JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
got the pistol back today, they replaced the barrel and recoil spring. fired it and passed inspection. repaired under warranty. sweet!

no complaints!

F840B00F-FEBC-492C-A438-7D4198A9A9E8.jpeg

my wife actually waited for fedex to drop it off today since im at work. she opened it and sent me pictures. then she asked "you didnt send a mag with it did you? theres no mag!"

"no i didnt send a mag, thanks for caring though babe"

lol shes cute

my wife actually waited for fedex to drop it off today since im at work. she opened it and sent me pictures. then she asked "you didnt send a mag with it did you? theres no mag!"

"no i didnt send a mag, thanks for caring though babe"

lol shes cute

Keeper.

Have you dry fired it? Does the trigger feel about like it did before? Both my Shields are M1.0, but I have two M&P 40C's M2.0 and thy took a nice enough trigger ad improved it. Made me wonder is you could upgrade a M.0 to M2.0, pretty sure the answer is no. Still newer parts might make it feel better or worse.

Wow, great turnaround! Glad it all worked out for you and you have your sidearm back! Another something to be thankful for?:D

Have you dry fired it? Does the trigger feel about like it did before? Both my Shields are M1.0, but I have two M&P 40C's M2.0 and thy took a nice enough trigger ad improved it. Made me wonder is you could upgrade a M.0 to M2.0, pretty sure the answer is no. Still newer parts might make it feel better or worse.
the trigger feels the same to me it doesnt look like they touched the frame. cleaned it but i think thats it

one observation i noticed new vs old barrel is the top of my new barrel doent angle down as dramatically as the new one. the new one is more tapered. yes, the old one was always like this starting in the yellow circled area. maybe its just an illusion though since the old barrel was so peened in the front. it seems like the front of the new barrel is shorter too in the same spot the old one was peened(before it was peened)

new barrel. top of chamber is more of a taper
B3F3F096-B585-454E-98C6-468D06B21D72.jpeg
old barrel angles down more than new barrel
77859642-3D1D-4A21-84C8-400CE00FDEF7.jpeg

one observation i noticed new vs old barrel is the top of my new barrel doent angle down as dramatically as the new one. the new one is more tapered. yes, the old one was always like this starting in the yellow circled area. maybe its just an illusion though since the old barrel was so peened in the front. it seems like the front of the new barrel is shorter too in the same spot the old one was peened(before it was peened)

new barrel. top of chamber is more of a taper
View attachment 636380
old barrel angles down more than new barrel
View attachment 636381
Look to the left from the circle at the step in the hood. The new one appears to have two changes. It looks to me that the hood extends farther forward, quite possibly to give a larger surface interlocking with the slide, which would distribute the load better. Also, that extension is undercut, which would help it from shearing off. Looks like quite the update to me.:cool:

Look to the left from the circle at the step in the hood. The new one appears to have two changes. It looks to me that the hood extends farther forward, quite possibly to give a larger surface interlocking with the slide, which would distribute the load better. Also, that extension is undercut, which would help it from shearing off. Looks like quite the update to me.:cool:
im thinkin mine isnt the first one theyve seen

I decided to take my 40 apart and see how it compared to the OP's. I bought it used and believe it was made in 2015. If it had a few hundred rounds through it before I got it, I'd be surprised. (I know the previous owners) I've probably put 4 or 500 rounds on it and can't tell you when I shot it last, but I have complete confidence that it will work the next time I ask it to. I posted a thread about that once, too.
But I digress.
The hood is more of a blocky, square shape on the 40 than the 9. Initially I thought the rounded corner of the hood was a high contact area as it looked shiny and worn, but the picture shows the contact to mostly be squared up directly above the barrel. There's also a wear pattern on the hood about where the OP made circles on his pics which I'm sure is caused by the slide dragging on it as the assembly moves forward. There's even a slight amount of peening at the most rearward point of this mark. My hunch is things are a little soft, as this isn't a high use gun. It's something I will keep my eye on.
@v0lcom13sn0w , do you know when your gun was made? Shield 40 barrel.jpg

I decided to take my 40 apart and see how it compared to the OP's. I bought it used and believe it was made in 2015. If it had a few hundred rounds through it before I got it, I'd be surprised. (I know the previous owners) I've probably put 4 or 500 rounds on it and can't tell you when I shot it last, but I have complete confidence that it will work the next time I ask it to. I posted a thread about that once, too.
But I digress.
The hood is more of a blocky, square shape on the 40 than the 9. Initially I thought the rounded corner of the hood was a high contact area as it looked shiny and worn, but the picture shows the contact to mostly be squared up directly above the barrel. There's also a wear pattern on the hood about where the OP made circles on his pics which I'm sure is caused by the slide dragging on it as the assembly moves forward. There's even a slight amount of peening at the most rearward point of this mark. My hunch is things are a little soft, as this isn't a high use gun. It's something I will keep my eye on.
@v0lcom13sn0w , do you know when your gun was made?View attachment 636389
i believe it was made in 2013-early 2014

My 45 was one in the first bunch of 45's out, shot seldom, but every now and then. I shot it this spring. My 40 while a Mod1 is much newer bought in 2018, I never checked it's birthday at the S&W website, guess I will. I shoot it and like the 40 more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads