JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cleaned the Shield up tonight. A little sleepy, I had the take down lever in the wrong position when I put the slide back on. This sucker won't budge. Any suggestions?

AAC70726-F500-4745-A5A3-64FEFB97FDA7.jpeg

I think that I had a similar problem with my Ruger LC9S the first time I tried to reassemble it. I believe the problem was that I pulled the trigger before cycling the slide fully back and front. I called Ruger and they said "Make sure it is empty and beat the back end of the slide against a rubber surface until it forces itself closed." YMMV.

I think that I had a similar problem with my Ruger LC9S the first time I tried to reassemble it. I believe the problem was that I pulled the trigger before cycling the slide fully back and front. I called Ruger and they said "Make sure it is empty and beat the back end of the slide against a rubber surface until it forces itself closed." YMMV.
Son of a gun! I was hesitant to smack it with a hammer, because plastic guns and all. Out of frustration I said funk it and smacked it on the floor. Slide flew forward. Not all hero's wear capes, sir…Maybe you do, but I don't judge. Thank you!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR