JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't know, I just know that there are some GC bills working their way through the WA state legislature, right now that are the same as last year and the year before that are sponsored by the same folks. I'm pretty sure they mean it.

I agree with you. I was thinking more broadly but I see your point now and think you are right on the state level, especially here in the PNW.

As far as being a family. Well, truth be told, I have a bit of a hard time with the family vibe. Ask my actual family who is on the forum. Family isn't something I do terribly well. I'm kind of ornery.

Real families suck. (not to mean every last one) This family is pretty good though. There's a bunch of ornery here, it's part of what makes it interesting. Even the ornery deserves a certain amount of respect.

And as far as not knowing anything because your new? The only thing you don't know is the membership, and what kind of people the LARGE majority are.

Welcome to NWFA

."I DID however hear some things that were a bit disturbing specifically at about the 28 Minute point where she began to criticize gun shops using a lot of words and terms like 'judgemental, 'personal flaws', 'their nonsense', but this part spoke volumes, 'Until we change the meaning of like, Uh, what it means to be a gun owner and the values behind it'

Whoa, so am I hearing ? a part of 'cancel culture' here ?

'Until WE change the meaning' - who is 'WE' and what do they want to change? .
Bingo.
I gleaned/devined this sentiment just by reading the thumbnail title. I could also see with my eyeballs this "we" she was referring to. I feel I'm justified by my snap judgment(s) because we all were and continue to be judged "deplorable" and deserving of sanctions small and very large and grave because of our beliefs and values.

You think the gun community are judgmental of each other, try being a member of the aviation community! Talk about two classes! There are the normal folk, and then there are the self indulgent weiner's who think a couple million dollars is the entry point to their club!

So many new members lately that are seemingly incapable of self-restraint. In the Good old days, Trolls would at least put forth an effort to appear rational, for at least a couple hundred posts before the claws came out...
Lately, it seems like the new ones are often suffering from "Premature-Confrontation".

Indications of "Pre-Con";
- Acting like those clowns that like to burst into restaurants to scream and shout at folks they don't even know, and falsely accuse them of heinous things ....
- Now, imagine those same clowns telling everyone in that restaurant that they're also chewing incorrectly, drinking their coffee wrong and their kids are ugly...
- Then, those clowns get all whiny and butt-hurt when there's some entirely expected minor "push-back" for acting like a rude, stereotyping, judgemental, arrogant dipstick.

Not an effective way to gain acceptance and promote understanding is it?
- But, They think it is!

Scientists are now of the opinion that Pre-Con is a possible secondary mental infection that is a result of untreated cases of TDS being allowed to fester in a airless bubble.

Last Edited:
Theoretically to the point of video complaints; does anyone here think that a brick and mortar gun store squarely aimed at the "alternative " crowd would be successful? Location would be key, but besides that, any chance at all?
I think especially in portland it would be very successful. I think lots of LGBT people are very uncompfortable and think everyone in a gunstore is a Trumpster that wouldnt want them there.

Bingo.
I gleaned/devined this sentiment just by reading the thumbnail title. I could also see with my eyeballs this "we" she was referring to. I feel I'm justified by my snap judgment(s) because we all were and continue to be judged "deplorable" and deserving of sanctions small and very large and grave because of our beliefs and values.

You should watch the video so you can actually understand the argument and then defeat it with your knowledge.

This person Tacticool Girlfriend is a gun owner so the "we" in her video is obviously gun owners. When she is using "we" she means gun owners period. When you're using "we" you are clearly excluding her as part of that group. Why do you not consider her part of the gun owning community?

BTW, you're not getting called deplorable because of your guns or your belief in 2A — the people calling you deplorable in this instance are gun owners who think that you act so entitled that you will not respect other people enough to seriously listen to their point of view. Quit pretending you're the victim. You're not.

You should watch the video so you can actually understand the argument and then defeat it with your knowledge.

This person Tacticool Girlfriend is a gun owner so the "we" in her video is obviously gun owners. When she is using "we" she means gun owners period. When you're using "we" you are clearly excluding her as part of that group. Why do you not consider her part of the gun owning community?

BTW, you're not getting called deplorable because of your guns or your belief in 2A — the people calling you deplorable in this instance are gun owners who think that you act so entitled that you will not respect other people enough to seriously listen to their point of view. Quit pretending you're the victim. You're not.
No thanks, I don't click on clickbait nor respond to stankbait.

Theoretically to the point of video complaints; does anyone here think that a brick and mortar gun store squarely aimed at the "alternative " crowd would be successful? Location would be key, but besides that, any chance at all?

That's an interesting idea. Do you mean a gun store geared towards the "alternative" thinkers who are into Trump and Qanon? Or is the idea that we keep "regular" gun stores as hostile environments for large swaths of people that are not mall cops, KUIU jocks, or operator cosplayers while you send the gays somewhere else? What is "alternative" here?

For example, Keith's has a lot of blowhards work there but the clientele is pretty diverse, you can get anything from a $5k 1911 to a beat-to-hell plastic fantastic to a pre-Garcia Sako to a cheapo AR. I image that's why they do so much business. Prices are fair because they focus on volume and they'll get you anything you want.

I think especially in portland it would be very successful. I think lots of LGBT people are very uncompfortable and think everyone in a gunstore is a Trumpster that wouldnt want them there.

Dude you're on to something but have you pictured what happens when Trumpsters hear about this place? They're going to go in without masks on and "Well, actually..." everyone to death because they're buying Bersas and AK clones

ETA: In case it's not obvious, I'm joking in this post...

Last Edited:
Why do you not consider her part of the gun owning community?
I am NOT answering for Certaindeaf but for myself.

This 'Tacticool GF' said NOTHING that suggested she has any real 'practical' knowledge of guns.

Consider what she is saying at about 38 minutes - she is babbling almost incoherently with no sentence structure, or anything even relevant. Consider this she said, 'How to do all the things to do the shooting thing well' - Makes sense doesn't it ? Dang near sounds like AOC trying talk politics.

It is my belief she is a cheap 'shill' for someone trying to create an illusion there is a viable, 'counterculture' leftist gun market, and there may be but it ain't rockin' my boat.

That's an interesting idea. Do you mean a gun store geared towards the "alternative" thinkers who are into Trump and Qanon? Or is the idea that we keep "regular" gun stores as hostile environments for large swaths of people that are not mall cops, KUIU jocks, or operator cosplayers while you send the gays somewhere else? What is "alternative" here?

For example, Keith's has a lot of blowhards work there but the clientele is pretty diverse, you can get anything from a $5k 1911 to a beat-to-hell plastic fantastic to a pre-Garcia Sako to a cheapo AR. I image that's why they do so much business. Prices are fair because they focus on volume and they'll get you anything you want.
Alternative in quotes is maybe an inside joke that only I laugh at.
I also call out the "mainstream alternatives ".
Being an 80's kid-90's young adult I see the Anglo with dreads , multiple piercing, plastic toys glued to their cars crowd as self described alternative types. A lot of them are /were my friends and contemporaries. This is who I mean.

The younger generation looks to me very similar? But I don't know exactly how the millennial, emo, hipster, I'm unique even though all the people I hang out with look and dress and eat EXACTLY the way I do is currently choosing to identify.
Nothing in here is meant to be offensive or labely.
Peace.

I am NOT answering for Certaindeaf but for myself.

This 'Tacticool GF' said NOTHING that suggested she has any real 'practical' knowledge of guns.

Consider what she is saying at about 38 minutes - she is babbling almost incoherently with no sentence structure, or anything even relevant. Consider this she said, 'How to do all the things to do the shooting thing well' - Makes sense doesn't it ? Dang near sounds like AOC trying talk politics.

It is my belief she is a cheap 'shill' for someone trying to create an illusion there is a viable, 'counterculture' leftist gun market, and there may be but it ain't rockin' my boat.

I do think that there are cultural and generational particularities in how she speaks that tell anyone listening that she has a specific audience she's trying to call to — young, progressive, working people — and that register of speaking is extremely dry or even sarcastic, informal, but incredibly sophisticated. I wouldn't talk to my elders that way and I wouldn't speak that way generally myself unless I was making fun of someone, but she's no dummy and that type of speech is very in line with how young folks speak now. I think it's more that you are not her audience (nor am I). I think that's ok and I think it's ok that it ain't rocking your boat. I wouldn't say she's rocking my boat either, but I think some of her ideas are worth engaging with anyway.

It's more or less the same as what I've grown accustomed to my whole life. People don't like change, they prefer to see things as good or bad and can't find room in their narrow personal views for an honest, neutral defined different.
This is all sides , most groups ,and definitely not likely to ever change. As uncomfortable as this is to admit, prejudice is a very human thing to feel.
And if I may point out ; stereotypes wouldn't be offensive if they weren't so often accurate.

Alternative in quotes is maybe an inside joke that only I laugh at.
I also call out the "mainstream alternatives ".
Being an 80's kid-90's young adult I see the Anglo with dreads , multiple piercing, plastic toys glued to their cars crowd as self described alternative types. A lot of them are /were my friends and contemporaries. This is who I mean.

The younger generation looks to me very similar? But I don't know exactly how the millennial, emo, hipster, I'm unique even though all the people I hang out with look and dress and eat EXACTLY the way I do is currently choosing to identify.
Nothing in here is meant to be offensive or labely.
Peace.

I'm pretty sure I'm with ya here. I didn't mean to offend you and hope I did not. More the "I'm different just like everybody else" crowd. I could get behind a Hot Topic Guns!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top