JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw the headline earlier. Did not bother to read as its of course a pipe dream. When GOP had control they suddenly were no longer talking like this so sure as hell will not happen now. Would be great is some day enough people got fed up with this though and did push it through. Certainly not happening this time around.

To do that... you'd have to completely repeal the reasons the ATF continues to exist... namely NFA1934.. and GCA1968 as well as all pertinent US codes and amendments of newer gun laws, including the import laws.
Americas major cities could use a few open air gun markets they already have open air drug markets and farmers markets…. Im willing to roll those dice….
But seriously if the ATF wants to keep flip flopping on their own policies, we don't need them as a society.

Americas major cities could use a few open air gun markets they already have open air drug markets and farmers markets…. Im willing to roll those dice….
But seriously if the ATF wants to keep flip flopping on their own policies, we don't need them as a society.
If there's no gun/weapon laws for the ATF to enforce anymore, there's no reason they should continue to exist IMO. Just "abolishing " the ATF isn't enough, because Congress and DOJ will absolutely create a new Fed Agency/branch to "enforce" existing gun laws. Agreed with open air gun markets and a return to mail order handguns, over the counter MG/suppressor/SBR/SBS/AOW/DD Sales...

Imagine surplus shops having fully armed vehicles, weaponry for sale from the Pentagon surplusing, think of all the fun toys and such police could lawfully acquire along with citizens to fight back against cartels and gangs...

Feel good. Goes nowhere.

The laws and control of said laws will shift elsewhere. You have to make the reason for them cease to exist.

Still waiting for the HPA to pass. I'll probably turn gay before that happens.

'Yall are forgetting what the 'A', 'T' and 'E' stand for as well.

Sorry, but the ATF is way too entrenched in too many things to just disappear one day. As much as I'd love to see it, there's zero chance it happens.

It could, in that the "ATF" gets abolished but the DOJ forms a new Firearms and Explosives enforcement branch in the FBI or Homeland Security, and the DEA gets the Alcohol and Tobacco tax thing... :rolleyes: edit and let's be honest here... who would reasonably be for the abolishment of the FBI and DEA? :rolleyes:
Yea….. I'm not holding my breath.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads