JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as I know CZ uses Mecgar made mags in their pistols. This company is where we've bought from.
Gun Accessory Supply Inc.

Real nice guys.
Thanks man! Good to hear that since I'll certainly want to get a few more.

As a civilian (this century), I've evolved into the kind of guy who prefers to avoid and escape from dangerous situations, so I don't picture getting into an extended confrontation where I'll need to change out a lot of 14-round mags (or even one).

But it's always nice to have several extras around and be proficient at swapping them quickly.

tacticalama.JPG

Last Edited:
Blazer Brass is available almost anywhere and works well for me.
The Federal HST for the real thing.

Thanks DD! I've noticed those big yellow 250rd boxes of Remington at Bi-Mart (I think) and didn't analyze the price difference yet (if any).

Mrs. Teflon uses Blazer Brass to practice with her 9, and their .45acp is flawless in my 1911. So I'll probably stick with that brand/good price while I refine my instincts with the CZ to where I'm comfy with it for EDC. It'll add to my expense when I drill with hollow points, too, but I strongly encourage all shooters to ensure their carry-round actually feeds and cycles reliably.

I did my initial fam-fire drills with several boxes of Blazer Brass and Fiocchi ball yesterday. The CZ plowed through those like Michael Moore with a tub of ribs at Golden Corral.

Last Edited:
Moving on to acquiring a Hi Point (which will probably also use MecGar 14-15 rd mags since originals are somewhat scarce). I'm wondering exactly what I'll end up with. The old Series T Hi Power looks beautiful with aged wood grips and a ring hammer, but DAMN those pieces are outlandishly expensive!

Newer ones seem just a little bit less. But most of those I've seen are coated sort of matte gray, and not blued like the old Belgian classics. And "newer" ones all have the spur hammer. I know either hammer can bite the hand, but I just like the look and feel of the ring.

I suppose I can get a newish one made somewhere else (possibly with a much lower round count) and then install a ring hammer and get it blued so it looks and feels right. Wood grips either way. Metal and wood guns satisfy something within me that poly just cannot touch.

FN continued to make polished blue HiPowers right to the end. Epoxy black ones are just far more common on the used market. There is nothing wrong with a Portugal assembled FN HiPower. To me the T's are for collecting. For shooting I stick with the later models.

FN continued to make polished blue HiPowers right to the end. Epoxy black ones are just far more common on the used market. There is nothing wrong with a Portugal assembled FN HiPower. To me the T's are for collecting. For shooting I stick with the later models.
Yeah, excellent points User. I really have to separate my divergent senses of what's cool as hell to own versus what's solid to shoot a lot, maintain proficiency and EDC.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top