JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When it starts snowing, in Portland, I have seen people park their cars and just leave them, in a lane in the middle of the road. Why do people do this? And where do they go? Did the rapture happen?

I could understand that if you're not comfortable driving in the snow, find a parking space and get a lift home. But I'm seeing cars parked, when there is not even snow pack on the road or the road has been clear for a day already, parked in dangerous places in the middle of the road.

Anyone know why people do this?

When it starts snowing, in Portland, I have seen people park their cars and just leave them, in a lane in the middle of the road. Why do people do this? And where do they go? Did the rapture happen?

I could understand that if you're not comfortable driving in the snow, find a parking space and get a lift home. But I'm seeing cars parked, when there is not even snow pack on the road or the road has been clear for a day already, parked in dangerous places in the middle of the road.

Anyone know why people do this?
Gonna go out on a limb here:

Because they are flocking stupid?

Last Edited:
It isn't just cars. Two Tri-Met busses at the bottom of the hill on Glisan between 205 and 82nd Thursday morning. Both facing uphill, one against each curb. The one in the downhill lane blocking about half the lane. Cars sliding down the hill past it timing their descent so that they could slide into a gap in oncoming traffic as they neared the bus since it was into the lane a few feet. No driver, no hazard flashers, just a lump in the road.
At about 60th St., again on Glisan, a flatbed had slid into the side of a box van that was parked on the street. The flatbed abandoned in the RH lane, no lights, no flares, nothing. A few blocks farther west and a car is pulling out of a side street onto Glisan. Nope, just abandoned there, no one to be seen.

It isn't just cars. Two Tri-Met busses at the bottom of the hill on Glisan between 205 and 82nd Thursday morning. Both facing uphill, one against each curb. The one in the downhill lane blocking about half the lane. Cars sliding down the hill past it timing their descent so that they could slide into a gap in oncoming traffic as they neared the bus since it was into the lane a few feet. No driver, no hazard flashers, just a lump in the road.
At about 60th St., again on Glisan, a flatbed had slid into the side of a box van that was parked on the street. The flatbed abandoned in the RH lane, no lights, no flares, nothing. A few blocks farther west and a car is pulling out of a side street onto Glisan. Nope, just abandoned there, no one to be seen.
That's exactly what I was talking about. The city needs to change their towing policy.

Busses require heavy towing equipment, which will be in high demand in this kind of weather. Given the incompetence I've come to expect, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that your Tri-Met either has too few heavy wreckers or doesn't allow them out in hazardous conditions. :confused:

And as for the car drivers,

daily_picdump_4282_640_24.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews