JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After her tirade when I turned stone cold and she realized that the rapport was no longer there I offered her the option to stay and indicated I thought it was a bad idea for her to leave. I felt shock for days on the awful and radical disclosures. I did not call her. She sent an email two days later with her intent to stay bedside after surgery. She insisted in that email that she would take me to the hospital. My guts were disgusted with the angered resentment she had for firearms owners. No way in hell did I want to see her nor have her at my bedside in the hospital. I sent an email to her politely to stop any communication so I could ramp up for surgery. I told her she could no longer move into my house. I told her in email that I would call about 10 days post surgery and if recovered. She asked my son to collect her things from my house and these were delivered to her by my son..I doubt she did any research on FBI stats on homicide

IMO mountain women are the best. They are realistic, willing to hold up their own when it comes to work, tend to stay fit, and tend to stay true, and love the outdoors.

This Calif boy latched onto one 30yrs ago. Married my fishing/hunting/dancing partner. We've since lived a life well lived... together!!!

Home sick with post-operative pain.

Take any pain meds before the pain gets bad. Taper off as soon as you can. Best wishes for a speedy recovery in all ways!!!

Trying to salvage the 'unsalvageable' is an exercise in extreme pain and frustration - ..., but can be avoided when recognized...

This was truth for me! I walked away from the evil one about two months into the relationship... I was gone for two weeks and she lured me back with how she would change, do anything I wanted, and things would work out. Yeah they changed alright, right after we got married!!! ............................ Spent the next 10yrs in misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I think most who are really rabidly antigun/AR are not going to change sides when you prove that its easier to shoot (and kill people) with an AR than some other guns. Some are opposed to citizens using lethal force ever, even in self defense. And some are actually against citizens taking responsibility for their own safety even when there are no other options. And some, I think, are actually against citizens individually taking responsibility for anything important.

Rrrright. They're the type that love hearing it.......

I_m_From_The_Govt.jpg

Then again......a lot of them just love the "ism" and think that their own leaders won't be heading them to the "rest camps".

gun-supporters.jpg
If she voted for OBAMA.....that, was a warning sign.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Rrrright. They're the type that love hearing it.......

View attachment 619283

Then again......a lot of them just love the "ism" and think that their own leaders won't be heading them to the "rest camps".

View attachment 619288
If she voted for OBAMA.....that, was a warning sign.

Aloha, Mark

As an afterthought I was thinking that in the past the plan was to move her in the home, and provide some support for her as well. Then, after the dissolution of the relationship a week ago Saturday I then figured what I nut job I could have been, taking care of her, supporting her, sleeping with her and her voting to take away my gun rights. Just awful.

Having read through the entire thread over the last week and a half as it's been posted, it's my impression that the OP and his lady didn't know each other very well, with important things left unsaid on both sides, there was a drunken argument which probably wasn't really about guns (my impression is that most arguments aren't about what they seem to be about - he's about to have surgery, she's about to move in - there are a lot of back issues going on), the OP turned "stone cold" but still wanted her to stay the night - presumably for sex, she didn't want to, the OP gave his lady an ultimatum that leaving was a "very bad idea," she left but offered to take care of him during and after his surgery, the OP refused her offer and now the OP is pissed, disgusted, etc. and we have all of this drama.

Sorry, it doesn't add up for me.

I don't pretend to know what is other people's heads - especially online.

Throughout life I have learned that I fail miserably at understanding other people, especially over a short period of time.

I have also proven I suck at romantic relationships.

I can only relate how I feel about subjects and issues.

Having read through the entire thread over the last week and a half as it's been posted, it's my impression that the OP and his lady didn't know each other very well, with important things left unsaid on both sides, there was a drunken argument which probably wasn't really about guns (my impression is that most arguments aren't about what they seem to be about - he's about to have surgery, she's about to move in - there are a lot of back issues going on), the OP turned "stone cold" but still wanted her to stay the night - presumably for sex, she didn't want to, the OP gave his lady an ultimatum that leaving was a "very bad idea," she left but offered to take care of him during and after his surgery, the OP refused her offer and now the OP is pissed, disgusted, etc. and we have all of this drama.

Sorry, it doesn't add up for me.

Thanks for the detailed read. The relationship went south that Saturday because there was a radical shift in my perception of this lady especially about politics and firearms. And, she was a little bit loopy. And, no I was so turned off that night that I did not want to have a romantic sexual relationship with her that night, but I am sure she did. My disgust had to do with my shattered feelings going down the drain, that she emerged as a leftist, and all this happened about 6 days prior to surgery when I was going to rely on her assistance. The night before I took her to a very expensive dinner at the Chart House for $120 for doing some house sitting for me while I was out of town. As a thank you. That Friday, I tried to wrap up the move in [which she had opened up the conversation] because it did not make economic sense for her to live on her own and unemployed mostly this last 3 years or so. After that Saturday night I received an email saying we should respect our different politics and that she had notified me in advance not to discuss politics with her. I replied that I was in a state of shock, and because of that I did not want to have her around before or after my surgery. My gut was disgusted. And, yes, I did know her very well throughout the 5 years but for discussion on politics and firearms.

I too am 71 and I'm previously divorced, so I feel somewhat qualified to give some advice. Unfortunately, you are probably in a position to be the victim of a red flag complaint already. Those feelings of love and admiration on her part can quickly turn to hatred for you. Whatever you do from this point on, do not become emotional. Do not raise your voice or act out. If you want to try to work on this relationship invite her to a neutral site to sit down and calmly discuss your opposing positions. From this point forward you need to do your best impression of Spock from Star Trek. Logic only, and very little emotion. It's up to you whether you want to try to salvage the relationship. If you want to give it a try be very careful.

Thanks for the detailed read. The relationship went south that Saturday because there was a radical shift in my perception of this lady especially about politics and firearms. And, she was a little bit loopy. And, no I was so turned off that night that I did not want to have a romantic sexual relationship with her that night, but I am sure she did. My disgust had to do with my shattered feelings going down the drain, that she emerged as a leftist, and all this happened about 6 days prior to surgery when I was going to rely on her assistance. The night before I took her to a very expensive dinner at the Chart House for $120 for doing some house sitting for me while I was out of town. As a thank you. That Friday, I tried to wrap up the move in [which she had opened up the conversation] because it did not make economic sense for her to live on her own and unemployed mostly this last 3 years or so. After that Saturday night I received an email saying we should respect our different politics and that she had notified me in advance not to discuss politics with her. I replied that I was in a state of shock, and because of that I did not want to have her around before or after my surgery. My gut was disgusted. And, yes, I did know her very well throughout the 5 years but for discussion on politics and firearms.

This is blunt, not meant to be rude.

My biggest curiosity is that you seem to write as though you're experience is as a 15 or 20 years old and very inexperienced with dating, with women, and with the world. Apparently you're 71 or thereabouts. To be blunt, you're simply far too old to be so inexperienced with these things. You've literally wasted 5 years with a woman who you apparently didn't know very well. How in the world would you be in a position to have a woman literally move in with you, and you support her, if you have such diametrically opposite views on politics and guns???? Fundamental beliefs. I might expect that level of lack of curiosity or inquiry in a spontaneous teenager, or someone in his/her 20s. But 70s??!! No.

I'm in my 40s. I was spontaneous and dumb when I was younger. I wasn't fully developed in my beliefs, and continue to evolve. But for the things I do know about myself and am fairly rock solid (politics, guns, religion, etc.) I make darn sure by date number - say date 3 - my potential mate and I are on the same page with the foundational stuff.

Anyway, rest up and recover well from surgery. Say forever and ever good riddance to the bullet you dodged better late than never with the ticking time bomb of a woman ... IDGAF how hot she might have been; an anti-gun leftist unemployed rat is not welcome in my home, and certainly not as a life partner!

I too am 71 and I'm previously divorced, so I feel somewhat qualified to give some advice. Unfortunately, you are probably in a position to be the victim of a red flag complaint already. Those feelings of love and admiration on her part can quickly turn to hatred for you. Whatever you do from this point on, do not become emotional. Do not raise your voice or act out. If you want to try to work on this relationship invite her to a neutral site to sit down and calmly discuss your opposing positions. From this point forward you need to do your best impression of Spock from Star Trek. Logic only, and very little emotion. It's up to you whether you want to try to salvage the relationship. If you want to give it a try be very careful.

While I generally agree, I'd add that for the leftist anti-gunner there simply is no reconciliation at presumably the very late age or stage in life. A leftist brainwashed 20 year old with an open curious mind can be rehabilitated with being united with the Constitution, truth, etc. thru education and life experience. A middle-aged or late aged woman who has developed leftist nonsense ideas (probably voted for HIllary, Obama, etc.) is untrainable, nonredeemable, and unfix-able. And certainly not in modern society with risks associated (red flags, feminism, fake rape and assault accusations, domestic violence lautenberg, and so forth). She's simply damaged goods and the sooner the OP moves on (in his remaining years) the better for him. Time is not on his side to find a life partner. He doesn't have decades to waste exploring, like a teenager might. A bad move for him with an antigun leftist and it is entirely plausible he finds himself wrongly/falsely imprisoned, stripped of guns, kicked out of his own home, facing wrongful prosecution, disarmed, penniless and homeless....

The older you get, the easier it is to fall prey to those that might take advantage of you.
"Irish Traveler" women specialize in rendering elderly men especially, penniless and homeless in short order.
Watch yer topknots.

This is blunt, not meant to be rude.

My biggest curiosity is that you seem to write as though you're experience is as a 15 or 20 years old and very inexperienced with dating, with women, and with the world. Apparently you're 71 or thereabouts. To be blunt, you're simply far too old to be so inexperienced with these things. You've literally wasted 5 years with a woman who you apparently didn't know very well. How in the world would you be in a position to have a woman literally move in with you, and you support her, if you have such diametrically opposite views on politics and guns???? Fundamental beliefs. I might expect that level of lack of curiosity or inquiry in a spontaneous teenager, or someone in his/her 20s. But 70s??!! No.

I'm in my 40s. I was spontaneous and dumb when I was younger. I wasn't fully developed in my beliefs, and continue to evolve. But for the things I do know about myself and am fairly rock solid (politics, guns, religion, etc.) I make darn sure by date number - say date 3 - my potential mate and I are on the same page with the foundational stuff.

Anyway, rest up and recover well from surgery. Say forever and ever good riddance to the bullet you dodged better late than never with the ticking time bomb of a woman ... IDGAF how hot she might have been; an anti-gun leftist unemployed rat is not welcome in my home, and certainly not as a life partner!
Not to be rude, but are you still single?
Just wondering if you're offering advice as somebody who has a successful relationship or if you're still trying...

@tkdguy
You're going to give and take in a relationship, mostly give. That doesn't mean you have to settle for crazy, but you aren't going to agree on everything and probably would get bored with someone who is so submissive as to agree with you constantly.

My only point is, avoid crazy and anyone too sure of themselves that sees things as black or white. Sharing interests is important, but so is being able to have civil discourse and being able to argue without hatred festering.

Not to be rude, but are you still single?
Just wondering if you're offering advice as somebody who has a successful relationship or if you're still trying...

@tkdguy
You're going to give and take in a relationship, mostly give. That doesn't mean you have to settle for crazy, but you aren't going to agree on everything and probably would get bored with someone who is so submissive as to agree with you constantly.

My only point is, avoid crazy and anyone too sure of themselves that sees things as black or white. Sharing interests is important, but so is being able to have civil discourse and being able to argue without hatred festering.

Your "point" is a personal jab, and I'll answer. Yes, I'm single. And generally quite content with it.

Statistically between dating and marriage, nearly every relationship fails for everybody. I'd estimate that failure rate at north of 95%. So what is your "point?" Really?

The goal is to either be very happy on your own (which I am most of the time) or find someone to go the distance who - if and when things fail - won't soak you for a miserable time in the end.

We're not talking about a difference of opinion on diet or food choices. Chinese food or Italian? Eh, no big deal. Vegetarian or carnivore; a bit more difficult depending on the reasons, but do-able. No, we're talking about fundamental diametrically inconsistent life philosophy which is totally incompatible and no compromise allowed. One person must yield to the other forever. Guns or no guns. Freedom or servitude.

My being single is a stupid and irrelevant jab. I've had plenty of relationships. I could have some loser woman move in with me in 5 minutes if I offered to pay her way through life and she could rule over me and my possessions. Hardly and achievement, wouldn't you say, just to prove a point that I don't have to be single...?

Edited to add: When someone takes such a jab I tend to feel it necessary to state I've had dozens of serious girlfriends. I've left some, others have left me, and it's just life. People find lack of compatibility and move on.

Last Edited:
I'm sorry if you thought it was a jab, but so could be considered the majority of the statement I quoted, I was merely attempting to point out your authority on the matter of successful relationship building.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews