JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The armor piercing rounds the Five Seven uses are not made or coated with teflon. The rounds are aluminum. Light weight and super fast and it goes through armor. Duh...

The "teflon" bullet is the KTW. It again was fast and lightweight being made of brass or copper I think and coated with teflon only to protect the gun's barrel from wear...

My TT-33 Tokarev penetrated both front and back panels of a class 2A vest. At least that is a fact and not a lie. If the antis want to ban guns, at least use facts...

They will not use facts as that would go against them. Facts have no place in the anti's world.

They rehashed every incorrect statement, debunked myth, and flat-out lie from 1993-2010 and crammed them all into one article, nice job!

Was the author the same person from MSNBC claming you could buy belt fed Ma Deuces over the counter no questions asked at your local gunshop?

This article p****d me off to the point that I called an oregonian editor to vent a bit- and I've never called a newspaper previously....we had a nice conversation regarding the 'facts' of the story and I followed up with an email...I actually received a reply and was quite surprised that my complaint had not been ignored. I especially liked the following line in the reply:

"I spoke to my bosses about the term 'cop-killer'. They agreed that the term is prejudicial and that we shouldn't be using it. They've told the copy editors (the folks who edit the stories and the write headlines) to strike it from stories and to use 'armor-piercing' to describe ammunition designed to penetrate protective bulletproof gear. If the term 'cop killer' appears in the paper again, you can be sure that the person who let it in will be hearing about it from the bosses".

...surprised the **** out've me that I was able to get to speak with anybody in the first place, more so that they seemed to take interest..I nearly crapped a brick when I received the reply above. so that's one bit of positive progress I never expected to make- getting the oregonian to agree to dropping at least one anti gun slander term (cop killer). maybe I should try to work on 'em a bit more about about the 'assault rifle term'...the editor had even contacted the story's author and run my statements by him, and his reply was included although he was far less open to admitting anything wrong with the story than the editor was...eventually I'll get around to posting the initial email and the reply as it might be interesting to some...I gotta say, I was very impressed with the customer service- the staff I spoke with was courterous and professional, and seems to have taken positive action regarding my objections to the story.....soooo, everybody here now owes me a beer & a box of ammo for this contribution lol...happy Thanksgiving, all!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top