JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never had a problem with this pistol. Shot quite a few rounds yesterday with no problem. Today before cleaning, I dropped the mag and attempted to pull the slide back, but it would budge far enough to eject the chambered round. With enough force, it finally ejected the round, but it took some effort. Upon disassembly, I found this small piece of metal protruding out of the left rear side of the lock block. Any ideas what happened here? I have had this completely apart before and never noticed it before. I don't want to screw with it any more because I have a feeling it is going back to S&W.

IMG_20210608_163431696~2.jpg IMG_20210608_163449593_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20210608_163512665~2.jpg

Looks like a piece of the rail sheared off the slide and lodged in the frame. Look at the bottom of the slide.
Examining my Shields I don't see any thing in the lower that would / could do this.
My vote is, contact Smith and let them fix it.

Good to know .
I have 3 Shields .
Well I had three gave one to my sister.
And @Melmelhunter got one from me
And the other went to a friend.
But still good to know if any of them have problems
In all fairness to S&W, this may have been user error. The piece of metal that was sticking out in now inserted into the side of the locking block. When I installed the new trigger, I had the locking block completely removed. There is a chance that I didn't reinstall everything as it should be, but I am not certain. There was very little communication with S&W and I didn't even know that the pistol was going to show up today until I received a text message with the tracking info yesterday. To their credit, they fixed it with no questions asked and at zero charge to me.

I like the shields .
That's why I had 3 of them.
Palmetto state armory had them on sale a few years ago so I bought one.
Carried it for awhile.
Then they had another sale and I bought two more.
One with the crimson trace laser light on it.
But then @Melmelhunter needed a carry gun
So sold one to her cheap .
Then gave one to my sister when she got her CPL .
then my friend wanted a small home defense gun .
So he got the one with the light Lazer.
Lol
So now I'm without a shield.
Just have 2 Glocks
A Kimber 45
A Ruger p89
Springfield EMP
Star 380
And two 22 pistols.
Lol I need to buy another pistol.

This is the only S&W pistol I've owned besides a SD9VE years ago. Wish I would've picked one up sooner. With the Hyve trigger it is a sweet shooter and the Shield feel better in my hand than an other pistol I've owned besides my 1911

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top