JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just picked up a 22/45 Lite and I wanna get a red dot on it ASAP, however I am shying away from the $300 price tag I am seeing for the Vortex options. Does anyone else have experience with some good quality but inexpensive red dots they could recommend?

Burris Fastfire 3. $189 brand new on ebay. I have had a Fastfire 2 on a 1911 45
for 8 years with lots of use. No issues with it. I have 2 more Fastfires on 22 pistols.
If it can survive living on a 1911 slide slamming back and forth they must be well made.:D
DSC00153.JPG

Vortex Venom.

Has ambient light sensor. Set it, forgettaboutit....

I run one on my Mark III 22/45

How did you mount the Fastfire within the dovetail?

There are a few companies that make them. I'm looking at same for my mark iv. I'll post the links when I get back to my laptop.

Edited to add: My bad. These are for the Deltapoint Pro but Ill put them here anyway.

<broken link removed>

This one will work for many different red dot sights: https://outerimpact.com/shop/red-dot-adaptermount-ruger-mark-ii-iii-2245-works-many-red-dots/

Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Scroll down to part number SB40: Aristocrat Products - Competition Proven Products

If you google "burris fastfire dovetail mount ruger 22/45" a bunch of options pop up.

Last Edited:
Here's why the $230 Vortex Venom 3 moa is the ticket:

The enclosed picatinny mount is the lowest I have ever seen! Maybe a millimeter thick? I mean amazingly low profile. I've got one on 2 different 22's.

If you are open to tube style red dots I stick by my original post and say get a holosun.

22-45-ruger-review-survival-bug-out-pistol-shtf.jpg

The Burris fast fire series 2 and 3 are the perfect fit for a 22 pistol. They have a 0 parallax lenses and a fairly large window. Get the smallest dot. You can always increase the brightness to make the dot bigger. But its hard to get really accurate with a large dot.

They are but some are much better than others. Most 1x have some zoom unless you are spending a lot of money. They can range from 1.5-2x is much more realistic. This is why the fastfire, trijicon, and vortex micro red dots are so popular on pistols.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top