JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But can to take out the auto indecks for the 650 or are you stuck with it?

Not sure. That could be answered by Dillon Customer Service or a member that owns one. It may be possible mechanically to remove it, but then what would you do to advance the shell? (The 550 has a gizmo that you use a thumb or finger to move the shell to the next station.)

You could remove the ring indexer from the 650 but auto indexing is a huge safety advantage as it is almost impossible to double charge a case with a auto indexing press but very easy on a 550.

You could remove the ring indexer from the 650 but auto indexing is a huge safety advantage as it is almost impossible to double charge a case with a auto indexing press but very easy on a 550.

True. That said, I've never double charged a 9mm case and if I did I think it would flow over. However, my .45ACP loads didn't even come close to filling the case. I still never double charged any, but I did have some mess ups that caused some cases not to be charged. I think that could happen on any press... gotta look!

I load 30-06, 308, 6.5x55, 8x57 and 223 on my 650xl... It does a wonderful job. Much better than the Lee progressive I got rid of 25 years ago to buy the Dillon!

I have never used a Hornady progressive so I can't compare the two.

Yeah i think the only thing i could possaably double charge would be the 38sp ... Every thing ..gets pretty full when i load .. And even if i did double charge a 38 it would just be turned into a +p round

U6FfIfrUbc%2FUcoKoTLHFUI%2FAAAAAAAAvZ8%2FsJv_D5I0lyI%2Fs1600%2FCNN%2BInternational%2BJune%2B2013.jpg

Young? LOL, I wish. Rich? :s0140:
I usually spend too much for my guns, reload to afford the hobby.
Below are my costs for my "plinking" rounds - still have about 1,200 SMK's, 1,800 110gr RN & ~500 150gr SP's.

View attachment 535759

Yup, lol we need to define "plinking". I'm thinking at least 100 shots, maybe 200-300 shots. I don't know bout you but this poor ol tired shoulder isn't going to like even 100 shots of .30cal. Which at your prices would be $33.00... not bad but not something I could do every weekend of the year on my limited income.

bb

Plinking would be going to the range with my brother, son and daughter, where between them, they might shoot two hundred 308 rounds.
Or taking a friend, client, or colleague to the range, we're between us, among all the different calibers we might shoot, as many as one hundred to five hundred rounds.
When I bring the AR-10, without a doubt, a lot more bullets get shot.
I wish I could just mail you some of these loaded, 110-grain plinking bullets, less recoil than AR-15, less sound than a 22 long rifle.

Plinking would be going to the range with my brother, son and daughter, where between them, they might shoot two hundred 308 rounds.
Or taking a friend, client, or colleague to the range, we're between us, among all the different calibers we might shoot, as many as one hundred to five hundred rounds.
When I bring the AR-10, without a doubt, a lot more bullets get shot.
I wish I could just mail you some of these loaded, 110-grain plinking bullets, less recoil than AR-15, less sound than a 22 long rifle.

Would that be a hazmat problem? If not, I could pay for shipping.

I don't know. For some reason I thought that is no longer legal to ship live ammunition.

I think it's just powder or primers... people are buying ammo online.

BTW, I wasn't thinking clearly... I would pay you for a box of 20 if you can spare them, and pay for shipping too.

I'll send you a PM.

I bought mine from a guy down in Milwaukee who is a dealer and I think was a member on here. If I recal correctly Curt's will order Dillon for you but mostly I've just ordered online.

I have been cranking on the Dillon 550 for +25 years. Cheaper and easier caliber conversions
than a 650. I load hundreds of 308 and 30/06 annually. Dillon verses 'Other brands'???
2018 IDPA championship survey.
Reloading press question of 186 respondents 154 use Dillon.;)

I bought mine from a guy down in Milwaukee who is a dealer and I think was a member on here. If I recal correctly Curt's will order Dillon for you but mostly I've just ordered online.

You may be speaking of member @JohnH . I met him several years ago buying components when I was starting up loading. Very nice guy. He was giving some loading lessons at the time.

I made some light loads for my .308... it's nice for target shooting but I never considered that to be "plinking". I also have worked over the trigger so it's butter smooth and has no take up.

I've seriously considered putting a muzzle brake on it. Went so far as to buy one. But I'll have to have my barrel modified and it would cost me $150. I still want to do it but I spent the money to buy another revolver. You think it made a big diff in recoil?

Every good 308 deserves a muzzle break and the suppressor that attaches to it! :p:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews