JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, we already had the case reserves setup, but I sold a Desert Eagle automatic to a member here, and decided to cash the money orders directly and put it in one of the cash stashes.

In the one horse town I work in, US Bank closed their lobby and wouldn't let anyone in. The ATM was still open (kind of, it was rebooting), but I'd have to deposit, wait until it cleared, then withdraw. Umpqua Bank refused to cash it as I no longer had an account there (we paid off the mortgage with them in early in 2018), and the post office (always the finest in customer service and competence) didn't have enough money on hand. So, I zipped up to the county seat to one of the US banks that still had a drive-through teller open (though not the lobby) and got the greenbacks.

Anywho, to those that might need to do some banking, access a safe deposit box, etc., now may be the time to do it. Cheers.

My credit union closed the lobby on Monday, but is still conducting business at the drive up window, over the phone and online. So far, no issues related to my regular business with them. They also noted they can handle new loans over the phone and online, which might be good news to some folks about now.

Yup, my podunk USBank was locked up but all 3 tellers were inside. No drivethru and the ATM won't take deposits. We drove to the next closest and it was closed too. Probably 15 cars in the drivethru line. No biggie. Wife just wanted to make a deposit and I have plenty of cash on hand.

Yup, my podunk USBank was locked up but all 3 tellers were inside. No drivethru and the ATM won't take deposits. We drove to the next closest and it was closed too. Probably 15 cars in the drivethru line. No biggie. Wife just wanted to make a deposit and I have plenty of cash on hand.

They tell us not too panic and not to pull cash out then they close the banks?

Banking is still dreamed a necessity so it hasn't closed, yet!

I have a ton of buddies in the industry, they are all super busy getting the drive up lanes most of the banks don't use, up and running.

Last Thursday, I went to pull out a little cash for a fishing boat we were going to purchase. I overheard the teller quietly ask the bank manager, "If they close the branch, will we have to use our vacation days?" Which prompted me to drive to the next nearest branch and pull out another chunk of cash. I got paid last night, so I went and took that out as well, but they were only letting 3 people in at a time. This was US Bank as well, but it looked like the same thing going on over at WF.

If banks start closing and people lose access to their money.

I'd think this thing would officially kick off some form of actual chaos.

Yes, but with a debit card, you can only get $300/day, at least with my account.

I like to have pettycash for small purchases, but I cant imagine spending $300 in cash purchases any given day especially when debit cards purchase the same as visa cards.

I'm not certain what the concern here is? I don't think anyone wont have full access to their bank thru this pandemic crisis. Different access perhaps, but we can get to our money anytime.

Thanks on the heads up about banks closing lobbies and such.

My mom has a bunch to do that we couldn't get to. Will advise her, and see what we can get done over the phone, or what can wait until next I'm out.

Joint accounts M&D, just removing my dad & adding me. But in the meantime she still will have access for all.

As to safe deposit box, we couldn't find the keys to the new bigger box. Moved it within the last year...ugh. So we will have to have that one popped by a locksmith next I'm out.

You may find out the hard way what your daily card limits are. I bought a vehicle with my card and was denied. I called the bank to verify who I was and they said I answered my high school and past address wrong. Hard to argue with an automated system.

If banks start closing and people lose access to their money.

I'd think this thing would officially kick off some form of actual chaos.

What the heck, as if all the debit and credit cards would magically evaporate into thin air at the same time. Even welfare funds are distributed with a plastic card.

Nope, no worries about not having access to cash for a temporary time. If they cancel all those welfare cards and people used to getting free stuff aren't getting their free stuff, batting down the hatches.

Edit: It's easy with credit cards to spend more than most people make in an entire year, and business are happy to let you swipe them to buy things.

Yes, but with a debit card, you can only get $300/day, at least with my account.

That depends on your bank and if you've requested a higher limit. My Chase limit used to be $500 but I had them raise it to $1000. However, I think there is a $3000 a day purchase limit unless you withdraw from the bank in person or talk to customer service about what you are doing. The idea is to prevent identity thieves from emptying out your account.

Two weeks ago I went to my bank and took out a small chunk. I asked for 5s, 10s, 20s, and some 100s.
Once they have their bank holiday, I am not gonna wait in long lines to the ATM. Those ATMs can only hold so much cash. You saw how people were going nuts over TP, you think I wanna wait in line with those idiots? Lol

suitcase-full-of-money1.jpg
Eeee……. Money is dirty. Wash it. And your hands too.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS.....https://www.foxnews.com/world/busin...-asking-customers-to-use-credit-debit-cards

We have 3 banks in town. Umpqua bank was letting one person in at a time, drive up was open.
Riverview bank was open but had computer problems, debit cards did not work.
The third bank I never checked.

We had several customers that tried to pay with debit and were declined.

My partner in another business tried to make a large purchase with debit, was declined.
He called bank to get limit raised and was told no, they could not do it.
So I guess Monday we will put it on credit card.

We paid employees at noon today, so they would have a chance at the bank.

Where this is going, who knows.

I was told years ago that ANY of your money that is in some bank, (doesn't really matter which one) is NOT YOUR MONEY. It is the banks money. Savings. Checking. Even cash stashed in your paid for RENTED safe deposit box inside the vault is not really your own money. Remember who has it.

If you can, while you can, like already said before me better, NOW might be the time to pull out some cash. But ... this may start a run on our banks. Not good? Dunno that. Bank doors have locks for a reason. ATM machines do not have endless cash. A couple of good debit cards might be a good idea also.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top