JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So, every month, give or take, In Range TV posts a Q&A session, with questions posed by Patreon supporters and some others. I've, generally, found them interesting, though not as much as those on Forgotten Weapons. (And for that matter, Ian hasn't been on the last few, so not quite as engaging, at least to my interests.) The most recent one was with Karl and content creator I never heard of using the nom de plume Tacticool Girlfiend. The wince-inducing name aside, the conversation was somewhat interesting.

Anywho, one questioner asked, quote, "Do you think it's possible to meaningfully change gun ownership demographics to overcome all the morons with bad opinions out there?". While the phrasing of the question is lamentable, there is a real question in there, or more accurately, the two contributors had thought-provoking answers. The relevant video starts just after the ten-minute mark:

Your thoughts on how to reach a wider demographic? How to bring new gun owners into the pro-2A camp? Other thoughts?

This same issue has been raised on this site at least monthly over the last 12 months. Joe himself has asked this question more than once.

I try to appeal to everyone's sense of self preservation, and I mean everyone.
Unfortunately I see a lot of the current "change" in gun culture to be that of new gun owners acquiring firearms out of fear, and not out of joy for a hobby. Hopefully these people will come around and see the joy of gun ownership, and see guns as more than a weapon. Maybe this is not a popular point of view, but my guns are around for self defense as a secondary purpose. I also think people are a little "off" if they see a gun and immediately think of people dying and being killed.

Most days I feel like a true radical around here, with my "I think everyone has the right to keep and bear arms" attitude. The hypocrisy on this site rivals that in DC on the daily.

LOL....I fear that many of them will still vote for a candidate that is hell-bent on limiting or taking away gun rights. Just like there are many here who will willingly "compromise".

Aloha, Mark

Breaking up stereotypes and increasing demographic diversity remains one of the top priorities for the gun community. It will bring new problems with it, but it's going to overwrite many current ones we have with underrepresentation. When our very existence is threatened, I'd rather add as many people on as possible even if we disagree later on. Gun control is harder to pass when everyone is affected, and everyone is affected when everyone owns guns!

Breaking up stereotypes and increasing demographic diversity remains one of the top priorities for the gun community. It will bring new problems with it, but it's going to overwrite many current ones we have with underrepresentation. When our very existence is threatened, I'd rather add as many people on as possible even if we disagree later on. Gun control is harder to pass when everyone is affected, and everyone is affected when everyone owns guns!

I want to agree with this really bad. But then I do some net searching to find out what Tacticool Girlfriend really looks like and find all sorts of interviews talking about countering the "repulsive" demographics of "gun culture".

So, every month, give or take, In Range TV posts a Q&A session, with questions posed by Patreon supporters and some others. I've, generally, found them interesting, though not as much as those on Forgotten Weapons. (And for that matter, Ian hasn't been on the last few, so not quite as engaging, at least to my interests.) The most recent one was with Karl and content creator I never heard of using the nom de plume Tacticool Girlfiend. The wince-inducing name aside, the conversation was somewhat interesting.

Anywho, one questioner asked, quote, "Do you think it's possible to meaningfully change gun ownership demographics to overcome all the morons with bad opinions out there?". While the phrasing of the question is lamentable, there is a real question in there, or more accurately, the two contributors had thought-provoking answers. The relevant video starts just after the ten-minute mark:

Your thoughts on how to reach a wider demographic? How to bring new gun owners into the pro-2A camp? Other thoughts?
Yes. You can dress up as a skank wearing a choker and f'd me hair.. apparently. didn't click

Yea, when apple pie and Jesus Christ are stereotyped as un-American uh, no.

I admit, I clicked because I wanted to see if she was hot. Then she like, stated saying, like, like way to like... much. And I still don't know if she's hot :(

Thoughts:

1 - Define "pro-2A camp".

2 - Recently-new gun owners may be more pro-2A than most old gun owners. There are lots of old fudds - they are not as pro-2A as we need them to be.

3 - We are outnumbered. If ALL gun owners were in the gung-ho, pro-black-rifles, no-compromise pro-2A camp, we would still be outnumbered. Public schools, the media, Hollywood, many churches, Bloomberg-type groups, and many mass shootings have changed the majority of voters to be at least anti-black-rifles, pro UBC, etc. See Washington state and 1639. Only in some red states is that not true. Look at Georgia - they KNEW if they voted D, the country would go commie and they did it anyway.

4 - Can we increase our numbers? Maybe. Build indoor and outdoor shooting ranges around all major cities in the US and charge only what it costs to run them. Better yet, subsidize them somehow so they are really cheap to use. Build A LOT of them so people can actually get a slot to shoot without going a long way, etc. Then advertise them. Better find some pro-2A billionaires.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top