way down that spur road and it's clean).

Miller Quarry Before 9.jpg
Up to the top at the quarry.
I caught this guy shooting trash. He didn't have a leg to stand on.

Miller Quarry Before 13.jpg
The fire department will be there. No really, local fire department folks are joining us.

Miller Quarry Before 14.jpg
Places are a mess in the lower section too. It's right next to the beautiful Salmon River.

Miller Quarry Before 15.jpg

Miller Quarry Before 16.jpg
Who ever finds this, wins it! But you have to take it all.

Miller Quarry Before 17.jpg

I find it rather confusing that the lower section, along the river, is private property but no signs are posted. Makes it look like all BLM land. The property owner is a sand & gravel company but it's obvious they don't use it, or haven't used it in quite a while. They must have an easement with BLM to allow for public access to the river. You cannot tell the difference between private or public, so, I don't blame anyone for trespassing. I don't even think you could call it trespassing if there are no signs or markings of any kind.

I'm going to talk with the property owner to get clarification on how the land may be used. If they don't want trespassing or shooting then they need to post it. If it's okay to enter and shoot, we'll leave it as is (still clean it up, but not push for signs).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top