JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I didn't see this posted yet...

I find this a bit spooky, I mean, the guy was suspiciously watching cops outside the station for a month, and did have quite a few weapons with him, but the fact that he was charged with "attempted assault of a police officer" is a bit frightening. Nowhere does it say that this man acted against anyone, so how on Earth can someone be charged for something he "might" do? By the charge being "attempted," there certainly must be an action. Merely having a weapon does not qualify as an attempt, otherwise, any of us concealed (or open) carriers could be charged similarly simply because we are armed. At this time, the article doesn't specify why he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, so we could only guess, perhaps he's a felon already.

Anyways, I find this a bit concerning, despite the fact that this doesn't seem like a good dude. Nevertheless, we separate ourselves from totalitarianism because we do not punish people for what they "might do."

Man who watched Portland cops for months arrested after arsenal of weapons found in car, police say

Official Portland Police press release, still no mention of him having priors: Numerous Firearms Seized, 39-Year-Old Man Arrested Across from East Precinct (Photo)

More details, he describes himself as a "constitutionalist:" Weapons Seized From Man Accused of Stalking Police

The answer to this scenario seems pretty obvious.
  1. Don't loiter in front of a police station for extended periods of time
  2. Don't have all your tacticool crapoloa on or about your personage while doing #1
  3. Monitor your own behavior and ask if doing #1 and #2 is what a normal, high functioning individual might reasonably do on regular basis
  4. Mind your own business and deal with crap when it comes up in your face instead of creating some delusional fairy tale about what is going on after being spoon fed and influenced by the MSM/BLM and interWebs forum discussions.
:rolleyes:

The answer to this scenario seems pretty obvious.
  1. Don't loiter in front of a police station for extended periods of time
  2. Don't have all your tacticool crapoloa on or about your personage while doing #1
  3. Monitor your own behavior and ask if doing #1 and #2 is what a normal, high functioning individual might reasonably do on regular basis
  4. Mind your own business and deal with crap when it comes up in your face instead of creating some delusional fairy tale about what is going on after being spoon fed and influenced by the MSM/BLM and interWebs forum discussions.
:rolleyes:

Yes, but that isn't the point.

The picture on the news is pretty much what the cops would have found in my car yesterday on the way to, or from the range..... :confused:

Waiting or the same libtards who defend "Muslims" when 1 or 2 or 200,000 go around blowing people up and cutting off heads and remind me that I can't "group" them all together... to have the same mercy on the "constitutionalists" who this current idiot was supposedly affiliated with except he's white and that in itself is racist. So now more fodder for the radicals attacking my Glasden Flag I suppose...

I disagree. If the same guy was sitting in front of your house doing the same thing taking pictures of you, your wife and your kids, would you also say "nowhere does it say that this man acted against anyone"

Do you have evidence of conspiracy? And no, it isn't the same. Taking pictures of PUBLIC employees and taking pictures people in/on their private property are two different things.

Let's say you own guns and have expressed dissatisfaction with the government. Can you be arrested for attempted assault of _____?

Attempted assault: the term used when an attempt to cause harm to a person has been carried out.

Guns not used? No physical aggression? No attempt. No crime.

The picture on the news is pretty much what the cops would have found in my car yesterday on the way to, or from the range..... :confused:

I was going to say the same thing. I went to the range yesterday and on my way home had two hand guns, an AR, and probably close to 800 rounds of ammo in my trunk.

I'm all for stopping mayhem but I think this is a stretch. Yes ok to check this guys background, which I am sure they did. But nothing was mentioned in the story to warrant an arrest that I read.

Again media leads the way with loaded phrasing like, arsenal. Why not, American citizen illegally detained without cause?

That's a slow day at the range for me too. If anything gun ownership has made me a very good driver. I definitely dont want to get pulled over going to the range

image.cfm?i=96718&t=n&n=Crowl_Evidence.jpg

I am speaking about predatory behavior...or is that unclear?

His behavior has not led to any action either on his part or on the part of the police.
If they are concerned, they should get a stalking order and enforce it.
I think the guy is a creep and probably not up to any good....but I don't see
a legal reason to arrest him.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top