JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What would you do?

• Ship back the noodles on your own dollar, hope Midway actually sends your ammo this time

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Have Visa void the transaction, keep the Readywise bucket

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Ship Midway USA a box full of dog poop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, can you show me that? I doubt you can show me Midway's contract, but if you can show me some "standard" contract, that would be something at least.
Dude if you do not believe how the Terms of Service (TOS) works when you sign up to take plastic great. Make it whatever you want it to be. I do not own a piece of Midway so I have no dog in this fight. As for the OP? If he decides to make Midway make him whole again? That again means nothing to me as I have no dog in that fight either. Unless something has changed that I did not keep up with the OP can have the bank give him his money back and they will let him keep what Midway sent if they do not offer to pay to get it back. I have not been playing in retail for a while so it is possible the TOS has been changed. If so OP will certainly find out if he tries to do a charge back and the bank says no to him. Plastic has always had some amazing good protection here in the US. Its so good I have long figured there has got to be some abuse of the system that banks and retailers have to eat. :s0092:

I won't go into my reasons for never dealing with midway again.

Midway is the worst retailer I have ever dealt with. The customer service sucks. The shipping department is terrible.

Never again. There are much better folks to deal with in the world.
Now that does kind of surprise me. I started dealing with them back in the 70's I think it was? Back when they used to send paper catalogs? I shopped with them so much before Algore made the web that the Wife bought me a Fax machine for Christmas one year to make ordering easier. I remember years ago they went from free shipping to buyer paying for shipping which caused a LOT of grumbling. I said back then nothing is free, we were paying for the shipping one way or another. I can't remember ever having a problem with an order from them other than them using the damn Smart Post from UPS. I don't like that only because its slower. In any case its not like there is not a TON of choices these days for most anything they sell. Just surprised to hear someone got really bad service out of them. :s0092:

Yeah I wish I had been that guy.
Back before the web Harbor Freight did this to me one time. Back when I would call in orders. I ordered something, not much. Weeks later this HUGE box shows up. It was my items plus a Makita battery circular Saw, one of their cordless drills, couple extra batteries, charger the whole works. I tried to call their customer service to get a return and got a HUGE run around till I got mad and hung up. Never heard back so I enjoyed those nice free tools for many years. If Midway did send your ammo to the person who ordered the food they may very well not say a word. :D

Take pictures of EVERYTHING that came in and on (labels etc) the box. Is there a shipping receipt in there? With your name on it? If you ordered it online you should have an emailed receipt from them in your inbox. What does that say? Noodles or ammo?
If they are saying that they cannot accept returns of ammo, I get that. But that is them saying that you DID ORDER ammo. But if the email says you ordered ammo have them prove to you that you purchased noodles from them. Have them send you a copy of your order where you ordered the noodles.
But I would contact your credit card company and dispute the bill. Ask that they withhold the charge to you and the payment to Midway while it gets worked out. That is your right no matter the end result. Ask that all correspondence be by email and save it all (even from the CC company). You are not accusing them of 'cheating' you, just wanting what you ordered and paid for. A mistake has been made somewhere (wrong shipping sticker placed on the wrong box maybe?)
And I agree that you don't return the noodles until they send a pre-paid shipping label. May just tell you to keep it.
Good luck.

Now that does kind of surprise me. I started dealing with them back in the 70's I think it was? Back when they used to send paper catalogs? I shopped with them so much before Algore made the web that the Wife bought me a Fax machine for Christmas one year to make ordering easier. I remember years ago they went from free shipping to buyer paying for shipping which caused a LOT of grumbling. I said back then nothing is free, we were paying for the shipping one way or another. I can't remember ever having a problem with an order from them other than them using the damn Smart Post from UPS. I don't like that only because its slower. In any case its not like there is not a TON of choices these days for most anything they sell. Just surprised to hear someone got really bad service out of them. :s0092:

Paying for shipping doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when I order a set of dies. That come in a blow molded plastic box. The box they are supposed to be is wide open and the dies have been banging around during transit with zero packing material in the cardboard shipping box. Plus they look used upon arrival.
Customer service doesn't understand why I am pissed. Won't issue a refund in less than 30 days. When refund is issued its not an entire refund because they claim they received them in used condition.
When I call to get my full refund they claim they have no record of my first call explaining the circumstances and my unhappiness.
My card gets my full refund for me.

I know stuff happens.
So I gave them a second chance and got burned by them when they showed something as in stock. But wasn't. Promised it would be in w/in 7 days and would ship out overnight service when it arrived to make up for their error. 30 days later I had to cancel the order. They tried to charge me a cancelation fee.
I had to let my card get my cancelation fee back from them.

Good luck shopping with them.
F**k Larry Potterfield and his piss poor company.

What bothers me is when I order a set of dies. That come in a blow molded plastic box. The box they are supposed to be is wide open and the dies have been banging around during transit with zero packing material in the cardboard shipping box. Plus they look used upon arrival.
Customer service doesn't understand why I am pissed. Won't issue a refund in less than 30 days. When refund is issued its not an entire refund because they claim they received them in used condition.
When I call to get my full refund they claim they have no record of my first call explaining the circumstances and my unhappiness.

I know stuff happens.
So I gave them a second chance and got burned by them when they showed something as in stock. But wasn't. Promised it would be in w/in 7 days and would ship out overnight service when it arrived to make up for their error. 30 days later I had to cancel the order. They tried to charge me a cancelation fee.

All makes sense to me. I have always believed that CS is door to future business, or a block to success, for a company. But there is no shortage of someplace to buy gun parts these days.
But the OP has a case and will have to figure it all out. Frustrating for sure, but anger and any voice raising will just make CS more recalcitrant to deal w him. We've all had these fights in our time.

I know stuff happens.

Damn, I can see why they lost you then. That would certainly do it for me for life. Places like this can't treat people like that any more. There is just too many choices in places to buy what they sell to do that.

Dude if you do not believe how the Terms of Service (TOS) works when you sign up to take plastic great. Make it whatever you want it to be. I do not own a piece of Midway so I have no dog in this fight. As for the OP? If he decides to make Midway make him whole again? That again means nothing to me as I have no dog in that fight either. Unless something has changed that I did not keep up with the OP can have the bank give him his money back and they will let him keep what Midway sent if they do not offer to pay to get it back. I have not been playing in retail for a while so it is possible the TOS has been changed. If so OP will certainly find out if he tries to do a charge back and the bank says no to him. Plastic has always had some amazing good protection here in the US. Its so good I have long figured there has got to be some abuse of the system that banks and retailers have to eat. :s0092:
What I'm reading is no, you have zero proof. You should run for office. :s0140:

I was wondering if someone who ordered some emergency food got a case of ammo instead :D
I could just imagine........

A long line of blank boxes placed on a belt.......awaiting shipping labels.

One label gets lost, destroyed, whatever......

Some worker just figures to keep the line going.

Rrrrright.....without checking the contents or shipping manifest. Attaching a label to a box, then the next box and the next box, etc...... etc....

Yeah.....worried.....about the supply chain issues/delays and all that.

Laughter ensues as customers start to receive their packages.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I like the Ebay system of identifying what the return policy is for each item/auction.

I always choose "Seller pays return shipping".

But then again, you can't buy ammo on Ebay.

;)

I like the Ebay system of identifying what the return policy is for each item/auction.

I always choose "Seller pays return shipping".

But then again, you can't buy ammo on Ebay.

;)
Oh but would it not be fun to watch if they did allow it when there is a panic going on? Would be fun to watch.
It was during the time I was using Ebay that I learned the way credit cards worked. Ebay worked heavily with paypal. Paypal worked REALLY hard to get people paying to use a bank account for just this reason. If the buyer funded with a CC PP could make up all the rules it wanted, they had to follow what the CC terms were and they did not like that. :D

Oh but would it not be fun to watch if they did allow it when there is a panic going on? Would be fun to watch.
It was during the time I was using Ebay that I learned the way credit cards worked. Ebay worked heavily with paypal. Paypal worked REALLY hard to get people paying to use a bank account for just this reason. If the buyer funded with a CC PP could make up all the rules it wanted, they had to follow what the CC terms were and they did not like that. :D
Paypal USED to settle disputed transactions, then they stopped caring and just let ya get stiffed.

On Ebay, I sold some scuba ankle weights and had to charge a bit for shipping. Then the gal that bought them gave me a negative rating for the transaction. She objected to paying $10 for the weights and $15 for shipping. I reminded her that the shipping price was listed prior to her hitting the "buy" button. She still wasn't happy. Sigh. :s0092:

Paypal USED to settle disputed transactions, then they stopped caring and just let ya get stiffed.

On Ebay, I sold some scuba ankle weights and had to charge a bit for shipping. Then the gal that bought them gave me a negative rating for the transaction. She objected to paying $10 for the weights and $15 for shipping. I reminded her that the shipping price was listed prior to her hitting the "buy" button. She still wasn't happy. Sigh. :s0092:
My Wife reads a LOT of reviews, mostly Amazon. She is forever telling me about the bizarre negative comments made by people. Some of them are actually quite funny since others can comment on the review to tell the person "here's your sign" kind of things :D

Should have sent her only one!

My Wife reads a LOT of reviews, mostly Amazon. She is forever telling me about the bizarre negative comments made by people. Some of them are actually quite funny since others can comment on the review to tell the person "here's your sign" kind of things :D
I've seen reviews for a hatchet sheath where they obviously put it on upside down and then complained that it didn't fit and sent it back and got a refund. More than one review, too.

I've seen reviews for a hatchet sheath where they obviously put it on upside down and then complained that it didn't fit and sent it back and got a refund. More than one review, too.
THAT is exactly what I am talking about. People gripe about the product because they were too stupid to figure out how to use it. Then others in the comments will point out to them that they are really just that stupid. While its funny at times it can also throw off the damn favorable so badly that they tend to mean nothing. So you have to read through some to see if the product actually works or not. Some item may have 1 star but then you read and find out it actually works. Its just bad reviews from idiots. :confused:

THAT is exactly what I am talking about. People gripe about the product because they were too stupid to figure out how to use it. Then others in the comments will point out to them that they are really just that stupid. While its funny at times it can also throw off the damn favorable so badly that they tend to mean nothing. So you have to read through some to see if the product actually works or not. Some item may have 1 star but then you read and find out it actually works. Its just bad reviews from idiots. :confused:
Exactly. I generally look for stuff with less than 10% 1-star reviews, but if it's close I read a bunch of the 1-star reviews. If they are mostly idiots, I feel safe. If they are mostly new reviews saying, "I bought this same thing last year and it was fine, but now it's crap" then I bail. If a product is just consistently bad it's probably going to have 3 or fewer stars. But like you said, not always.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews