JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here have experience with this laser?

IMG_0065.png

IMG_0066.png

No, but that price is unreasonable unless it does something more than beam a green dot.

It looks sturdy (titanium), which is the main reason I'm considering getting one.

Do you know of other brands that are sturdy enough for use on a rifle, that don't cost a fortune?

They make an aluminum one for less. I'm sure it would hold up to most abuse.

The aluminum one can be bought for $350, and the titanium one for $400.
They're awful proud of them. I mean, cheapo amazon units can be had for like $40 and even a CT or a Viridian can be had for less. I will say in my Googling there aren't a ton of options specifically for a rifle. I have run several "pistol" lights on rifle rails throughout the years, namely X300s and although not as ideal they work fine. There are several light/laser combos out there for handguns that may fit your needs. Streamlight and Olight come to mind.

There are some pretty expensive IR laser units out there. I think I saw one for about 5 grand. But I'm just looking at visible lasers at the moment.

Eotech has this combined IR and visible unit:

IMG_0068.png

IMG_0069.png

I used a Holosun laser before I got my FP Peq , I'd say it was a little larger than I wanted was hanging off the top rail left and right quite a bit.
Had a nice textured button to activate the laser was nice. Had a cheap throw lever , did not care for it.
Had a extremely bright day laser , at night the IR laser was meh, most civilian lasers I have tried IR all throw the same size dot on the wall , once you try full power next to the -C model you can't go back.
Had a super cheap pressure pad , cord got all chewed up easily scratching on picatinny rails

That's all I got

70925735714__E3AAE6A6-C155-4A70-8387-E34A5DF716FB.jpeg

Mrgunsngear and WarriorPoet give a thumbs up to Holosun IR/visible and illuminator combo (model number?)

Because the Dbal A3? Has a parasitic battery drain that when left powered on will eat the battery even when not in use.

I used a Holosun laser before I got my FP Peq , I'd say it was a little larger than I wanted was hanging off the top rail left and right quite a bit.
Had a nice textured button to activate the laser was nice. Had a cheap throw lever , did not care for it.
Had a extremely bright day laser , at night the IR laser was meh, most civilian lasers I have tried IR all throw the same size dot on the wall , once you try full power next to the -C model you can't go back.
Had a super cheap pressure pad , cord got all chewed up easily scratching on picatinny rails

That's all I got

View attachment 1466604
What was wrong with the throw lever?

Holosun has an excellent reputation and their LAMs are considered among the best you can get. The youtuber Hoplopfheil has gone through the gamut of trying most of the civilian vis/IR laser modules on the market in an attempt to get a great setup for nightvision, and he considers the LS321 to be his recommendation for people to buy. This is up against military contract holders like Steiner, Zenitco, B.E. Meyers, etc.

That doesn't address the 117 specifically but it just goes to show that Holosun can typically stand up next to the best in the market.

From my anecdotal experience, I only have a few Holosun optics but they have been excellent, I don't have any first hand-experience with their lasers though.

Edit: People do generally say the aluminum models are plenty functional and durable for most use cases, but the titanium models usually have a smoother look (both in shape and matte finish) and give extra durability reassurance.

I put sixty buck solofish green laser which has a very powerful beam, It uses a magnetic contact wire to recharge. I set it for a parallel to the bore alignment instead of a predetermined spot like a scope. Since the infrared scope is most useful under 100 yards the bore parallel laser is pretty much always 1 and 1/2 inches from where ever I hit up to about 50 yards. I bought this particular one due to its power, diminutive size, and it had a short rail on its back to mount my supplement IR / white light combo by Inforce, which switches to either or by the flip of a switch. Man the white light is powerful. 1691432188061.png

I would personally get a perst before a Holosun at a whopping probably $800 bucks

Next I'd sell something I loved and add it with my Holosun money to get a dbal because that's where it's at

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top