JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can buy, (well I buy from bins at Winco), a pound of pintos for .89. If you have time and a potato masher. Sort/rinse 1 cup dry beans. I use a one quart sauce pan, cover with water plus 1" and simmer for 2 hours. Should be really soft by then. Drain what bean water you can and save to ad back to the beans as you mash them. I use a stainless bowl. Put the hot beans, with what ever water is left with them, in the pan and season. I use salt to taste, a little cumin, garlic powder, about a Tblsp lard +/-, about the same margarine, and I'll ad a couple teaspoons bacon grease. You don't really need any of that but the salt. All recipes I've read say "Ample Fat". I've had 'em with nothing but salt. Still good. Mash the heck out of those beans while hot. As they thicken up put some of the bean water back in. Mash the heck out of them. Make them a little runny. I always try to make 'em early enough that they sit on the stove at a low barely simmer for awhile A little too runny isn't a bad thing. Leaving the lid ajar for a short time thickens them quickly. Keep the left over bean water in case you get them a little too thick. :s0155:

Seems like work to me...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads