JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found these at an estate sale and was drawn to them. Pouch reads "74-P-142-705" and J.Q.M.D 1951

Some brass reads WRM 43, some reads WRM 44.

From what I've gathered these are for an m1 or m2? the pouch was manufactured by JQMD in 1951. The ammo is Winchester, .30 cal and the stamp refers to the date manufactured?

Curious for any more details, and hopefully a "price check" on it all. IMG_9132.jpg IMG_9129.jpg IMG_9127-2.jpg IMG_9126.jpg IMG_9124.jpg

Well, Yes - I Do want to sell them and obviously don't want to short myself, I got bills like everyone else :cool: But I also am curious as to what these are actually for, where and when these were used, etc.. I don't know much about old militaria and wouldn't mind a lesson before throwing them on the B/S/T forums :)

It's just regular military ammo, not with additional worth. You're best looking for examples for sale for the other parts.

The pouch and the 30 round magazines are Korean War era ...Lots of use of the M1 / M2 Carbine then...also would be appropriate for the early Vietnam era as well.
JQMD made pouches / bags / belts of various types from WWII to the early 60's
I would guess its in the $20 dollar range.....

The '43 and '44 on the ammo is indeed a date stamp.

The short magazine could be any era...not sure if its factory.
Andy

Sorry to hear but you may want to rethink your locking choices in the future.

The pouch and the 30 round magazines are Korean War era ...Lots of use of the M1 / M2 Carbine then...also would be appropriate for the early Vietnam era as well.
JQMD made pouches / bags/ belts of various types from WWII to the early 60's
I would guess its in the $20 dollar range.....

The '43 and '44 on the ammo is indeed a date stamp.

The short magazine could be any era...not sure if its factory.
Andy

Are you confident in that analysis Andy?

Well the date is '51 so that is right in line with the Korean War... ( 1950-1953 )
Lots of pictures of folks including my Dad using a Carbine with a 30 round magazine during that time period.....
And again lots of photo's showing the use of the Carbine in Vietnam....some US , A lot of ARVN / Montagnard use....

Could the 30 round magazines , here in the thread , be aftermarket and not GI issue...Yep...
Just was commenting in general ...hard to say for sure without seeing them in person.

Date stamps on ammo seem to jive with how I remember seeing them when I owned and shot a Carbine...

As for prices...that is about what they sell for where I live...hence my guess...
JQMD was a fairly common maker of US Web Gear...
And as to the short magazine....I did say I was unsure...
So all in all , yes I am confident in my answer....
Andy

I think Andy pretty much nailed it. I don't think "Uncle" ever had anything but the 20 rounders until the South Vietnamese needed something bigger. Saw lots while I was "In Country". Someplace like fleaBay is a place to get pretty much Top Dollar but even there I don't think you will get much. Good Luck.:):):)

A buddy of mine in college in the late 70s really liked his M2 with a paratrooper stock. He was part Hawaiian and full of interesting war stories and later spent some time assigned to special stuff in conjunction with Isrealis.

Brutus out

IMHO.....Just shoot the ammo. Sell the rest.

No M1 carbine......so, just sell it all.

BTW, the ammo is non-corrosive. All M1 carbine ammo Made in USA was non-corrosive.

Aloha, Mark

Chinese copy down to the last detail our old pouches, look in Shotgun News for all the ones they are selling here. If the pouch looks new after 66 years then its' probably a china copy. The 30 rounders look rusty, if you want to know who made them there is a code on the back if they were manufactured for the military. Usually two letters. If you want the code because a number of people manufactured them a fellow with a survival website has it all written out, name is Rawles, james Wesley.

Ammo is interesting for the 30 M1 because of the USA giving out guns and ammo to folks we like. Empty cases were evidence that it was Americans or their friends that attacked a poor village so the commies manufactured 30 M1 to leave as evidence. Fools used the wrong primers and the two flash holes in the case gave them away. Be careful and look in the case after you shoot the ammo to make sure it's American primer holes a wrong hole and your decap pin is broken.

I don't talk values much :D I have expressed my political values and they get deleted. No sense trying to help with money values.:)

Here is the survival website. Many survivalist keep a carbine handy because millions have been made.

This guy knows his feces.

SurvivalBlog

Edited to add, if there isnt' a date code on the back of the mags they are low end copies to be used only in training

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads