JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Threads like this one illustrate to me just how diverse the crowd is here, and how the perspectives and values differ among many...

Many of you all live in a very different world than I do; one I don't care to visit. I wish all the best to the OP, and I'm out...

Threads like this one illustrate to me just how diverse the crowd is here, and how the perspectives and values differ among many...

Many of you all live in a very different world than I do; one I don't care to visit. I wish all the best to the OP, and I'm out...
Indeed, some really don't give the bolt action rifle the credit it deserves.

If I found myself single again I would probably stay that way and "rent" rather than "buy" when it comes to romance.
Fine, if you're happy with her renting rather than buying too. And you use condoms with each other. And you don't expect the other to stick around in sickness or ill fortune or anything else that makes you a less convenient partner. And you don't plan to allow yourself to fall in love or care, even with good sex. Or are willing to settle for poor sex. Or prostitutes.

Before this all went down and south I had intended to purchase for her an expensive promise ring with the promise to take care of her if she would do that for me. That next step would have occurred if the move-in terms worked out, but the late to show awful liberal side of her personality just floored me. She sounded like one of these left wind liberal nut jobs. She admitted she get her information from TV, the news, and several net news stations. But, not research to check on their facts or claims. We did have some political discussion in the past, and I could see how narrow minded she was and rather than correcting her or suggesting some book reading to look at history, I just did not do so.

So you didn't handle the relationship perfectly. Who among us ever has? If our internal mental attitude is set on suspicious, we will see faults where there are only misunderstandings, and irreparable conflicts where there are only routine differences easily resolved by workable compromise. And trust itself is killed by suspicion. If our internal mental attitude is set on trusting and optimism by default unless there is strong reason otherwise, we risk being fooled, or accepting a situation until our nose is totally rubbed in the fact that we shouldn't. I'd rather be and be dealing with the latter.

What happens in Vegas stays there (with a full course of antibiotics).
oI9u_vqjKJnm.jpg

I'm sorry if you thought it was a jab, but so could be considered the majority of the statement I quoted, I was merely attempting to point out your authority on the matter of successful relationship building.

A boxer with 50 fights who is not currently engaged in a fight, is still an experienced boxer. Same thing. In 3 decades of dating, I've had my share of great relationships, unmemorable relationships, and terrible relationships. I know what I look for, what I am, what I want, what I don't want, and not to settle, and to be content and happy with myself and not rely on a woman to make me happy.

Plenty of experience building relationships, and cutting the cord with ones not worth pursuing, and also dealing with the loss of someone else cutting the cord.

A boxer with 50 fights who is not currently engaged in a fight, is still an experienced boxer. Same thing. In 3 decades of dating, I've had my share of great relationships, unmemorable relationships, and terrible relationships. I know what I look for, what I am, what I want, what I don't want, and not to settle, and to be content and happy with myself and not rely on a woman to make me happy.

Plenty of experience building relationships, and cutting the cord with ones not worth pursuing, and also dealing with the loss of someone else cutting the cord.

I'm an experienced boxer myself. I'm undefeated against the one eyed clown.

You can be experienced at something and still suck at it. Three decades is a long time, nothing's likely to change if you're only looking for the things you need.. Change you're mindset without losing your values and think about what you bring to the yard. :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews