JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just picked up a 22/45 Lite and I wanna get a red dot on it ASAP, however I am shying away from the $300 price tag I am seeing for the Vortex options. Does anyone else have experience with some good quality but inexpensive red dots they could recommend?

Burris Fastfire 3. $189 brand new on ebay. I have had a Fastfire 2 on a 1911 45
for 8 years with lots of use. No issues with it. I have 2 more Fastfires on 22 pistols.
If it can survive living on a 1911 slide slamming back and forth they must be well made.:D
DSC00153.JPG

Vortex Venom.

Has ambient light sensor. Set it, forgettaboutit....

I run one on my Mark III 22/45

How did you mount the Fastfire within the dovetail?

There are a few companies that make them. I'm looking at same for my mark iv. I'll post the links when I get back to my laptop.

Edited to add: My bad. These are for the Deltapoint Pro but Ill put them here anyway.

<broken link removed>

This one will work for many different red dot sights: https://outerimpact.com/shop/red-dot-adaptermount-ruger-mark-ii-iii-2245-works-many-red-dots/

Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Scroll down to part number SB40: Aristocrat Products - Competition Proven Products

If you google "burris fastfire dovetail mount ruger 22/45" a bunch of options pop up.

Last Edited:
Here's why the $230 Vortex Venom 3 moa is the ticket:

The enclosed picatinny mount is the lowest I have ever seen! Maybe a millimeter thick? I mean amazingly low profile. I've got one on 2 different 22's.

If you are open to tube style red dots I stick by my original post and say get a holosun.

22-45-ruger-review-survival-bug-out-pistol-shtf.jpg

The Burris fast fire series 2 and 3 are the perfect fit for a 22 pistol. They have a 0 parallax lenses and a fairly large window. Get the smallest dot. You can always increase the brightness to make the dot bigger. But its hard to get really accurate with a large dot.

They are but some are much better than others. Most 1x have some zoom unless you are spending a lot of money. They can range from 1.5-2x is much more realistic. This is why the fastfire, trijicon, and vortex micro red dots are so popular on pistols.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top