JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone tried them?

microMend-620x349.png

Supposed to be like butterfly strips with the holding power of staples, but not require special tools or skill to apply them.

This is why I keep a swarm of soldier ants in my pocket.

At almost $20 for two strips, ants would be a LOT less expensive.

Personally, I am thinking other wound closure devices would be almost as effective, and as a last resort go to staples or even sutures. One of my neighbors is an eye surgeon and another is a nurse, so hopefully I would have someone with a bit of skill at wound treatment available if I could not get into town for medical treatment.

For the size of the cut pictured, I would have used super glue.

Im interested though. Do the have little pikes or something that dig into the skin?

For the size of the cut pictured, I would have used super glue.

I hear the glue can be painful when used on an open woulnd.

Do the have little pikes or something that dig into the skin?

I think so, but they say they are "painless".

3M has something similar, but they use "zip strips" to pull the skin together. About the same cost - $18 for 3 bandages.

I hear the glue can be painful when used on an open woulnd.

I think so, but they say they are "painless".

3M has something similar, but they use "zip strips" to pull the skin together. About the same cost - $18 for 3 bandages.
Super glue hurts, but it works. Probably saved my insurance at least 8k in sutures with $5 pack of little single use super glues. Hell, last weekend I changed my wife's new Tacomas oil for the first time and sliced my arm on the stupid engine guard I had to remove. Glued it back up in a pinch, it wasn't deep enough for stitches from my point of view, but it wasn't my first cut either. I usually save stitches for when I can see my muscle through the skin!

Super glue hurts, but it works. Probably saved my insurance at least 8k in sutures with $5 pack of little single use super glues. Hell, last weekend I changed my wife's new Tacomas oil for the first time and sliced my arm on the stupid engine guard I had to remove. Glued it back up in a pinch, it wasn't deep enough for stitches from my point of view, but it wasn't my first cut either. I usually save stitches for when I can see my muscle through the skin!
Liquid bandage works the same without the pain lol

Anyone tried them?

View attachment 793450

Supposed to be like butterfly strips with the holding power of staples, but not require special tools or skill to apply them.
Yes, I have used them, on my self in fact, hurt like hell, but then again, so did the cut I needed to stop bleeding so I could properly stitch it one handed!
They DO work well, especially in those types of situations, but they are spendy and kind of overkill, butterfly's and glue will pretty much do the same thing!

Liquid bandage works the same without the pain lol
I've tried this stuff. It stings good and well, but doesn't seem to hold up to super glue for deeper cuts. Minor cuts, a little if this stuff does the trick, as does a regular bandaid.

I've tried this stuff. It stings good and well, but doesn't seem to hold up to super glue for deeper cuts. Minor cuts, a little if this stuff does the trick, as does a regular bandaid.
I guess I used the name generically. I used a badass version that would stick you to the ceiling but it breathes. I'll dig it out tomorrow and get the brand for ya. I sealed a 3in long 1in deep gash on my arm and have just the smallest scar

I've used liquid bandage a lot but it's better for small cuts the keep dirt and grime out of not so mush to keep a good cut closed

Here is the real deal. I have a full field surgery kit with sutures and full tool set and a few of these. Along with my IFAK it's in my daily carry go bag.

When you see purple, and it doesn't bleed right away.
Or when the fat layer is peekin.

At almost $20 for two strips, ants would be a LOT less expensive.

Personally, I am thinking other wound closure devices would be almost as effective, and as a last resort go to staples or even sutures. One of my neighbors is an eye surgeon and another is a nurse, so hopefully I would have someone with a bit of skill at wound treatment available if I could not get into town for medical treatment.
I keep a couple single use staplers around 'just in case' and they were quite a lot less money IIRC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top