JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What would you do?

• Ship back the noodles on your own dollar, hope Midway actually sends your ammo this time

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Have Visa void the transaction, keep the Readywise bucket

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Ship Midway USA a box full of dog poop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
So I ordered $500 in ammo the other day from Midway USA. Shipped fairly quickly but when it arrived it was a much bigger box than expected, and much lighter.

I open it up and it's a Readywise Freeze Dried food bucket. Received wrong item.

I contact Midway USA and customer service says they cannot send me a return ship label for ammunition. I tell them I don't have ammunition, I have noodles. They say they cannot generate a return ship label for any order with ammunition. They need me to print a form, fill it out and place in the box. Then go to UPS and return ship them the Readywise bucket on my own dime. Once they receive the order, they'll ship my original order to me and refund my card for the price of return shipping.

That's right, they have $500 of my money, want me to spend more money to return the wrong crap they sent me. That's going to cost me some time I really don't have.

That's option 1.

The other option I'm considering is just having my CC company void the transaction. Keep the bucket of noodles unless they send me a return label. Go elsewhere for the ammo.

Sometimes it cost more to get an item returned than what they would make selling it. If it was an item of high dollar value then they would expect a return. They won't make the $12.50 off the food that it cost them in a return tag.

I agree that you need to cancel the credit card order then call them over what's next.

It may be an inconvenience but it's not that big of a deal. They have offered to reimburse you for the return. They are a pretty good company, so I'd comply with their request. It may be frustrating, but mistakes happen.

I have been a customer of Midway for a couple of decades now and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. Have you called customer service on the phone? I'm not sure if that will make a difference but they have been super helpful when I called with questions. The CS folks seem to be hunting/camping/gun people, not somebody 6000 miles away reading a script.

I'm very confident that if you ship that box back you'll get a refund. I'm also quite sure they will send you the correct order next time. Their shipping department has always been among the best in the industry in my experience, and I've ordered an awful lot of stuff online over the years.

So I ordered $500 in ammo the other day from Midway USA. Shipped fairly quickly but when it arrived it was a much bigger box than expected, and much lighter.

I open it up and it's a Readywise Freeze Dried food bucket. Received wrong item.

I contact Midway USA and customer service says they cannot send me a return ship label for ammunition. I tell them I don't have ammunition, I have noodles. They say they cannot generate a return ship label for any order with ammunition. They need me to print a form, fill it out and place in the box. Then go to UPS and return ship them the Readywise bucket on my own dime. Once they receive the order, they'll ship my original order to me and refund my card for the price of return shipping.

That's right, they have $500 of my money, want me to spend more money to return the wrong crap they sent me. That's going to cost me some time I really don't have.

That's option 1.

The other option I'm considering is just having my CC company void the transaction. Keep the bucket of noodles unless they send me a return label. Go elsewhere for the ammo.
Maybe not popular but here is what I would do. Go to bank who issued the card. Often can do this online now. Tell them you got wrong items, NOT what you paid for, seller is REFUSING to make it right. Bank will reverse the charge. Bank will tell seller if they want what they sent you back THEY have to pay. Seller knows this is how it works, it has been like this as long as they have been in business. After you get your money back they may suddenly remember how the rules work. Its not your fault someone there screwed up. I have been online shopping since LONG before Algore invented the net. I have only had to use the "nuclear" option a few times. Even had to do it with Amazon one time. Its why I tell people only pay with a Credit Card online.

1646444052979.png
1646444260908.png

Aloha, Mark

Maybe not popular but here is what I would do. Go to bank who issued the card. Often can do this online now. Tell them you got wrong items, NOT what you paid for, seller is REFUSING to make it right. Bank will reverse the charge. Bank will tell seller if they want what they sent you back THEY have to pay. Seller knows this is how it works, it has been like this as long as they have been in business. After you get your money back they may suddenly remember how the rules work. Its not your fault someone there screwed up. I have been online shopping since LONG before Algore invented the net. I have only had to use the "nuclear" option a few times. Even had to do it with Amazon one time. Its why I tell people only pay with a Credit Card online.
They have offered to make it right, and reimburse him for the return shipping. So I don't quite understand your response. He just finds the terms inconvenient. That's not the same as the seller refusing to make it right.

Now, if he returned the goods and they refused to reimburse him for the return shipping after telling him they would, then he'd have reason to complain to the bank. But I've never had a problem with Midway, so I don't see that happening.

ETA: Ammunition is generally not a returnable item, at least with the mail order companies I have experience with. Maybe that is why they will not provide a return shipping label. It could just be a system issue. All they are asking him to do is pay the return shipping up front. What's the big deal? He probably could have filled out the form and taken the box to UPS in the time it took to post the rant here. OP would have to return it one way or the other anyway.

Last Edited:
They have offered to make it right, and reimburse him for the return shipping. So I don't quite understand your response. He just finds the terms inconvenient. That's not the same as the seller refusing to make it right.
Midway as all sellers who choose to take bank cards sign agreements on how this is handled. They are violating that agreement and I am sure they know it. They are just hoping the buyer does not know. Seller sent item that was not what was paid for. Seller is responsible to pay up front for return of the item or buyer is free to keep it. That is the terms they agreed to. If they do not like them they can stop taking cards of course. All are free to do as they see fit here of course. I have been buying from Midway since the 70's or so. That does not mean I would do this any differently. They can follow the terms or I would keep the wrong item sent me and get my money back. If they want the stuff back they can send an RMA label by e-mail. If they did this for me I would slap label on and drop item off.

Midway as all sellers who choose to take bank cards sign agreements on how this is handled. They are violating that agreement and I am sure they know it. They are just hoping the buyer does not know. Seller sent item that was not what was paid for. Seller is responsible to pay up front for return of the item or buyer is free to keep it. That is the terms they agreed to. If they do not like them they can stop taking cards of course. All are free to do as they see fit here of course. I have been buying from Midway since the 70's or so. That does not mean I would do this any differently. They can follow the terms or I would keep the wrong item sent me and get my money back. If they want the stuff back they can send an RMA label by e-mail. If they did this for me I would slap label on and drop item off.
Can you show me in Midway's merchant account agreement where they are required to send an RMA? Because I don't think they are. All he has to do is ship the box back to them. I also don't understand what the big deal is. They're good for it. They have a great reputation for customer service. You're creating a crisis where none exists.

Can you show me in Midway's merchant account agreement where they are required to send an RMA? Because I don't think they are. All he has to do is ship the box back to them. I also don't understand what the big deal is. They're good for it. They have a great reputation for customer service. You're creating a crisis where none exists.
Unless something has changed that I did not know of ALL who want to take plastic agree to the same TOS. It does NOT say they have to send an RMA. It says they have to pay up front to get the item back if they screwed up. The choice is on the seller. They can just forfeit item if they do not want it but they CAN NOT require the buyer to pay to return it. How they pay to get it back is totally up to them, the seller. I mentioned the RMA because this is the cheapest and easiest way for them to do this now days. I am sure if anyone wants to find the TOS to accept bank cards it would not be too hard to find since so many sell stuff on line these days. My guess would be start with searching Mastercard and Visa terms. Anyone who does not believe Midway can keep his money unless he pays to send the wrong item back is welcome to believe that. The buyer can easily find out how it works if he chooses to let the bank handle this for him. When I shop online I pay, if the seller screws up I will drop the package off if they send the label. If the seller does not wish to do this? I will not go out of my way to fix their screw up. Others of course can do as they think best. :s0092:

Out of curiosity only, is this your first order with midway USA, or? Do you have an account set up too if multiple orders?

I only ask as I a curious if it is your first and only order, maybe they are being cautious. Not saying you are scamming Midway or anything, but if it was my company and $500 in ammo got misshipped I'd be checking a few more things before just sending the order again.

Out of curiosity only, is this your first order with midway USA, or? Do you have an account set up too if multiple orders?

I only ask as I a curious if it is your first and only order, maybe they are being cautious. Not saying you are scamming Midway or anything, but if it was my company and $500 in ammo got misshipped I'd be checking a few more things before just sending the order again.
I was wondering if someone who ordered some emergency food got a case of ammo instead :D

Unless something has changed that I did not know of ALL who want to take plastic agree to the same TOS. It does NOT say they have to send an RMA. It says they have to pay up front to get the item back if they screwed up. The choice is on the seller. They can just forfeit item if they do not want it but they CAN NOT require the buyer to pay to return it. How they pay to get it back is totally up to them, the seller. I mentioned the RMA because this is the cheapest and easiest way for them to do this now days. I am sure if anyone wants to find the TOS to accept bank cards it would not be too hard to find since so many sell stuff on line these days. My guess would be start with searching Mastercard and Visa terms. Anyone who does not believe Midway can keep his money unless he pays to send the wrong item back is welcome to believe that. The buyer can easily find out how it works if he chooses to let the bank handle this for him. When I shop online I pay, if the seller screws up I will drop the package off if they send the label. If the seller does not wish to do this? I will not go out of my way to fix their screw up. Others of course can do as they think best. :s0092:
Again, can you show me that? I doubt you can show me Midway's contract, but if you can show me some "standard" contract, that would be something at least.

I've ordered from them several times before. I've never been impressed by the cs.

They know they didn't ship me 500 rounds of 556, the weight on the shipping label is much less than that.

NOBODY needs a bucket of, "Assault Noodles!"

BAN dangerous ASSAULT NOODLES!

My God! Think of the children! :D

You may want to call and ask to speak to a manager and see if that gets you anywhere. The notion that they can't generate a shipping label for a bucket of noodles is just silly. That may be a restriction that's built into their computer system but I'd bet all the noodles in China that they have a way to override that if they need to. Whether they'll do that for you, however, is another question.

Keep in mind that if you decide to dispute the charge with your credit card company, they may refuse to do business with you in the future. If you're certain that you'll never need/want to buy something from them again, then maybe it doesn't matter. But if you want to continue shopping with them, then it may be better to just bite the bulle...err...noodles...and send it back.

I won't go into my reasons for never dealing with midway again.

Midway is the worst retailer I have ever dealt with. The customer service sucks. The shipping department is terrible.

Never again. There are much better folks to deal with in the world.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews