JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Life is full of little dramas each day.

Nah. Actually my life is pretty boring.except for the constant surprises via wife's dementia.

That shouldn't even be worthy of remembering. But sometimes they linger despite out efforts to forget them and move on.

I'll remember it because it was unusual. I shared it because I thought it was funny.

Often I'm lured into the drive through these days because of something special that they've advertised on TV. Which sometimes isn't on the drive-through bill-of-faire.

Yeah, I've long given up on trying to procur anything from a TV ad... the local franchises just don't comply. You see a great deal for a pastrami sandwich, you go and they say they're not doing it.

I like the hat idea. In the car. Not on the street, maybe, because as an elder they might think you have a gun on you and it's worth the risk of trying to roll you.
'

La Grande. If I were dumb enough to go to Potland or Couv, I wouldn't be provoking people by wearing a hat with a gun on it. :)

The situation of being inside your car offers a little extra safety. As prey, you aren't quite as vulnerable. The bad guys don't know for sure what you've got in there and you're a bit harder to get at.

Two of the real-life display of handgun incidents were done by the wife of one of my best friends when she regularly drove from Maryland into Washington DC. While in traffic, she used her horn, and guys came up and hassled her thru the side window... the last time her window was down and the guy smacked her in the face. Both times they were disuaded (sp) by her S&W Lightweight.

Frankly, I'd just be glad he didn't claim his back/neck hurt and forget about the rest. Especially since there likely was camera footage proving the tap. Some people are just sue happy and for that reason alone I stay WAYYYYY away from the person Infront of me in traffic

OK, so you ram the car in front of you... and he's the bad guy.

Ever hear of social distancing. :s0084:

OK, I'll play.....

I "RAMMED" the guy in front of me???? That's what you got from what I wrote? REALLY???

And just HOW did I make him out to be the BAD GUY??????? I wrote the he got mad and came at me. YOU are the one putting a judgement of BG on that, not me.

I SAID that I was sorry. That's not acceptance enough of responsibility for what happened? You want me to apologize to YOU too???

The entire point was that de-escalation doesn't always work! Thanx for the post showing that to be all too true!!!!!!

Just stop with the attitude please!!!

Frankly, I'd just be glad he didn't claim his back/neck hurt and forget about the rest. Especially since there likely was camera footage proving the tap. Some people are just sue happy and for that reason alone I stay WAYYYYY away from the person Infront of me in traffic

Yeah, I barely even felt it but knew I got lucky. I messed up and in an area where people are not as nice, it could have gone much worse.

OK, I'll play.....

I "RAMMED" the guy in front of me???? That's what you got from what I wrote? REALLY???

And just HOW did I make him out to be the BAD GUY??????? I wrote the he got mad and came at me. YOU are the one putting a judgement of BG on that, not me. Th

I SAID that I was sorry. That's not acceptance enough of responsibility for what happened? You want me to apologize to YOU too???

The entire point was that de-escalation doesn't always work! Thanx for the post showing that to be all too true!!!!!!

Just stop with the attitude please!!!

Your the one that posted that you ran into his car.

If you can't take a little ribbing ... :rolleyes:

Wow and I have the attitude?

Your the one that posted that you ran into his car.

If you can't take a little ribbing ... :rolleyes:

Wow and I have the attitude?

A little ribbing... nice try. IF that's true, you might try to give a little notice or flag it somehow, it seemed seriously outrageous to me....

;););););)

:p;):D

J/K

Last Edited:
The worst is getting behind a mom driving a minivan full of kids. You might as well just turn around; you know it's going to be a while.

Funny thing is, I've been in that van myself from time to time, ordering for my kids. My wife used to really take her time, asking each kid what they wanted, as they took their sweet time deciding and changing their minds multiple times. I established a drive-through rule fairly early on. They decide what they want before we get to the speaker to order, I (or my wife) order for them in a reasonably quick manner, and if something's not quite right or they change their mind- tough luck!

On another note, I sometimes wonder what's wrong with people who have such a short fuse that they come unglued at the smallest perceived slight. Especially on the roads in the relative anonymity of our own vehicles, so many people become real jerks behind the wheel.

So you tapped someone slightly with your bumper? If there was actual damage, then it's an insurance matter. If not, then a simple apology should be enough for anyone. Why do some people get so aggressive and short tempered on the road? Is it worse this year or always this bad?

My wife has a bad foot and just underwent her second surgery this year. A few days ago we were at a grocery store and as she parked the motorized cart, I got the car to pick her up at the curb. It took her an extra 5 seconds to get into the car, and someone behind us was ever so slightly inconvenienced as he had to turn his steering wheel slightly to go around us. As he did so he honked his horn at us. Whatever. Jerk. Merry Christmas to you too.

Some years back I spent some time in Taiwan. One thing I noticed there was the traffic: motorcycles everywhere, lots of trucks, some taxis and a few cars. They seemed to drive however they wanted, weaving in and out, cutting each other off. The interesting thing was how nobody seemed to get offended or angry. The taxi drivers were aggressive and tapped their horns a lot, as taxis do, but other than that it seemed to flow pretty smoothly. My wife picked me up at the airport when I got back, and on the way home I was telling her about this as we were merging onto I5. It was light traffic on a Sunday afternoon and we merged onto the interstate at 65mph. There was tons of room, but some jackwagon was flying along at about 85, and had to move into the fast lane as he went by us right after we merged. He laid on his horn because we inconvenienced him in the tiniest way. My wife and I just laughed. Yes, sometimes we Americans can really be entitled, spoiled brats. :)

Wifey tried their tacos once. Sounds like their meat comes in a big plastic bag and is spooged into the taco shell. With a nice half slice of some chees-like, processed, pasteurized substance with a cheese like color. :s0140:
But how does it taste? Apparently people ate soilent green for decades.

But how does it taste? Apparently people ate soilent green for decades.

I'M not gonna' try it! You try it! :p I think it's stoopid what places like "Taco Smell' charge for a taco. Yeah, they still taste good like they did way back, maybe 1962, when I had my first Taco Bell taco in long Beach Cali. I make my own for a fraction of the cost though. You try making home made "Refritos". After a couple/three times you'll never go back to canned. Carnitas, Enchiladas. I little more work, you own enchilada red sauce. It used to be mexican food was pretty cheap compared to other "Comfort Food". Not so much anymore.

Boy, we got real off topic I guess. :oops:

And women... always women. Can't know what they want to order before they get in line. IT'S MCDONALDS! THE MENU HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR 50 YEARS!!! Then they order enough for an army. But wait, lil Johnny in the back seat changed his mind. Oh, okay. Wait, lil Susie decided she wants a Caramel Machiatto. Ok, got it all? Wait, no pickles on that Quarter Pounder. Oh, and no onions. And an extra slice of cheese. And could you make the Fish Sandwich with Special Sauce instead of tartar sauce? Hey lady, I"LL give ya some "Special sauce"!!!

EXACTLY! Reading this makes my left eye twitch and I feel the blood going to my hands!

So, I have heard from friends and read accounts of attacks or robbery being stopped by the display of a weapon. The actual firing of the EDC firearm not always/rarely being necessary...

I had an interesting experience yesterday.

I was in the car food pickup line at our local McD, inside dining being probibited, wanting to get a McMuffin on the way to a follow up appt with my surgeon. As usually happens, I was unfortunate enough to get behind a person that just seemed to keep rambling on with the order taker inside. What on earth do people do, change their order 15 times or something??? When he was finally done ordering, he takes his sweet time moving only slightly ahead, instead of closing the gap so the car behind him, me, can get up to the order box.

I pulled ahead slowly, trying to gauge how close to the box I needed to be in order for the person inside to hear my order. Felt a slight thump. Ooops. I wasn't sure, but I thought maybe I had tapped the bumper of the guy in front of me. Guy looks in his mirror and gives me the stink eye... I look back at him and shrug, then put my hands up in the best "I'm an idiot old guy" gesture and give the best I'm sorry smile I can manage. Young guy in his late twenties or early thirties gets out of his car, a Subaru Outback, and goes to look at his bumper. Gives me a glare. Apparently it's not too bad cuz he's not asking for my insurance. I lean out my open window and ask "Did I bump you?" He says yes. I say I'm sorry (figuring any explanation is just going to make things worse). He says "WTF", balls up his fists and starts coming at my door.

My nice guy "Hey, I don't want any trouble with you" senile old man routine not working. Then he gets a good look at my ballcap. It has a 1911 on it. Says "Firestar", but no matter... he stops and moves back to his own car. Well dang, I guess I'm lucky it didn't go any further!!!

Was late for my appt too.

I really love wearing that hat!!

Sounds like had you been holding a pop-tart in your hand bitten into the shape of a gun, Subaru soy-boy would've shat his pants and filled his shoes....

:rolleyes::s0140:

Or debit card for a $1 drink. Pizzes me off that I have to put my card in the reader stuck out the window. And at BK they make me put my card in a plastic tray to give to them. They still have to touch it... then they give it back in the plastic bucket. Jeez!

McD revenue is up!! They laid off all the interior staff except cooks, etc, and the lines outside are long! At lunchtime I don't even bother. But yeah, you can't go to a restaurant any more, so what ya gonna do???

My waistline keeps expanding.
We have a debit card from our credit union that pays interest on our checking account balance up to 25k if we use the debit card twelve times a month. I use it for fast food if I'm away from home at lunchtime. We use the Costco CC for everything else because it pays a couple of percent on most purchases.

I personally have a had a few times I am quite sure a gun being seen stopped things. I am sure it happens a hell of a lot and is never reported. I did long ago actually pull on 2 clowns who tried to rob me with a knife in open daylight. They were easy to see high on something. I would give a lot to have been able to catch the look on the face of the one close to me when his brain got the message that I was pointing a gun at him. It was classic.
As to the "temperament" not sure what it is. Too many generations of kids raised to think the sun shines out of their butt I guess?? While back I posted a still of the clown who rolled his car after passing my wife going down a winding hill. Other night I am going to work going up that hill. Posted is 35, cautions on the curves are 15. I was going about 30 as roads were dry. Some guy passed me going up the hill around all those blind curves. If he had met someone else head on I guess I would have been loading the video from the dash cams for another Deputy out here to take with him. No doubt if that moron had hit someone he would have been screaming that it was all their fault too:confused:

EXACTLY! Reading this makes my left eye twitch and I feel the blood going to my hands!
RARELY go to the fast food. On top of how bad it is the line must be just as bad for me. People stand there staring at menu that as mentioned is pretty much the same last many decades, then when it's their turn suddenly start looking at it again trying to make up their damn mind.:mad:
Couple years ago one of the family noticed a little Mom& Pop stopNRob close to us that has a grill. Place looks almost scary on the outside but damn they make a great burger. We will have one often. You can call in the order so it's ready when you get there and the place is BUSY all the time. I can only eat about half an order of a burger and fries from them its so much. Cost about on par with the fast food joints and light years better tasting. If someoen had not told me about them I would never have stopped in there just from the way it looks outside.

RARELY go to the fast food. On top of how bad it is the line must be just as bad for me. People stand there staring at menu that as mentioned is pretty much the same last many decades, then when it's their turn suddenly start looking at it again trying to make up their damn mind.:mad:
Couple years ago one of the family noticed a little Mom& Pop stopNRob close to us that has a grill. Place looks almost scary on the outside but damn they make a great burger. We will have one often. You can call in the order so it's ready when you get there and the place is BUSY all the time. I can only eat about half an order of a burger and fries from them its so much. Cost about on par with the fast food joints and light years better tasting. If someoen had not told me about them I would never have stopped in there just from the way it looks outside.

I just happened to be by a place called "Frugals". It looked good. Long line. Right next to some other place called "Fox's".

I used to wear a face gator thing that was a Thin Blue Line theme. I also have a hat from Ford that was given out to police chiefs buying vehicles that says "Ford Police Vehicles" in gold with a badge on it.

I don't wear either when ordering food from a fast food place. Just saying...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top