JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
I may have missed it, but how did you pay? Hopefully ya didn't "Friends and Family" PayPal*. :(

Perhaps he's sick, a lot of folks are. Maybe the weather shut him down somehow. Mail is definitely slower.
But that's a long time for ZERO contact. :( :(

*which should NEVER be done to buy something. and doing the "add n% if using PayPal" will get your money seized if they catch ya. both totally against their policy, unfortunately.
F&F PayPal is good enough for what we do here...

They dont seize the money but you can have your account suspended if you operate outside of the ToS.

In the end, its the risk we all take doing a transaction via mail. Even if its a car part or something, PayPal cant do anything for you between private parties.

Doing a gun related deal on there and using "goods & services" just takes money away from you and gives ZERO protection. Just do F&F and think of it like cash. If you get burned, then you get burned... be more cautious next time.

Really though, for most people electronic payments are the only way to go with distance transactions... and all of them have something anti-gun in their ToS. BUT if you arent adding "thanks for the AK" in your payment note, no one is going to know or even ask questions.

Ive been doing this for 10+ years and have never had mine or anyone else's $$$ seized for doing a gun related transaction.

Upvote 0
If it was a member with a good reputation here I would go out of my way to wait as needed to give benefit of the doubt. Waiting longer to give negative feedback doesn't hurt anything...
Lots of things can suddenly go wrong in life where checking a forum becomes way down the list of priorities. Maybe since hes a well known member here one of the mods might know someone who knows him personally and can reach out to them separately, I dunno just ideas.

Upvote 0
How much money are we talking here?

If it were me - $100 bucks would be my limit of patience. Maybe.

But I would leave feedback by now - even if using kind words, it's time.

Upvote 0
pretty sure joe can edit and or remove any feedback, so technically speaking, they are editable.

Upvote 0
Seems a well established member, with good feedback, who hasn't been on in two plus weeks would warrant a "wellness check", specially if that member were a regular contributor to the forum.

As for the transaction, I personally would continue to try contact, if he's not been on in weeks, there's more than likely a good reason. Health, work, family can all cause us to disrupt our normal behavior patterns.

Publicly outing someone without understanding the root cause of the absence and/or lack of communications doesn't seem like it'll do either party any good in the long run. There'll be members who look at both sides negatively.

Just my.02 and worth every penny paid:)

Upvote 0
While not calling anyone out, it may be interesting to know if anyone knows them personally. They may have insight.

I've had my hand slapped a few times for calling out other members. If I stir the pot I'm not afraid to lick the spoon.

Upvote 0
just post his username...

If its a long time member, some of us other long timers might know who it is... Maybe something happened, etc... One of us could reach out.

We will all know after the feedback hits, nothing to lose by posting the username here... Just the username.

I for one wouldnt mind if I were the seller in this case. Id hate to get a negative hit if thete was another way to take care of it first,

Upvote 0
Seems a well established member, with good feedback, who hasn't been on in two plus weeks would warrant a "wellness check", specially if that member were a regular contributor to the forum.

I'd consider that "Outing" a wellness check. Why would a long time member in good standing screw someone out of a negligible amount of money? Well, unless it was $200,000.00? Then you never know I suppose?

Upvote 0
Many people don't have a price to step across that line - they value their integrity more than $

what about.....
1616457592827.png

Upvote 0
This here is what I'm thinking, some of us are approaching Father Time status so things can and do happen in short order. God forbid this fellow is in ill health or...:(

This is a great time for me to make an announcement, if I have any dealings with anybody here and I fall short on my end then there's a damn good reason for it.
I've left instructions with my wife that if anything were to happen to me (death or major illness) that she will get on the forums I have listed and give you all a heads up. It's important to me that this should be done in a timely fashion.

I really need to leave the same instructions for my family. I keep thinking about it, keep not doing it...

Upvote 0
This here is what I'm thinking, some of us are approaching Father Time status so things can and do happen in short order. God forbid this fellow is in ill health or...:(
Years ago, there was a fellow in Blaine who sold SS bolts. His website had sudden negative feedbacks and other posters notified that he had died. STILL was not good enough for some...:s0092:

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
I understand the wellness check and all. Let's not forget their are members here that routinely do nothing but buy and sell, that have been on NWFA for years. With no contribution to the site other than buying and selling. A few of them also take pride of the fact that they have never donated money to this site on top of using the classifieds as their own personal listing site.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads