JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I see it. If they ever completely ban them, what you have is what you have.

I've got a few Glock mags that need new internals as they are starting to fail.

This used to be a thing where I'd just toss the thing and get a new one.

I hope repair kits gain in popularity for all sorts of makes and models. So as to keep the ones I've got running for decades to come.

Most mag parts are easy to print. Springs, not so much.

I havnt seen any mags become less available other than the odd ones I use. Like Suomi converted sten mags.

Quantity? For fighting guns at least 12 mags per gun. More is better. They do wear out and can be damaged or lost in combat. For fun guns, like .22 trainers I like at least 6-8 per gun because I don't like reloading mags while trying to have fun/train. Hunting weapons? Just a few (3 to 4) for the damage/discontinued/future unobtanium factor. Spare parts? With the way things are going spare parts for semi autos may be unobtanium in just a few years...

Heck, for those of you who were not yet gun owners, buyers etc. you should have seen the run on Mags pre '94 AWB!
I remember it. I wasn't really into anything that needed spare magazines, but I did buy a couple for a Mini14. The one thing that I really remember was tables literally stacked high at a gun show, piles of "USA" brand magazines of every flavor.

I think the "USA" magazine factory was cranking them out by the million, trying to beat the ban, with absolutely no concern for quality or functionality. The Mini14 mags I bought were garbage. I learned to buy quality magazines only from then on. If it's not OEM or something like Okay or Mec-Gar, I'm not interested.

To each their own, but I personally have no need for more than 2 or 3 per gun. I'm not a "serious operator" though, and like I said- to each their own. :)

USPS was good to me today. Heavy steel AK mags FTW!

IMG_20210119_171420.jpg

I remember the day after the AWB ended in '04 - and the racks were flooded with hi caps - heck Bi mart at the time must have had them stored up as they literally had 100s of 25 round 10-22 mags on the racks!

I remember the day after the AWB ended in '04 - and the racks were flooded with hi caps - heck Bi mart at the time must have had them stored up as they literally had 100s of 25 round 10-22 mags on the racks!

One really nice development in that era was the demise of the old rat Bill Ruger and his son taking over to make the best dang 25 rd 10/22 mags anywhere

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top