JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, the first guy in the car lot. He had no weapons at all.

Agree on doing everything possible to not use deadly force. Some of these scenarios are complicated though.
They really aren't that complicated. For example in this scenario….

Male and female go to their vehicle. Get in. Roll the windows up. Lock the doors. Call the cops.

If they start smashing windows to get to you then the situation just escalated.

This is a perfect scenario of egos/emotions going unchecked.

They really aren't that complicated. For example in this scenario….

Male and female go to their vehicle. Get in. Roll the windows up. Lock the doors. Call the cops.

If they start smashing windows to get to you then the situation just escalated.

This is a perfect scenario of egos/emotions going unchecked.
I hear ya although I think they did a lot to deescalate including trying to leave, ...which they were intentionally prevented.

I hear ya although I think they did a lot to deescalate including trying to leave, ...which they were intentionally prevented.
Wait for the cops. Explain the situation (calm/clear/concise non emotional). Give a description. If they leave give a vehicle description/plate. Relay the info that they have threatened you and have you boxed in and are not allowing you to leave even though you have tried to deescalate the situation. I would probably also disclose that you have a firearm and will use it if forced (that will get LE there I a timely manner).

More than likely they would catch charges. Whether they get persecuted is another story.

All that went out the window when a gun got pulled though.

Wait for the cops. Explain the situation (calm/clear/concise non emotional). Give a description. If they leave give a vehicle description/plate. Relay the info that they have threatened you and have you boxed in and are not allowing you to leave even though you have tried to deescalate the situation. I would probably also disclose that you have a firearm and will use it if forced (that will get LE there I a timely manner).

More than likely they would catch charges. Whether they get persecuted is another story.

All that went out the window when a gun got pulled though.
this is the part I agree with you. I agree this is what they should have done.
I just dont want to judge what should have happened, people are human and nobodys perfect. Its true we should strive to keep our emotions in check. But they tried, they did a lot to descalate the situation, they did try to leave. They were prevented, manipulated to think there was an impact, they got out to investigate when things went really sideways.
Im stopping there, its good to learn from situations, but the couple was not the problem here.

this is the part I agree with you. I agree this is what they should have done.
I just dont want to judge what should have happened, people are human and nobodys perfect. Its true we should strive to keep our emotions in check. But they tried, they did a lot to descalate the situation, they did try to leave. They were prevented, manipulated to think there was an impact, they got out to investigate when things went really sideways.
Im stopping there, its good to learn from situations, but the couple was not the problem here.
Sometimes it's best to just STFU and walk/run.

I'm curious why she didn't fire her gun?
Because self defense is no longer a thing in America. You think just because you can go to a gun store and buy something that justified use of force won't be prosecuted. I don't carry at all anymore. And why would I? To end up in jail on a murder charge or at best voluntary manslaughter. No thanks. Guns are worthless trash. Other than target shooting they are pointless to own in this day and age of nanny panny politics.

Because self defense is no longer a thing in America. You think just because you can go to a gun store and buy something that justified use of force won't be prosecuted. I don't carry at all anymore. And why would I? To end up in jail on a murder charge or at best voluntary manslaughter. No thanks. Guns are worthless trash. Other than target shooting they are pointless to own in this day and age of nanny panny politics.
Self defense is 100% still a thing. Just gotta cross your Ts and dot your Is. And know the laws and realities of the use of deadly force.

And know you will be in a financial pinch, possibly in jail, but you're still breathing.

At some point we will all need to have body cams and dash cams just to protect ourselves from false claims. Dash cams are very popular in Russia, where vehicle accident fraud is very common.

Choice is yours. The issue most of the time is that people go to a gun store to get a gun, take an extremely basic CHL class that gives them little or no guidance on the "when" they can use deadly force and call it good. We know less than 1% go any further with their training. I can't say why you would carry a gun but many of us know that they are tool of last resort and applicable for use in appropriate situations.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top