JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I what is believed to be an unfired ww2 Winchester m1 garand barrel. Any ideas what it is worth. Me/te are both 1s. The threads don't look like anything has ever been screwed on them, chamber is still in the white. And the lands and grooves are still different colors. I know it is a collector or museum piece. But I cannot find a comparable

IMG_0003.jpeg 123_1.jpeg 123_1.jpeg IMG_3048.jpeg IMG_3047.jpeg

Garand parts have gone up quite a bit lately. Check out the CMP Garand buy sale page.
Looks like this one went for $ 425 in not as good condition.

As I stated, I really don't consider this a comp. Me/te of 2/3.5 is a slightly better than average used Cmp barrel, not a unfired 1/1

According to Bruce N. Canfield in his book "A Collector's guide to the Winchester in the Service", "World War II Winchester M1 Garand Barrels were not marked with the date of manufacture and the only marking found on the right side of the barrel is the typical Winchester "proof mark". The Barrel's drawing number, "D35448" and "W.R.A." was stamped on top of the barrel about over the chamber area and can only be seen with the rear handguard removed." Very interesting piece in amazing condition. Would need to find a very particular buyer for this. No idea on value.

Where is the gas port relative to the barrel lands and grooves? Do you have better photos of the gas cylinder spline grooves and lower band area where the roll pin groove is and gas port location on the rifling.

It is likely a fake Winchester barrel. Any knowledgeable collector will want lots of photos of the areas I mentioned before considering it. The counterfeiters went as far as mimicking some unique traits of Winchester barrel machining details but failed in other areas.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads