JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
true. If they did the same ad but for guys trying to make us think were training to be James Bond it would be just a stupid. And that gangsta sideways gun was just way over the top for a reputable firearms training facility to promote. I agree major marketing mistake, even gives the antis fuel...

Ya in today's times and what we fight on a daily basis doesn't make much sense to me. You would think a reputable company would know better.

I imagine that the marketing people are looking at their target audience and designing the adds to reflect that demographic.

Assuming they have used focus groups and test runs to gauge the add's effectiveness, reach and touch, and looking at the adds actor profile, we can assume that they are reaching their intended target. That appears to be a younger audience that seems to think that kind of gun handling is fine, as long as you look good doing it.

maybe their idea is to get them in the door then whip them in shape?

I doubt it. If their target audience is just a bunch of fantasy pretend tacticool minded people then they are going after the wrong crowd, self defense training in all disciplines has always been a serious endeavor and never taken lightly.

As far as training goes...there had been more than few WTH? "training" videos posted here on the forum...
So I do think that some "trainers" and or outfits do indeed cater to the wanna be "tacticool " crowd.
Like anything it pays to do your homework about who you train with and how you practice...
Andy

maybe their idea is to get them in the door then whip them in shape?

I doubt it. If their target audience is just a bunch of fantasy pretend tacticool minded people then they are going after the wrong crowd, self defense training in all disciplines has always been a serious endeavor and never taken lightly.

Which demographic or market segment is larger ?

The wannabe tacticool or the serious gun person ?

This is where some serious focus group work can help you out. But that costs money, and some of these business's don't want to spend that kind of money and just keep throwing sh*t marketing programs together.

Which demographic or market segment is larger ?

The wannabe tacticool or the serious gun person ?

This is where some serious focus group work can help you out. But that costs money, and some of these business's don't want to spend that kind of money and just keep throwing sh*t marketing programs together.

Well I can tell you this one thing with out a shadow of a doubt. The dumb azz demographic is by far the largest and I am sure that some reject has done a study on this to prove it!! :confused:o_O

They have a really nice facility. It doesn't really seem to me that thugs or gang bangers are the target audience. Definitely a younger crowd, but from their in store displays, they are more interested in high end customers.

Major advertising mistakes have happened. Even national major advertising. Anybody here remember the Charmin Toilet Paper add that ran in the greater Los Angeles Area for just several hours?

"Charmin. You get more. One thousand sheets in every roll". Or something like that. I will try to pull the canceled add off U-Tube. In the Latino Community sheets is an accented spoken English word.

Edited Extra: The only old TV commercial I can quickly find is about Scott toilet tissue and not Charmin. Either that commercial has been buried deep or I have the wrong toilet paper manufacture.

Last Edited:
chickenwhoville.jpg

They might just be stroking all possible markets. While I dislike a number of things about the ad, it probably sings to another demographic. Perhaps a group inclined to go there and spend money. 'Tis the season after all.

.I doubt it. If their target audience is just a bunch of fantasy pretend tacticool minded people then they are going after the wrong crowd, self defense training in all disciplines has always been a serious endeavor and never taken lightly.
Is that why the Secret Service etc. etc. never gets caught whooping it up at whorehouses and stuff?
check

looks like an add for women in their 20's or 30's who want to have fun but don't know how, so I doubt our opinions are very relevant.

I have a chuckle at every tactical whatever ad with some ripped dude looking all stoic, majestic and manly in nature somewhere, when in reality the product is for an overweight, middle aged bench shooter.

I'm not in marketing, so I would just pass over it and not think anything about it. Do note, the "immersive...." is completely invisible in the ad.
IMO it reflects the mind set of the owners, and to an extent, who they want to attract to their business.
A good database would tell exactly who spends how much and what the age demographic is.

While we may disagree with the ad image, I've taken classes there and they are certainly competent. Down in the store, they are definitely knowledgeable. I have never encountered any "fan boy" attitude there.

I was in a store a while ago, don't remember which one, and in line right behind me was and incredibly hot babe, everything in her clothing said CFM. What she was wearing, you didn't need any imagination for what she looked like in her birthday suit. She was joined in the line as I left by a dude who obviously spent a lot of time in the gym on his upper, not so much on the legs. Quick purchase, and they are literally walking out right behind me. Turns out they are parked next to me in a lifted, totally maxxed ORV that (to me) screams "off road wanna-bee". It has the ad's company name all over it. Yes, I made assumptions here.... I haven't visited them since that encounter.

Its a ad...someone thought it was a good idea...not me however.
Way back , when I was in school , I was taught that your sales ad reflects or attracts your target audience or buyer...
It sends a message about who you are and who you want to buy your product.
So to me this ad says :
"We want hip young people who handle firearms badly to buy our products and take our class... So we can take your money and you can still handle guns badly , but look cool and thug like ..."
It does not strike me as a place where I would go or send someone to learn anything...
Andy
@AndyinEverson , you're too sensible. The ad has L.A. plastered all over it. "Yo! Muthafuka! U wan' sum a 'dis?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top