JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a shame. On one hand, you have to know the laws. On the other, NY is crazy anti-gun, and they are out for blood. Why even go there in the first place? Certainly not for a job.

F*** the law. The DA wants to put that woman in jail for 3.5 years for exercising her Constitutional rights, possessing a tool, and harming absolutely no one. He is pure evil and the law used to justify his evil behavior should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

Disgusting. Poor lady. I'll never knowingly break any firearm law just because I know how ridiculous and scary things are; jail for a 15.75" barrel, that sort of thing.

As for NYC, as an Oregonian, I have heard all my life how rude and nasty New Yorkers are - I finally went there and found them the opposite. Nicest people ever, not kidding. Maybe it was just the area - Manhattan. I even commented about it as a convenience store in front of a few people that everyone was so nice and I had heard all my life they were pushy jerks.

They deserve better than the draconian laws they live under. But so do we, aka the Unpatriot Act.

I have to call "bonehead" on the woman, regardless my personal feelings about NY city gun laws.
What the hell was she thinking? This sort of thing only helps reinforce the notion that CCW holders are a bunch of morons who do not study the law or even have a clue.

I have to call "bonehead" on the woman, regardless my personal feelings about NY city gun laws.
What the hell was she thinking? This sort of thing only helps reinforce the notion that CCW holders are a bunch of morons who do not study the law or even have a clue.

That's not just CCW holders. In California, for example, people are being popped for illegal "assault weapon" possession for almost a decade now. It's just that often many citizens don't bother to connect with reality - "shall not infringed" is the only thing they go by.

I totally agree, a bonehead move. I'm sure she meant well but was too naive to think she would get in trouble for doing what she thought was the right thing. Welcome to New York! In situations like hers, concealed is concealed, end of story.

NYC is grade A liberal, A muslim crew can bring down the towers and the ACLU ran to there rescue, but don`t piss off the DA. For exercising your rights.. I think they target lawbiding citizens just to prove they`re not profiling..what a joke

NYC is grade A liberal, A muslim crew can bring down the towers and the ACLU ran to there rescue, but don`t piss off the DA. For exercising your rights.. I think they target lawbiding citizens just to prove they`re not profiling..what a joke

So it's okay to violate the law if you believe it's wrong, or if it goes against your political beliefs ?

Generally speaking, finger pointing is the last resort when there is no argument to be made.

So it's okay to violate the law if you believe it's wrong, or if it goes against your political beliefs ?

Sure it is, if you can make a coherent argument on why it's wrong based on natural, moral law. Of course you have to be prepared to deal with the violent coercive power of the state.

For example, when serving on a jury I will never vote to indict or convict anyone on drug, weapons or tax evasion charges... it's pretty much my only chance to defy the regime and get away with it.

It's frustrating to see her honesty and attempt to correct her mistake of carrying where she shouldn't have landed her in jail. If she wouldn't have said a word no one would have been the wiser.

Sure it is, if you can make a coherent argument on why it's wrong based on natural, moral law. Of course you have to be prepared to deal with the violent coercive power of the state.

For example, when serving on a jury I will never vote to indict or convict anyone on drug, weapons or tax evasion charges... it's pretty much my only chance to defy the regime and get away with it.

No sir, nobody is above the law. We are given a number of democratic methods to change the laws we disagree with, but until then, it is our obligation as citizens to obey them. And your example of jury nullification doesn't apply here.

No sir, nobody is above the law. We are given a number of democratic methods to change the laws we disagree with, but until then, it is our obligation as citizens to obey them. And your example of jury nullification doesn't apply here.

You can say "respect the law" all you want, but the truth is the law is sick and corrupted and your "democratic methods" have amounted to absolutely nothing in the past 100 years of government expansion and malfeasance. If those methods could actually change anything, they'd be illegal. They are nothing more than a sham to convince people they are free, when they are not.

My jury nullification example is perfectly valid; a courageous NYC jury should acquit her in the exact same fashion. But it won't happen because the law-and-order sheeple will duly convict her. She'll probably plea bargain due to DA intimidation.

Really, you can’t bring guns into the 9/11 Memorial?

A tourist from Tennessee waltzed into one of the most secure sites in the city — and politely asked a cop if she could check her weapon.

Instead, she was dragged out in cuffs.

Now, Meredith Graves, 39, is facing at least three years in prison for thinking New York’s gun laws are anything like those in the Bible Belt.

Graves, a fourth-year medical student, showed up at the memorial on Dec. 22 to pay her respects during a trip north for a job interview.

She didn’t realize that the loaded .32-caliber pistol in her purse would be a problem until she saw a sign at the site that read, “No guns allowed,” sources said.

GRAVES

“She remembered she had the gun on her,” a source said. She walked up to a security guard and said, “I have this gun. Where can I check it?”

The guard told her that she was in luck because of “law enforcement day” — and led her to another area.

When she got to that section, she asked another cop, “We have this gun — can we check it in here? We [my husband and I] are not law-enforcement.”

That’s when she was arrested.

Graves, who has a full legal carry permit in Tennessee, was locked up on a weapons-possession charge and held on $2,000 bond that she posted yesterday. She is due in court on March 19.

She’ll soon find out exactly how serious New York City is about illegal guns. The Manhattan DA’s Office is pursuing a conviction on felony gun possession — carrying a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years.

Tennessee gun owner arrested at 9/11 Memorial in New York for gun possession - NYPOST.com

Stupid is as stupid does. Know the law. Ignorance is no excuse. Whether you agree with the law or not is of no consequence.

This always cracks me up. 2A yahoos screaming about their gun rights yet when something like this happens all of a sudden its "how dare you go against the laws of NYC and try to protect yourself in one of the most dangerous cities in the world!"

I hope your job relocates you there and one dark and stormy night silly Sal and the bathhouse boys find you in an alley and tickle your tootsie roll you hypocrites.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top