JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The heat treating sounds about right...
My guess is that the locking lug gets hung up on something, but it's likely a symptom of both.

I could make some smart azzed remark here about shelving the Shield for a Sig, (which I did) but that would be inappropriate.

Interested to hear S&W's response. Seen these over the weekend in the web for sub SCCY pricing, after the $50 rebate...

:s0093:

Smith & Wesson
Sig
And Glock
All were faulty heat treating.

Most showed signs of peening after 100 rounds. Pretty easy to spot

Customer service was great with all three, had replacement pistols in hand within a week.

Firearms are mass produced. No matter how good the people are sometimes something slips through. Every time some gun has some failure like this you see a lot of, "well glad I don't own that one". Which means nothing as long as this is some anomaly. Lot's of this pistol floating around. First time I ever heard of this. Some will make it sound like this is going to happen to a lot of them. As the Smith here said he has seen it from 3 different makers. No matter what you buy there is some chance, something on it may fail, some day. There is no mass made anything that never needs a warranty. I don't lose any sleep over this.

S&W has requested the firearm be sent to them for inspection
I am sure you will but, do make sure you let us know. I am sure they are going to fix it free, as should be. Only way something like this would effect my possibly buying a gun like this is if S&W refused to deal with this. That makes me leery of a Co, if I start to hear they treat customers poorly. Most of us are pretty sure they will of course make this right, as they should.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top