JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First thing to look at is mission...what is it?

Use the equipment a few times a year, or is it part of your job.

Kinda like tools...if ya twist wrenches for a living are ya gonna buy everything at Harbor Freight or something closer to Snap-on.

For the average user...probably not worth the expense.

I don't doubt the other units. The MAWL can be a bit overkill, I would say in most situations.

In the class we went out to 100 yards, and everything performed top notch.

At that distance, even a bit further I don't think most any unit will fail the shooter...most units have been around for years and have proved their worth.

Chuck and company will be back again next year with a different format.
Id
I guess if I had $3k to spend on an IR laser, I'd have the $5k to spend on NV for my cat too.
I would ask how many firearms do you have? And can a few be trades or sold to fund night vision. Often times people complain about the price of NVGs but the have multiple shotguns, rifles, and handguns that just collect dust.

Im not saying this is you but just something for people to think about. Have a 24hr gun or a few guns that can only be used during the day.

Id

I would ask how many firearms do you have? And can a few be trades or sold to fund night vision. Often times people complain about the price of NVGs but the have multiple shotguns, rifles, and handguns that just collect dust.

Im not saying this is you but just something for people to think about. Have a 24hr gun or a few guns that can only be used during the day.
I guess the subtlety of the humor missed the mark.

Here's a legit option..

Steiner viz laser, with white light and the KIJI IR. I think a very solid option.

Steiner1.jpg

Steiner2.jpg

On the back of the MAWL, to the left of the battery cap...there are 2 connector ports...first pic.

The top port is for A or button closest to the shooter. Bottom is for B or button closest to the muzzle.

Take the cable from the light tail cap and attach to which button you want white light...without having to use an extra switch on the rail.

View attachment 1072687

View attachment 1072688
I had not picked that up until your post, that changes things. :s0145:

Being primarily left-handed I put ergonomics high on the disire list, the MAWL delivered in spades.

The KIJI IR with a Perst 3 and a Surefire scout pro would be pretty slick. The only issue is tape switch computability. I know a few guys are having some success with splicing wires but that's about the only option.

View attachment 1073123
I had to make the wire between the MAWL and the SF light...so if ya need one done, or something like it...gotcha covered...no charge, just supply the plugs

So, all (poor) joking aside, is there something similar to this that us mere mortals can choke down?

I'm not going to war, but wouldn't mind getting a helmet setup for the PVS14 and using the laser to target coyotes coming after our livestock. That would probably be more versatile than having the NV on the rifle. This way I can still scan the area without pointing the rifle at everything.

So, all (poor) joking aside, is there something similar to this that us mere mortals can choke down?

I'm not going to war, but wouldn't mind getting a helmet setup for the PVS14 and using the laser to target coyotes coming after our livestock. That would probably be more versatile than having the NV on the rifle. This way I can still scan the area without pointing the rifle at everything.
NV is probably best for walking around, but a thermal scope would be your best bet for dropping a predator. Plus thermal can be used during both daylight and night. There are plenty of YouTube vids on the subject. Personally I have found shooting with NV and an IR LASER a bit awkward….probably because I'm not a Tier-1 operator….just a d00d living on a ranch with lots of coyotes and badger-badger-badgers running around

BTW…I have a ZenitCo Perst-4M gen.3 with IR & green, and this LASER is quite a bit more powerful than what one is 'allowed' to buy from the US mfg-erz…and it tends to bloom quite a bit with NV even at low power.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top