JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been waiting for someone like Defoor, Aaron Cowan, Scott jedlinski, etc. to come anywhere near Portland-ish area but I see absolutely nothing.

Any killer pistol gurus coming around our area any time soon?

Aaron was just in CDA back in October. That's the closest I've seen him out here. Politics being what they are, I don't foresee many people traveling into the PNW for anyone as the laws make that more difficult for them than it is worth.

Hey @cerebrusgroup is Pressburg's class geared toward everyday Joe Shooters or more for police?
I see this asked regularly on other forums, much of it stems from this statement on Chuck's website:

The Presscheck No-Fail Pistol Course (2 Days) is designed to equip patrol and tactical officers with the skills to make high risk / high reward pistol shots in critical situations.

Despite that the class is open enrollment and suitable for "everyday Joe Shooters" although probably not the best class for a complete noob to cut their teeth on.

Wondering because I'm interested mainly in USPSA and shooting from concealed training
Not being sarcastic, but I don't see any difference in actual shooting from LE, civilian, competition etc.

Every shot no mater any of the above requires a solid grip, trigger press, sight alignment and sight picture. Taking it a step further, no difference in what position the body is in as well...all the above needs to happen consistently for every shot.

I do one on one training with several USPSA shooters and concealed carry people as well. Just had a private class on Monday with two guys wanting to get better with their presentation from concealment. So we worked with multiple layers of clothes along with different holster positions and a few different pistols and revolvers they carry.

Last Edited:
Not being sarcastic, but I don't see any difference in actual shooting from LE, civilian, competition etc.

Every shot no mater any of the above requires a solid grip, trigger press, sight alignment and sight picture. Taking it a step further, no difference in what position the body is in as well...all the above needs to happen consistently for every shot.

I do one on one training with several USPSA shooters and concealed carry people as well. Just had a private class on Monday with two guys wanting to get better with their presentation from concealment. So we worked with multiple layers of clothes along with different holster positions and a few different pistols and revolvers they carry.
Understood. Mechanics don't change. Either way, I'll be there ready to shoot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads