JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can background check a trustee. My ARs are in a trust. A trust never dies, so no need to actually transfer the AR upon my death (grantor). The beneficiary can be changed from time to time. Currently it's my 3 yo daughter.

Any trustee can possess and use trust property, as its not a transfer...trustees are already a part owner of the trust property. Background checks are done on the individual at the time of purchase, in accordance with state and federal law.

im just wondering what happens to all of the people who own federally regulated suppressors if we cant have threaded barrels, brakes or flash hiders

I am thinking of setting up a trust for my adult son and myself. With all the new restrictions and registration requirements that may be coming my concern is if a so called assault weapon or magazine registered to me would require me to be present when it is used. If so, my son could not take it shooting without me. This is how NFA items are currently regulated without a trust.

Would a trust indemnify one from mandated registration or mandatory turn In?
What about suppressor not only as a separately held and stamped item, but regresterd under NFA requirements.
Same with SBRs, also stamped and regresterd under the NFA requirements!
I'm thinking the state may be overstepping quite a bit on Fed laws!

Any trustee can possess and use trust property, as its not a transfer...trustees are already a part owner of the trust property. Background checks are done on the individual at the time of purchase, in accordance with state and federal law.

^. This. (Though after the bureaucratic bullplop called 41F came about, NFA items transferred to a trustee no longer require background check at the time of pickup, as it was done during the NFA approval process.)

im just wondering what happens to all of the people who own federally regulated suppressors if we cant have threaded barrels, brakes or flash hiders

I think if you register your gun with threaded barrel, pass a background check, prove to the state police that you store your guns properly according to the rules they make up, pay all the fees required, and only possess it in the approved locations and for the approved activities, you can keep your gun with threaded barrel. Gotta do the same with your magazines also......

I think if you register your gun with threaded barrel, pass a background check, prove to the state police that you store your guns properly according to the rules they make up, pay all the fees required, and only possess it in the approved locations and for the approved activities, you can keep your gun with threaded barrel. Gotta do the same with your magazines also......

Or the antis behind this can all go collectively eat a bag of phallus's and we embrace the outlaw moniker and keep our unregistered guns. Unlike illegal immigramts the Democrats love, our guns were all legal prior to any enactment of new draconian BS, so if anything should be "undocumented" its the personal property of individual legal gun purchasers.

Or the antis behind this can all go collectively eat a bag of phallus's and we embrace the outlaw moniker and keep our unregistered guns. Unlike illegal immigramts the Democrats love, our guns were all legal prior to any enactment of new draconian BS, so if anything should be "undocumented" its the personal property of individual legal gun purchasers.

This...

The fact that people are trying to find ways around the law makes me feel like you're already accepting the harshest limitation of second amendment rights in the US today.

Trusts would be viewed as another loophole the left needs to close up to keep guns away from criminals.. and they'd be right because you'd be in criminal possession absent the trust. You'd also be saving your skin and selling out every future American that would exercise their right.

We owe it to our children not to setup trusts but to set these leftist Marxists straight in order to hand our children a functioning Republic as we've all been handed.

Protect your rights, not your individual property.

I'm not accepting. I read the M43 language and I don't see anything that applies to existing trust. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knew how a trust would work in that situation.

Given trusts are not addressed it'd either be strict interpretation that he who possesses the gun at the point the law goes into effect must register them in their name, or it will require litigation to settle that nuance.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews