JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old thread.
M-LOK won that war.
Some are invested in Keymod and they will hang on.

Visually I never liked Keymod.
It copied warehouse shelving stanchion keyholes.
I think of a shelving stanchion when I see a Keymod rail.

M-LOK won because it's aesthetically more pleasing to the eye when unpopulated.
And its attachment method is robust.

Ironically, my only dickmod rail is my favorite, because it is so ugly I was forced to buy covers for all of it.

20190428_220138.jpg

I have both and will use what's at hand.

Pretty much how I see things. People say M loc is stronger, but I'm not known for throwing my stuff around. I'm almost certain I will never push my equipment to it's ragged edge and even notice which is stronger. I do know I like my key mod stuff, but recently bought a M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor that is M loc. I'll likely never really know which is better, because both work just fine...

That would be me I guess. "Poor Sod". Bought the rifle Black Friday sale 2015. I don't HAVE to have a sling, but I thought that's what you do with your AR. Put an optic on it pretty quick and just took my time with this. I've had the sling and mounting parts for some time.

That's weird. My Noveske NSR's don't have that problem....:rolleyes::D

Nothing wrong with pic rails, all things being equal quality, they are certainly superior in terms of strength in both the rail itself and mounting system but that comes with a weight and bulk penalty, hence the reason for M-Lok and KeyMod in the first place. Truth be told I had zero issue with how Centurion handled the issue with their CMR rail and similarly KAC with their URX 3 and 3.1 rails.

Why the disparagement for key mod?

What do I not know about it?

I have both km & ml, both work well or is the criticism just another way to be silly and bust ballotas?

What do I not know about it?

I have both km & ml, both work well or is the criticism just another way to be silly and bust ballotas?

It looks like the supports to garage shelves one can buy at Costco. And it sucks, so there's that.

I never liked it from the inception, mainly due to the look of it.
The idea had been used for decades on warehouse shelving and steel bed frames.

The market needed something other than the quad rail (cheese grater) and the idea of "negative" rail space came about. As opposed to 4 pic rails.

IIRC, Keymod hit the market first and then Magpul rolled out their M-LOK system soon after.
It was a battle for marketshare.
I knew the war was over when BCM, a stalwart Keymod supporter starting listing M-LOK rails.

Good deals pop up occasionally on Keymod stuff as that standard fades into its niche.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top