JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is your "real action"?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
If only NRA spent at least those $5.1M here in WA on radio and TV ads, 2nd rallies, supporting pro-2nd political campaigns, school firearm programs, etc.
Forget about it! Instead they paid that money to their retired King.
NRA is a bluff, a strawman. Democrats, in fact, love NRA. They use NRA every time they want to scare and consolidate their cattle.
And for many conservatives NRA is just a comfort zone, an illusion of security.

If only NRA spent at least those $5.1M here in WA on radio and TV ads, 2nd rallies, supporting pro-2nd political campaigns, school firearm programs, etc.
NRA is a bluff, a strawman. Democrats, in fact, love NRA. They use NRA every time they want to scare and consolidate their cattle.

There is a lot of truth in this.

NRA needs to be more proactive. I maintain a basic membership only for the purpose of keeping membership in some clubs that require it. NRA does little for me in the way of political action.
When they start hammering ballots with pro gun initiatives ... win or lose... then Ill give them credit.

Always playing defense is no way to win. They spend money on frivolous cases sometimes and others are viable... in general, I would like to see my dues going to offense and make THEM spend their money fighting OUR initiatives... Money is spent both ways, Id rather keep pounding home the message via the ballot box than spending it fighting the measures THEY passed against us... Way too much time schmoozing friendly politicians in DC and not enough boots on the ground where the real fights are.

IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot... more and more people are seeing their rights slip away while the NRA is, at best, powerless to stop it. After that, what is the point of keeping up membership? Its like paying for car insurance when all you have is a bike.

NRA is very effective at fighting anti-2a legislation. They have been around since Moses, so they are not rookies. They often get back the money they spend on litigation with compensation awards. Of the $5.1 million you mention, $3.7 million is a one time deferred compensation plan (equivalent to a pension plan pay out), ~$985,000 in salary and ~$150,000 in bonuses. If you retire and the union pension plan pay you $40,000 per year for 25 years, you would receive $1,000,000. A lot of money for a plumber, electrician, or ship yard worker until the end of life retirement plan. So he received an executives pension (retirement plan) payout for working there since 1977. NRA brought in $366 million in 2016 per filings. In 4 years that is over one billiion dollars in funds raised. That is why politicians fear and love the NRA. Is his compensation out of align with other executives? Probably not. Wayne Lapierre has been good for the NRA in my opinion. One man named Michael Bloomberg donate ~$50 million to gun control legislation. Levi jeans company has joins Bloomberg in the battle to steal our constitutional rights. I too feel frustrated at times but eventually I come around to the realization that we can win if we don't give up!
"WOLVERINES!"

I just will leave it here:
http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm
15924e56754189d3b46fd09367d97e5e.png

NRA is very effective at fighting anti-2a legislation. They have been around since Moses, so they are not rookies. They often get back the money they spend on litigation with compensation awards. Of the $5.1 million you mention, $3.7 million is a one time deferred compensation plan (equivalent to a pension plan pay out), ~$985,000 in salary and ~$150,000 in bonuses. If you retire and the union pension plan pay you $40,000 per year for 25 years, you would receive $1,000,000. A lot of money for a plumber, electrician, or ship yard worker until the end of life retirement plan. So he received an executives pension (retirement plan) payout for working there since 1977. NRA brought in $366 million in 2016 per filings. In 4 years that is over one billiion dollars in funds raised. That is why politicians fear and love the NRA. Is his compensation out of align with other executives? Probably not. Wayne Lapierre has been good for the NRA in my opinion. One man named Michael Bloomberg donate ~$50 million to gun control legislation. Levi jeans company has joins Bloomberg in the battle to steal our constitutional rights. I too feel frustrated at times but eventually I come around to the realization that we can win if we don't give up!
"WOLVERINES!"

Last Edited:
The NRA as a lobbying organization is primarily focused on federal legislation. I think that's fairly self-evident given their actions (or in-actions as it were) with regard to various state legislation over the last several years.

As a lifetime member I am disappointed in what I perceive to be a lack of commitment at the state level. I also know a lost cause when I see one.

I'd rather them save the money to oppose national legislation than spend millions where they have little chance of winning.

In case anybody is wondering about the status of the California Mag ban suit, this is the best update I could find. There doesn't seem to be any schedule for the ruling:

What's Next:
The case is currently pending a ruling on plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment, which was argued in May 2018. If summary judgment is granted, the injunction will become permanent, but the State is likely to appeal.

F53A5548-708D-4A88-8CE1-7AAF62BA2BE1.jpeg
NRA-ILA | Washington: Magazine Ban & Firearm Seizure Bills Pass Committee

I keep saying.......small steps toward the big goal. total confiscation.

Read the article.
Why go along with their slow death? Just maybe, if they just ban everything, people will come out from behind their keyboards , and be willing to fight. We already have millions who won't comply with mag bans in NJ, registration in CT, and not one bump stock has been turned in in FL. We will not just forfeit our rights our freedoms our guns, because they say so. Think of gun owners as a kid riding a bike. Liberal bullies are constantly throwing sticks in the bike spokes, to make the kid stop and take the sticks out. If the kid reacts, and fights the liberal bully, everything changes. But if the kid just continues to keep taking the sticks out, eventually, he will quit riding his bike altogether. That's what the lib bully is counting on. They want to diminish gun rights in an incremental way. To piss off too many of America's gun owners, all at once, would be a monumental mistake on their part, and I think they realize it. Here's hoping they make that mistake.

NRA-Mostly @ Federal level
SAF-Fed & State level
GOA-Fed & State level
I don't agree 100% to what any of them are doing all the time. But I do agree that 100% of what they are doing is better then some gun owners in my state sitting on their asses doing nothing.

Them; Straight party line voting--
Me; You're a moron!

Them; I don't care about x law because of...it doesn't affect my gun.
Me; SCREW you you fricking moron!

Them; I don't have the time to write all those people.
Me; You're a worthless piece of bubblegum!

Them; I have every lazy bubblegum excuse in the world blah blah
Me; Please rid your self from society

Them; Please hold my hand and do the work for me...
Me; Please rid your self from society

I'm so damn sick & tired of some of the lazy bubblegum gun owners (& 2A supporters) in this state that bubblegum & whine but won't get off their worthless lazy asses to do anything but complain. Or even worse, they're so damn oblivious as to what's happening wherein their constitutional rights are being violated. Utterly ignorant horses-asses. If I had my way, I'd shove a rough sawn 4x4 up their backside with no lube.

If you're not voting, writing your worthless elected reps every day, supporting some pro-gun/2A organization with $ or volunteering somehow or even writing letters to your local paper opinion page, then what the hell good are you doing?

How many of you went to the state legislature website and voiced your opinions on proposed bills? Or better yet..How many gun owners went to the state legislature website and voiced their opinions? I've posted the links to do so in other posts.

I vote, write, support with $ and write some more! And YES I'm pissed! The proposed bills are bad enough but the apathy by gun owners in Washington State is disgusting.

We all know MSM won't print anything that contradicts THEIR skewed views but you can always take out ads like I did in the Giant Nickel. (whatever your area has) Call/write your local radio/tv stations. (another good luck but ya never know..)

If this post is offensive & get's me banned, I don't really care anymore. I'll fight alone if I have to! But Fight I will! My elected officials (state/fed) are worthless pieces of sh**. Especially Ferguson, Inslee, Murray, Cantwell.

Dan

So as usual a magazine ban thread turns into an NRA bashing contest.
Proof the antics of the Gun Haters have won because most gun owners only know how to b itch & moan and not do a d amn thing constructive.:mad::mad::mad:
Thanks a lot!!!

Proof the antics of the Gun Haters have won because most gun owners only know how to b itch & moan and not do a d amn thing constructive.:mad::mad::mad:
Thanks a lot!!!
Yea, we have beome pretty bubblegumed up as a people

Thanks a lot!!!
Not supporting useless and corrupted NRA fat cats makes us bubblegumes?
Come one!
Have some guts to admit the truth.
You are welcome.

Please lets not turn this into yet another:
My gun rights group is better than your sucky gun rights group.
The "back and forth" comments and replies , do nothing for the OP topic and creates divisiveness among members here.
I am sick and tired of threads devolving into a "Us versus Them" b1tchfest.

These two harmful bills passed committee...Just what do we do now...?
Should be the topic....Not bickering back and forth over who / what is a better gun rights group.
Andy

Yeah, like NRA helped us to fight I-594 and I-1639.
The NRA have been hugely effective on the national front.
Because of that, a handful of ultra rich like Michael Bloomberg and WA's own Nick Hanauer have poured tens of millions into state efforts, by passing legislatures to enact initiatives, largely based on bogus propaganda.

Perhaps you have an effective counter-strategy?
If so, I haven't seen it. Feel free to share.

Please lets not turn this into yet another:
My gun rights group is better than your sucky gun rights group.
The "back and forth" comments and replies , do nothing for the OP topic and creates divisiveness among members here.
I am sick and tired of threads devolving into a "Us versus Them" b1tchfest.

These two harmful bills passed committee...Just what do we do now...?
Should be the topic....Not bickering back and forth over who / what is a better gun rights group.
Andy
I believe it would be helpful to spread out your donations to multiple gun rights groups even if you don't like their style. Legislators won't know that you belong to 5 different groups but it will make each groups membership larger. Buy in at minimum membership level and give more to the one you really like. I think they are all doing good work at some level.

I believe it would be helpful to spread out your donations to multiple gun rights groups even if you don't like their style. Legislators won't know that you belong to 5 different groups but it will make each groups membership larger. Buy in at minimum membership level and give more to the one you really like. I think they are all doing good work at some level.
This concept could be a huge force multiplier.

The NRA have been hugely effective on the national front.
Because of that, a handful of ultra rich like Michael Bloomberg and WA's own Nick Hanauer have poured tens of millions into state efforts, by passing legislatures to enact initiatives, largely based on bogus propaganda.

Perhaps you have an effective counter-strategy?
If so, I haven't seen it. Feel free to share.

Contact the NRA and tell them you expect them to also mount a defense at the local level, if not at the time legislation is being pushed forward, in the courts afterwards.

Your donation money is a finite resource, and if you have to choose between an organization that isn't focused on the local level, while local legislation is being enacted, then the money needs to be prioritized with organizations that will act at the local level in our interests.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews