JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha, she tried to claim it was hers.
main.jpg

Good thing nobody went all " old testament "

If you saw someone yelling for their kids then attack someone holding 2 kids behind their back defending themselves which person would you intervene in support on their behalf?
Each person would have to make their own determination depending on their own judgment and what they witnessed at that time.

I totally agree.
I think it is a little more difficult for the very young and very old, they could use a little help from the rest of us.
But I agree with your comment.
I agree, but with the way that society is, unless it's completely clear for me, I will not be intervening.

I think most of us agree that law enforcement needs to be funded and have the political support that seems to be lacking. Portland and Seattle are examples of good cities that have declined because of choices made by politicians.
I recently sent an email to my three local politicians at the state level; one state senator and two state representatives. I encouraged them to support a bill currently being debated in Olympia that would allow law enforcement more leeway in choosing when to do vehicle pursuits.
Current laws allows many criminals to automatically get away in Washington State by simply driving faster and police must end the pursuit.
I only got a reply from one politician, and that was basically "thanks for contacting us ".

Your instincts are, and would be , morally correct.

Your regret after the situation went sideways would be intellectually correct.
Concise and true. The question is does the regret over doing nothing if the situation goes badly for the victims, trump the regret from your intervention going badly for you?

Sadly, I think the answer is no. I think the first regret diminishes over time as a mirror of the bell curve of the initial regret. The regret from a bad intervention is a lifelong gradual slope which never drops into irrelevance.

The opposite is true for family.

R.I.D.E.
Read the scene
Interpret the data
Decide on action
Execute

If your head is on a swivel you've already moved through 1 & 2.

I generally opt to help people - that is when I have gotten my fat arse out of my Commando Arm Chair.
However, in this instance, I practiced option #0 years ago - Stay the F out of Po'tland.

This particular situation is insanely unlikely.
Based on my last two visits each in Portland (charity work) and Seattle (med treatments), the insanity is likely. I'd put it at 50:50 or worse.
I met with @coyotecaller in Portland Pearl District about four years ago, and the freak parade that passed by while waiting was astonishing. Since then, it has gotten much worse.

^^^^
Yeah, interacting with crazies and faux crazies is becoming more common. But I stand by my statement that witnessing a full on delusional child abduction is one in a million. Not the same as tree punching, crackhead nonsense.
After reading the news in Oregon, that happened a minimum of three times last year in Portland. But at least two were from the same crazy.

Based on my last two visits each in Portland (charity work) and Seattle (med treatments), the insanity is likely. I'd put it at 50:50 or worse.
I met with @coyotecaller in Portland Pearl District about four years ago, and the freak parade that passed by while waiting was astonishing. Since then, it has gotten much worse.
I remember that. For someone new to that environment, they'll roll their eyes until they're at the back of your head. I work all over the metro area including Portland and being there multiple days a week is a circus you get used to. Free show provided daily. I recognize the environment I'm in so situational awareness is always on full alert. Pack daily is another piece of advice, especially in places like Portland has

I only got a reply from one politician, and that was basically "thanks for contacting us ".
I used to do that from time to time, with the same results. But the useless blob dim's did put me on THEIR mailing list and started sending me news of all the good work they do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top