JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I fixed a large Fall Bear roast one time when we had a crowd over and everyone loved it, even after I told them what it was. No gamey taste at all and I didn't try to mask the flavor with spices.

Wow, I had it once and it was gamey and greasy. Hard to chew. Maybe it was the cook but he usually knocks it out of the park when it comes to exotic meat prep.

for what its worth, it turns out he broke no laws...

Ohio man who speared Canadian bear won't be charged

I'm glad to find out he was doing it legally, and thankfully the internet lynching doesn't seem to be working this time

The only thing I might have a problem with is that the kill is not very quick. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the bear ran and was either killed the next day or it was found the next day. Other than that I wouldn't have a problem at all if it was legal here. If you are crazy enough to attempt that against a bear or cougar then knock yourself out! Natural selection do your work..

I take no pleasure in the killing part of any hunt! I agree with Andy and MountainBear, this wasn't right! Like others, I do not enjoy watching videos of hunting and I really don't enjoy all the work that comes after the kill, but that's all part of hunting, so if I choose to hunt, I also choose to do every thing that goes with it! I also have no need to hunt to put food on the table, but I do like the meat!

upload_2016-8-24_9-17-23.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads