JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone should pack Mr. Moore up with a box of rocks and a big bag o'dicks and deport his arse . . .
oh, I saw this when I googled it- <broken link removed>

That looks like a new vehicle, something most law enforcement can't afford. Medford PD likely got their MRAP free of charge when the feds were giving them away.

Y'all have given this guy WAY more hits on google than he deserves.
The more you talk about him and put his name ,even just in this thread,make him more relevant.
Just like I said about that british POS,quit talking about him and using his name and he will go away

Here's an interesting read: "Are Cops Constitutional."

<broken link removed>

Cops are more entitled to personal protection than average citizens. In Medford, OR the cops have an MRAP and, I'm assuming, weapons that the average citizen can't obtain. If there is a threat in Medford requiring that type of response, then I better be getting some hazard pay for living here. I know that police prefer to be more prepared than those they might encounter, so why do I not have that same luxury?

Also, unfortunately it's a cop's job to enforce laws made by corrupt legislators. They will ease their minds by saying "I'm just doing my job," or be convinced that it's in the name of "justice." Sorry if any cops on here are offended, I know that you are probably in the business for noble reasons, but that's exactly what it is, a business. Legislators make laws=more criminals=Nice x-mas bonus for government employees. Funny how that works out for them.

I just can't think of a place in American society to which cops fit in among free people. I'd like all Americans to have to the "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" mentality, and police are just another factor promoting government-dependence with citizens.

Regardless of my opinion on the profession, as I know it won't go away, I still want the men/women in blue (and black, and multicam, etc...) to go home safe each day.

And with that, I conclude my rant.

This is no rant. And you should not feel, or be made to feel ashamed of what you have said.

You presented your premises, and you backed them up with validity and merit according to Roberts Rules of Order. That is not a rant, but rather a well stated point.

All too often, (and it happens to me with me with the mini novels that I post), the narrow minded and intellectually lacking will refer to anything that is more than a paragraph long as "a rant" or "tirade" because their feeble minds are unable to process too much written information (as well as the bigger social picture) at one time, even when the writing is well thought out and organized.

Good writings only become rants or tirades when they become purely emotional or aggressive, have no logical or factual basis, and are distinguishable in that they make no valid point.

All too often, those with eloquence and a mastery of the written and spoken word allow themselves to be pushed aside and trivialized by group stupidity.

Social issues are not solved with thought that consists of short quips that are lacking in objectivity, and lacking much more in intellect.

It takes time and work to analyze and assess (unless you're being shot at). We should be grateful that there are still people out there who still have the objectivity and ability to use logic, and then communicate it to others beyond the capacity of a sentence or two, or even a short paragraph.

It is unfortunate however that there are so many who lack the ability to grasp and comprehend beyond such limited communication and two dimensional thinking.

Micheal Moore may have the communication skills, but he, like so many others like him, is only out for himself (as is evidenced by his ever expanding waistline).

So, DBPEP you go ahead and stand by what you say, because it has validity and merit, and you speak for a greater good rather than just for yourself. And don't be apologetic by down grading your opinion to a mere "rant" or a "tirade". And never let others do it to you either, especially when they cannot even use the words in their proper context. Call them on their ignorance and bury them intellectually.

How is that for a "rant"?

All too often, those with eloquence and a mastery of the written and spoken word allow themselves to be pushed aside and trivialized by group stupidity

Oh so true around here, I find the comments on the sheeple amusing, as there are sheeple here too, just a little different than the sheeple they point fingers at, & lest we forget the personal attacks one gets if you should happen to think an an organization like the NRA isnt doing much but lining their pockets and they are not the same NRA of years gone by when you became a lifetime member....
I find this opinion tends to make some members feel insecure about their position and then they attack.......seriously calling us anti's or anti second amendment members because we have other opinions about whos best looking after our interests....really.....these myopic clowns divide our cause, when efforts can be concentrated on those organizations that are interested TRULY interested Oregonians rights...

god forbid we suggest something different than the resident mouth pieces have ingrained their limited intellectual resources...

hold your opinion ESPECIALLY when you know your right, how else can we educate the clowns

Finally, Michael Moore is intellectually honest and consistent. I am tired of L.E. carve-outs whenever there is an anti-gun measure. If a stupid law is good for the goose, it is good for the gander. Anti-gunners make the carve-outs to placate the sheeple who still believe police have a duty to protect us, trying to buy their ignorant support.

Here's an interesting read: "Are Cops Constitutional."

<broken link removed>

Cops are more entitled to personal protection than average citizens. In Medford, OR the cops have an MRAP and, I'm assuming, weapons that the average citizen can't obtain. If there is a threat in Medford requiring that type of response, then I better be getting some hazard pay for living here. I know that police prefer to be more prepared than those they might encounter, so why do I not have that same luxury?

Also, unfortunately it's a cop's job to enforce laws made by corrupt legislators. They will ease their minds by saying "I'm just doing my job," or be convinced that it's in the name of "justice." Sorry if any cops on here are offended, I know that you are probably in the business for noble reasons, but that's exactly what it is, a business. Legislators make laws=more criminals=Nice x-mas bonus for government employees. Funny how that works out for them.

I just can't think of a place in American society to which cops fit in among free people. I'd like all Americans to have to the "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" mentality, and police are just another factor promoting government-dependence with citizens.

Regardless of my opinion on the profession, as I know it won't go away, I still want the men/women in blue (and black, and multicam, etc...) to go home safe each day.

And with that, I conclude my rant.

You make a good point but I'd like the cops in Medford to have tanks and A10's if they would use them to stop the hoard of commiefornians streaming north!:) As far as MM goes if he doesn't like cops with guns why doesn't pack his fat arss up and move to England!!!

We need to send his fat ARS back to Canada. I'm thinking him, Justin Bieber back to Canada. Liam Neeson should be deported back to Ireland and idiots like Sean Penn... Heck I dont know what to do with that wacko nut. Gotta feel sorry for him getting dumped by Charlize Theron....................... I never understood what that total fox was doing with that turd.

I think that Mr Moore's statement deserves a reasoned and respectful response, so, I will quote Bugs Bunny!

"What a maroon!"

You make a good point but I'd like the cops in Medford to have tanks and A10's if they would use them to stop the hoard of commiefornians streaming north!:) As far as MM goes if he doesn't like cops with guns why doesn't pack his fat arss up and move to England!!!

Why give the tanks and A10s to the cops. Keep within the citizenry. I'm originally from the mean streets of Los Angeles, and we don't all fit in to such obtuse profiles.

Why give the tanks and A10s to the cops. Keep within the citizenry. I'm originally from the mean streets of Los Angeles, and we don't all fit in to such obtuse profiles.
I know not all from California are lefty wackos but far too many are. If you want to man the barricades to stop the hoards then that's great! I'm just tired of the wackos that have made Oregon (and specifically Portland) nothing like I remember growing up. Seems that every day there is something new that degrades the liveability of this beautiful state. :( Sad times

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top