JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll give a thumbs-up to the Toy Doctor, in Tualatin.
They specialize in Toyotas but service most makes (taking wife's Honda Pilot there tomorrow for rotors and pads).
Fair prices, they don't up-sell, and Danny communicates very clearly what is wrong, and what your options are for a repair.
I'd be curious to hear what you get soaked for rotors and pads? I did my own when the '05 CR-V came due. It's not technical. New rotors are probably cheaper than the time finding someone to turn them, IF, their turnable.

I'd be curious to hear what you get soaked for rotors and pads? I did my own when the '05 CR-V came due. It's not technical. New rotors are probably cheaper than the time finding someone to turn them, IF, their turnable.
I did both front and back pads, and front rotors on my wife's 2015 Highlander last year. Checked into turning rotors, and with the cost plus hassle (she drives a lot, didn't have the car sitting for too long) just elected to buy new ones.

I saved the old ones though, and had a shop that was rebuilding a set of cylinder heads for an older v8 engine for me turn the rotors as their price was reasonable. Set them aside in the shop for next time.

I think it cost me about $300-$400 for the front and back pads, and new rotors, all OEM parts from the dealer. Think the labor would have been an additional similar amount when I asked, so about double for the whole job. As you said, not too difficult if one is mechanically inclined and has the basic tools and time needed.

I think it cost me about $300-$400 for the front and back pads, and new rotors, all OEM parts from the dealer.
I went with mid-grade aftermarket pads and rotors. Well under the 3 C-note price. I kept the rear rotors too. Though I was getting a bit of shimmy braking at speed back after 15K or so. I don't abuse brakes.

I went with mid-grade aftermarket pads and rotors. Well under the 3 C-note price. I kept the rear rotors too. Though I was getting a bit of shimmy braking at speed back after 15K or so. I don't abuse brakes.
My wife's car had a subtle pulsing when applying the brakes ever since we purchased it used with about 25k miles some years back. Drives nice (so far) with the new front rotors. Left the rears alone, just swapped pads. They didn't look too bad, and don't take the wear that the fronts do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top