JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He's referring to Bill Ruger's support of gun control bills and his statement that no honest man needs a magazine greater than ten rounds
I knew exactly what he was referring to and while not popular, Bill Rugers statements and possibly misguided opinions are hardly a justification to refer to him as an 'old rat'.

Heck I may have opinions that might not be 'congruent' with some of those that are 'mainstream' and readily accepted - does that make me an 'old rat"?

Last Edited:
He's referring to Bill Ruger's support of gun control bills and his statement that no honest man needs a magazine greater than ten rounds.

Good thing such Fudd-ish sentiments were not more widespread among other manufacturers; corporations deciding what is best for the people can be just as damaging to our liberties as legislation (see: Twitter, Facebook, Apple, etc...)

Good thing such Fudd-ish sentiments were not more widespread among other manufacturers; corporations deciding what is best for the people can be just as damaging to our liberties as legislation (see: Twitter, Facebook, Apple, etc...)

One traitor within the gates is more dangerous than 10,000 warriors outside. Our enemies make great use of such stupidity/folly

Have a nice day
Is this the new 'I'm right and you are wrong' ending to a potentially a self - righteous last-word position on something ? As though you are saying ' I don't want to hear about it anymore'? If so it's closed minded, infantile and not particularly intelligent.

Kind of like placing your hands over you ears and chanting 'la la la la' ?

Last Edited:
Good on ya mate. I wish pawn shops, or any shops around here had the 20 rounders for my hk93.

I have one of the Buds/PTR 93 builds and it's a sweetie. Runs 100%. Already had a bunch of mags because I had (2) 33 Malaysian parts kits for future builds. These are one of the most underrated small rifles in the world, IMO. I'm hoping to build one kit into a PDW/pistol and maybe sell the other kit when it peaks in value after Biden and his pond scum ban parts kits importation. For those who don't know, it was the 5.56 MM rifle the Sheriff in Rambo One carried into the woods after Rambo

Is this the new 'I'm right and you are wrong' ending to a potentially a self - righteous last-word position on something ? As though you are saying ' I don't want to hear about it anymore'? If so it's closed minded, infantile and not particularly intelligent.

Kind of like placing your hands over you ears and chanting 'la la la la' ?

You know what they say about opinions. I simply stated mine and you don't like it

I'm hesitant to condemn old man Ruger, but I certainly didn't agree with his views on the subject.

On the other hand, I sure like the BX25 10/22 magazine, and the ready availability of factory Mini-14 magazines. They are both dramatically better than most of the aftermarket stuff out there.

I remember back in the day, Ruger factory high-cap Mini-14 mags were a highly coveted item, and quite scarce since they were only sold to law enforcement. My dad bought a Mini-14 in the late '80s and it came with one factory 20rnd mag. A buddy and I went out shooting a few miles down the road, and put the guns in the back of his truck. I didn't realize that the bed of his truck had holes rusted in it. The magazine was gone. I even walked that stretch of road looking for it. Gone forever.

Another time I was in a local gun shop in the mid-'90s and they had a whole bunch of 30rnd Mini mags hanging on the wall in baggies, $10 each. I looked through them and they were all "USA" scrap metal, except one Ruger factory mag! For some reason I didn't buy it, but on the way home an hour later I decided I'd better stop and get it. It was gone.

The Mini-14 back then had a bit of a reputation for being unreliable. It wasn't because it was a bad design, but because most of the magazines you could get for them were junk.

No, I never said I didn't like it did I ?

I respect all opinions and if you had read my post about Bill Ruger I referenced his 'Possibly misguided opinions' - which they were.

Then why panties in a bunch? I simply call traitors what they are and always will. You can have whatever opinion you prefer, I'm not attacking you

I'm hesitant to condemn old man Ruger, but I certainly didn't agree with his views on the subject.

On the other hand, I sure like the BX25 10/22 magazine, and the ready availability of factory Mini-14 magazines. They are both dramatically better than most of the aftermarket stuff out there.

I remember back in the day, Ruger factory high-cap Mini-14 mags were a highly coveted item, and quite scarce since they were only sold to law enforcement. My dad bought a Mini-14 in the late '80s and it came with one factory 20rnd mag. A buddy and I went out shooting a few miles down the road, and put the guns in the back of his truck. I didn't realize that the bed of his truck had holes rusted in it. The magazine was gone. I even walked that stretch of road looking for it. Gone forever.

Another time I was in a local gun shop in the mid-'90s and they had a whole bunch of 30rnd Mini mags hanging on the wall in baggies, $10 each. I looked through them and they were all "USA" scrap metal, except one Ruger factory mag! For some reason I didn't buy it, but on the way home an hour later I decided I'd better stop and get it. It was gone.

The Mini-14 back then had a bit of a reputation for being unreliable. It wasn't because it was a bad design, but because most of the magazines you could get for them were junk.

So true. John Mason mags were the exception. 20/30 rd all were GTG but most folks didn't know about them. They came in nickled and blued and I have a mess of them, most still in the wrapper. Really more than I need, may sell some in the crazy near future we are facing

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top