JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Added a MAWL to the night vision package. Nice to have 300 yard IR and Laser capabilities.

20201110_194321.jpg

20201110_201411.jpg

I do not have, nor have I tried a Perst 3.

For what I need, the mission dictates the gear. For the size, weight, and features...it compliments what I do.

B E Meyers makes a lot of military night vision gear...I'd rather buy American, especially from a company in the NW.

Last Edited:
Had a chance to test it against other makes this past July in a 2 day NVG class on my range.

I don't care what the specs say, the laser is solid out to 300+ yards and the IR is 2nd to none with PID easily out to 200+ yard under nods.

Get a group with MAWLs, and it's daylight.

I also like the option of running a cable from the MAWL to a white light, in this case a Modlite, so no extra switches needed. I use the integral buttons on MAWL..A for White/Viz laser, and B button for IR.

Makes running SBR easier, don't have to worry about having rail room for everything...it's very compact.

Had a chance to test it against other makes this past July in a 2 day NVG class on my range.

I don't care what the specs say, the laser is solid out to 300+ yards and the IR is 2nd to none with PID easily out to 200+ yard under nods.

Get a group with MAWLs, and it's daylight.

I also like the option of running a cable from the MAWL to a white light, in this case a Modlite, so no extra switches needed. I use the integral buttons on MAWL..A for White/Viz laser, and B button for IR.

Makes running SBR easier, don't have to worry about having rail room for everything...it's very compact.
Have not heard anybody connecting to white light....
More detail please..
Thanks

What do you recommend for a good nv setup?
You can order from TNVC and wait 26 weeks or so to get your product which I assume based upon their claims to be a superior device, or you can order from a place like Optics Planet and have it in a week or two.

With a PVS-14 you can carry it on a lanyard for scanning as required since it's small enough to keep in a pocket or around your neck with minimal encumbrance, or you can helmet mount it. To helmet mount you will need the following: (my preferences only)

1) Bump helmet...Team Wendy LTP Exfil

2) Helmet mount...Wilcox G24 mounts into the built in Helmet Shroud

3) J-Arm to mount the PVS14 into the Wilcox G24

4) Counterweight setup for the helmet to offset the weight of the NV

4) Mrs308 has the TRYBE Optics GEN 3 PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular Green Phosphor Pinnacle Tube, Charcoal, TRYBEPVS14G

5) Mr308 has the TRYBE Optics GEN 3 PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular, 64 to 72 lp/mm, 1x, White Phosphor Pinnacle Tube, Hand Selected, Charcoal, TRYBEPVS14W-HP

It's pretty expensive to go all out with the helmet setup, but we have quite a bit of property so we need the hands free while driving or riding around in the dark out here. If you are in town, I would probably go discreet and just use the NV on a lanyard, but I would highly recommend the White Phosphor over the green now that we have both and get the best GEN3 you can afford. I will say Mr308 is quite happy with the Green though.

Edited to add: The PVS14 has a built in IR illuminatior that works okay indoors or outdoors within maybe a dozen feet, so you might consider something that can be clipped on your coat/hat/helmet/vest...whatever to boost the illumination if you find yourself in complete blackness. The following is what we have and works good out to 100 ft or so. It has Red/Blue/White and IR at I believe 3 separate intensity levels if I remember correctly.

Last Edited:
On the back of the MAWL, to the left of the battery cap...there are 2 connector ports...first pic.

The top port is for A or button closest to the shooter. Bottom is for B or button closest to the muzzle.

Take the cable from the light tail cap and attach to which button you want white light...without having to use an extra switch on the rail.

20211118_103058.jpg

20211118_103141.jpg

I do not have, nor have I tried a Perst 3.

For what I need, the mission dictates the gear. For the size, weight, and features...it compliments what I do.

B E Meyers makes a lot of military night vision gear...I'd rather buy American, especially from a company in the NW.
I took it to the class you hosted with Bill and Chuck.
Another guy had a Class 3 Wilcox Raid X and I thought it held up to it just fine.

I took it to the class you hosted with Bill and Chuck.
Another guy had a Class 3 Wilcox Raid X and I thought it held up to it just fine.
I don't doubt the other units. The MAWL can be a bit overkill, I would say in most situations.

In the class we went out to 100 yards, and everything performed top notch.

At that distance, even a bit further I don't think most any unit will fail the shooter...most units have been around for years and have proved their worth.

Chuck and company will be back again next year with a different format.

I don't doubt the other units. The MAWL can be a bit overkill, I would say in most situations.

In the class we went out to 100 yards, and everything performed top notch.

At that distance, even a bit further I don't think most any unit will fail the shooter...most units have been around for years and have proved their worth.

Chuck and company will be back again next year with a different format.
Ment the Perst. Mawl is definitely solid. I think I will eventually get into one

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top