JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
941 was a test. It was only a test to see rank and file.

Watch the next session for more restrictive bills.

What does "comply" mean?

Disclaimer;
I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice not is this an admission or omission of guilt.

941 was a test. It was only a test to see rank and file.

Watch the next session for more restrictive bills.

What does "comply" mean?

Disclaimer;
I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice not is this an admission or omission of guilt.

Damn right it's just a test. They've been trying to push for a gun bill to go through for a long time. Now they have a victory. If anyone believes that was all they wanted, they are sadly diluted. Now, as I understand it, no more new legislation can be entered this session, so the other two (945 and the Ivory bill), should be all we have left to fight for this round.

But the next session, you can damn well bet they'll be back with even more restrictions, guaranteed. That makes the recalls even more important, we need to scare them away from further legislation. If a couple of these recalls are successful, we may be able to swing enough votes to block them. Then, come the 2016 election, it's time to clean house. I can only hope that now that many more people wake up to the rights they just realized they lost, they will do a better job of paying attention to who their real enemies are and voting in 2016.

at least get the word out .. convince those unaware they're losing rights and that it matters. friends? neighbors? family members?

i've hosted a couple of bbq's last month and spread the word along with some free food and beer :)

Damn right it's just a test. They've been trying to push for a gun bill to go through for a long time. Now they have a victory. If anyone believes that was all they wanted, they are sadly deluded. Now, as I understand it, no more new legislation can be entered this session, so the other two (945 and the Ivory bill), should be all we have left to fight for this round.

But the next session, you can damn well bet they'll be back with even more restrictions, guaranteed. That makes the recalls even more important, we need to scare them away from further legislation. If a couple of these recalls are successful, we may be able to swing enough votes to block them. Then, come the 2016 election, it's time to clean house. I can only hope that now that many more people wake up to the rights they just realized they lost, they will do a better job of paying attention to who their real enemies are and voting in 2016.
FIFY and QFT

Honestly I searched on bing and came up with several sites that said the same thing but I couldn't find enough info that I am comfortable with. Any help would be appreciated.

So, I did a little checking/reading earlier this morning and I couldn't find anything in the base bill that identifies setting aside/dedicating 8 state police officers to the enforcement/revenue collection for SB941. It does mention the state police, but basically authorizes them to enforce it. No provision is made to fund those full time officers nor requires they dedicate officers to such enforcement. The state police are already strapped for resources and I seriously doubt they'll have the time to watch the entire state to try and find a few folks here and there that may violate it. I expect all their enforcement will be after the fact when a BGC comes up with a denial.

The Minority Report #1 presented on Monday did, however, offer an alternative to SB941 that would have funded 8 full time officers to enforce existing laws while tossing out SB941. Of course, it was rejected, on the claims that they didn't have the money, which was complete BS.

The text of SB941:

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB941/Introduced

The text of Minority Report #1:

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument?measureNumberWithPrefix=SB941&measureVersion=Minority Report No. 1 B-Engrossed

As far as I'm able to discover, these are the most up-to-date texts of these documents.

Last Edited:
all amendments were shot down in committee. The two minority reports were introduced on the floor to replace the bill; both were shot down on a party line vote. SB941 Enrolled https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB941/Enrolled is the bill on the Governor's desk

And even a quick glance over that one doesn't show me any provision for 8 full-time state troopers for enforcement. I really think that part was contained only in the minority report and was never part of the base bill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top